I've noticed recently (beginning of February) that all my RIM related stuff stopped working (or partially stopped working) on my Playbook (running 2.0.7111 beta version) ie news don't pick up any RSS feeds, app world doesn't allow installing of new apps or upgrades etc.

I went to the setup to check my BlackBerry ID and was greeted with the popup saying: "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to verify your password. For security reasons you have been locked out for 49429690 minutes"

Considering that the above number of minutes maps to over 94 years, what I am supposed to do now? The HW will be completely obsolete in 94 years and I probably won't even be able to update to OS 2.0 :-(

Any suggestions here? I have been on beta versions for a while now, but other than that, haven't done anything "wild" with my PB.

Please help. The above message is too ridiculous to be taken seriously, but it is still preventing my PB to work normally.

Thanks and bye, Dragan
    02-13-12 08:26 PM
    This issue has been posted already.

Set the date of the PB ahead and Wait a little and set it back. Should remove the exceeded messege.
    dcvetkovic likes this.
    02-13-12 08:30 PM
    I've noticed recently (beginning of February) that all my RIM related stuff stopped working (or partially stopped working) on my Playbook (running 2.0.7111 beta version) ie news don't pick up any RSS feeds, app world doesn't allow installing of new apps or upgrades etc.

I went to the setup to check my BlackBerry ID and was greeted with the popup saying: "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to verify your password. For security reasons you have been locked out for 49429690 minutes"

Considering that the above number of minutes maps to over 94 years, what I am supposed to do now? The HW will be completely obsolete in 94 years and I probably won't even be able to update to OS 2.0 :-(

Any suggestions here? I have been on beta versions for a while now, but other than that, haven't done anything "wild" with my PB.

Please help. The above message is too ridiculous to be taken seriously, but it is still preventing my PB to work normally.

Thanks and bye, Dragan
    I've seen this post before!!! I know I did cause it made me laugh that you did the math.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-13-12 08:32 PM
    The trick with changing the date forth and back did work. Thanks! I am happy now.

Dragan
    02-13-12 10:12 PM
    i too have seen this post before, Hmmmmm
    02-13-12 10:16 PM
    Just another bug from os 7111
    02-14-12 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD