Hi, I've just changed carrier, and had to change my blackberry I.D as it was the email supplied by my old carrier.

It changed over no problem on my bold 9900, but the playbook wouldn't allow me to change it.

I tried the security wipe, and now I have lost all my apps, when I login to app world, they are not there.

When I view app world on my bold, they show as being on another device, but how do I get them back onto my playbook without having to repurchase them?

I have tried to back up from blackberry desktop, but that fails every time (it starts by saying it estimates 55 mins, then stops after less than 30 seconds)

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    07-31-12 07:52 PM
    Did you create a new BlackBerryID or did you just change the email for it? If you used a new BlackBerryID, security wipe again, put in the old BlackBerryID and then use the edit BlackBerryID in settings to change it to a new email address. You cannot use an email address already associated with a BlackBerryID. You can also do this on the BlackBerry Web site and the new email will automatically show up on the devices associated with that BlackBerryID.
    07-31-12 08:14 PM
    Hi Robsteve,

I didn't use a new id, I changed my id email address on my bold, and it worked fine.
    The next time I booted my playbook it asked me to sign into id, but wouldn't accept my new login details, or the old ones when i tried to use them. I'm not sure I was using the correct password, and when I try to reset it, I get an error message (also the email address is dead as its from my previous carrier, so it wouldnt have sent anyway)
    It seams crazy that it is so complicated changing the id on a playbook, when it is so easy on a handset.
    Thanks for your help
    08-01-12 04:28 AM
    And that's why you should NOT USE any @CARRIER.blackberry.net emails for ANYTHING important.

Try logging with the old ID into BlackBerry ID - BlackBerry Login - Sign In to Apps & Services - US and from there, change the email associated with it.

I wish you luck!
    08-01-12 10:30 AM
    Try rebooting your PlayBook. When you make an email address change, it will propagate to the PlayBook automatically. It would have to be connected to wifi to do this. You may have yourself stuck in a loop you cannot get out of. Typically you should have done this on the PlayBook or a computer first and the new email would be associated with the BBID on all devices.

Just to clarify, on the phone you used a change the email address option or did you choose a new email address? If the phone was not logged in with the old BBID, I don't think you could have changed the email address of the BBID using the phone.

The whole BBID and email is confusing. Your BBID actually has a unique account number that we do not see, such as 1234. If you are logged into that account you can change the login email to a new one, but it is still the same unique account (1234), not a new one. If your phone was not logged into your old blackberry.net email, you could not have changed the email of your BBID, but probably created a new BBID with a new unique account number.

In regards to the PlayBook, if you asked it to generate a new password for the old BBID and it emailed it to your old Blackberry.net email, you may be out of luck if you cannot access that email to get the new password. You may have to activate your old phone to get the email.
    Last edited by robsteve; 08-01-12 at 10:58 AM.
    08-01-12 10:54 AM
    I went into options, device, blackberry i.d, then deleted the email address, put in the new one, then saved this.

My apps are all showing on my bold 9900 in app world, my world, and also the playbook apps when I select other devices.

I have tried the reboot, but still nothing on the playbook?

Thanks for your help
    08-01-12 02:07 PM
    Hi, I've just changed carrier, and had to change my blackberry I.D as it was the email supplied by my old carrier.

It changed over no problem on my bold 9900, but the playbook wouldn't allow me to change it.

I tried the security wipe, and now I have lost all my apps, when I login to app world, they are not there.

When I view app world on my bold, they show as being on another device, but how do I get them back onto my playbook without having to repurchase them?

I have tried to back up from blackberry desktop, but that fails every time (it starts by saying it estimates 55 mins, then stops after less than 30 seconds)

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Your BlackBerry ID isn't carrier based. My ID is my email address, so no matter what carrier I am with I can use my ID.

If you are talking about your blackberry.net account well that's something different!

A.
    08-01-12 04:53 PM
    No the email address I used for my blackberry id, was the carrier one I got with my 1st blackberry, 5 or 6 devices ago.
    I've continued to use it, until now when I have changed carriers.
    My old cell is disconnected, so I have no access to the email.
    I did try to resend the password earlier this evening, and was told that the email address was wrong on the blackberry id website, so its as I thought, ive changed it correctly, but its just the crazy way its works on a playbook, that there seams to be no straight forward way to change the id on that.
    08-01-12 06:30 PM
    My wife is facing a similar problem; she can't remember the password for the ID she supplied. Trouble is, she doesn't have access to that e-mail account anymore, either, so she can't retrieve the PW.

She doesn't have a TON of stuff, just a couple of games, but it's kind of a pain.
    08-01-12 06:59 PM
    This should be confirmed, but I believe with the Playbook you will have to re-install the OS to be allowed to use a new ID.
    02-22-13 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD