BlackBerry has had some good trade-up programs in the past (not sure if they still have them in some regions), but the PlayBook has never been a part of them.

So I was thinking, now that future support has officially been ended, why would they not include the PlayBook in any future trade-up programs? Or maybe even make a special one just for PB owners.

I am thinking that would be a win-win-win situation.
    Win: any regular BlackBerry user still in doubt about getting a new BB10 device might be persuaded by a discount. Can be seen as a form of good faith towards PB owners as well.
    Win: amount of PBs still in use will go down, leading to less customers service strain on BlackBerry. Less chance of a major impact of any security issues. Fewer people to keep complaining.
    Win (this is not PB specific): parts can be recycled. Some materials in tech devices have quite a large ecological footprint.

I am not sure about the financials behind such a program, but it should not be too expensive right? Otherwise there would not be so many of these programs.

Thoughts?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-25-14 04:14 PM
    "...now that future support has officially been ended, why would they not include the PlayBook in any future trade-up programs? Or maybe even make a special one just for PB owners. ..."

Have you posted this to Blackberry Corp., or just sharing thoughts first with the Crackberry community !?

If not posted to BB yet you could now, with a link to this thread (and others?) imho
    06-25-14 06:27 PM
    And where would I go to do that? As far as I am aware any BlackBerry community online is just run by enthusiasts.
    I actually wanted to ask Kevin about this during his Channel Chat, but I missed the time window for that.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-25-14 06:37 PM
    In Germany (German BlackBerry-Homepage) it works.

Never surrender!
    06-26-14 01:58 AM
    Oh you are right!
    Http://blackberry.com/de/de/web/home.html?c=de&lang=de
    But unfortunately the German site is the only one that lists the PlayBook for a trade up. I wish that would be a global thing. Good to know it could be done.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-26-14 02:12 AM
    Why don't we have a BlackBerry store anywhere here??? I gotta go to Dubai to visit one. Ugh
    06-26-14 03:01 AM