So, since joining Crackberry, I have always wanted to write this post. I hate to say it, but BlackBerry is done with the Playbook. There are many arguments to supports this, such as the extreme decline in prices, the lack to put out any decent apps, to fix bugs and software updates etc., and promoting. I have had my Playbook for almost 1 year now, but I am starting to get fed up with it. BB just doesn't seem to care about the PB anymore, and it's a shame, because this device had lots of potential, that BB didn't take. Anyway, I was just curious to see what others had to say on the topic.
    05-19-13 10:12 PM
    Sell it on Ebay and never buy Blackberry again. Sure it was old management that brought in the PB but Thor is no better handling the issue on killing or updating it. It's the same old Blackberry with vague answers. The playbook is dead just wish they would admit it once and for all and **** off the 2 million suckers who now own one.

You see they keep stringing them along with all Playbooks will have BB10 so they can try to get them to get a Z or Q phone while they know darn well they left the Playbook for dead. Just look how useless bridge is now for it! Any company that screws with their customers like Blackberry did deserves all the bad press they usually get.

After all all these years they still don't get it, and Thor is no different! Customer WANT dates and actual targets. Soon crap does not fly anymore.

Odd when android or apple have something on a road map with a projected date they are almost always bang on. Blackberry approach on this is Soon, in the near future, we are working on it, on the horizon.

Sorry but this will not fly any longer. Dug your own grave...
    Tazos, erichobo and blueberrymerry like this.
    05-20-13 12:37 AM
    Thor wasn't a fresh outsider brought in to save the company, he was part of the same disease that led to BBRY's current situation. Crap products, not listening to end users, not taking competitors seriously, not appreciating how to properly run public relations... what a mess.
    05-20-13 03:13 AM
    I never owned a Playbook before but correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the PB released something like more than 2 years ago?!
    From my experience with different companies, 2 years is the max support you should expect!
    erichobo and goku_vegeta like this.
    05-20-13 07:11 AM
    I hope I'm wrong, but put two years into this, waiting over and over, coming soon. Every update has been the same thing.at this point if they come out with, don't care, done giving BB money.
    05-20-13 07:19 AM
    [QUOTE=UnlimiteD3k;8513376]I never owned a Playbook before but correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the PB released something like more than 2 years ago?!
    From my experience with different companies, 2 years is the max support you should expect![/QUOTE Yeah,, that would be great if they hadn't been saying it's coming for over a year.
    05-20-13 07:21 AM
    Oh the drama....

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    05-20-13 07:47 AM
    Rofl, i think os 2..1 is fine. I also think that if they released bb10 for pb, it wont change the bug and lag. Happy with what you have.
    05-20-13 07:55 AM
    I never owned a Playbook before but correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the PB released something like more than 2 years ago?!
    From my experience with different companies, 2 years is the max support you should expect!
    That's probably true... although PlayBook was released two years ago, it is still unfinished... so, the 2-year lifespan should start when BB10 rolled out to PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    05-20-13 08:28 AM
    The playbook is not dead until Blackberry says its dead. everything else is Speculation !! nothing more
    Carl Estes and EchoesFX like this.
    05-20-13 08:52 AM
    Well considering they can't even fix that abortion Facebook app with missing pictures well over a year now. What does that say?

RIP
    05-20-13 09:27 AM
    Well considering they can't even fix that abortion Facebook app with missing pictures well over a year now. What does that say?

RIP
    did you ever think why would they waste resources on pb facebook when were going to be getting bb10 facebook app
    05-20-13 09:30 AM
    So, since joining Crackberry, I have always wanted to write this post. I hate to say it, but BlackBerry is done with the Playbook. There are many arguments to supports this, such as the extreme decline in prices, the lack to put out any decent apps, to fix bugs and software updates etc., and promoting.
    I've seen the decline in the 2 year old WiFi model prices. Haven't seen the faster LTE version drop in price anywhere though. Have you seen a link for a discounted one of those? All the ones I've seen still sell it at a regular price. BlackBerry - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Business Orders - Canada

As for the updates, be nice if they were more frequent, but they did put this out not too long ago.

BlackBerry PlayBook update adds BlackBerry World rebranding, puts SMS into Bridge
    05-20-13 09:58 AM
    but wasn't the PB released something like more than 2 years ago?!
    PlayBook WiFi was released in April 2011. PlayBook LTE was released in August 2012.
    05-20-13 09:59 AM
    Not if you just bought it. If you're still selling them, then you should be supporting them.
    05-20-13 01:14 PM
    Exactly my point. They just don't care about the people that dished out the $400 to buy the PB. BB is running a business that steals your money.
    05-20-13 01:19 PM
    I highly doubt anything BB 10 is coming over to the PB. They will probably release another tablet pretty soon, anyway.
    05-20-13 01:21 PM
    I highly doubt anything BB 10 is coming over to the PB. They will probably release another tablet pretty soon, anyway.
    after the treatment for the last tablet, wish them luck with that.
    erichobo likes this.
    05-20-13 04:37 PM
    Heinz style has been to lower the expectations. They just released Q5 for the emerging markets, so I wont be surprised if suddenly they introduce a new tablet plus the upgrade for the old PB. Tablet is crucial for government and corporate customers, BB's based, so BB can't just ignore this market no matter if they are making profit or not. Just be patient, BB wants to release something that can stand up toe-to-toe with the iPads.
    05-20-13 06:03 PM
    Their biggest priority right now is BB10. We know how unfinished BB10 is, so that's where their focus is right now, not on the PlayBook.

Now that the OS is built, hopefully they're looking at feature enhancements to make it feel more finished and polished. These would hopefully make it into the PlayBook so I don't think it's too unreasonable to think that a PlayBook update is coming with the next phone update.
    erichobo likes this.
    05-20-13 06:19 PM
    The loss of Bridge function with the Z10 is very unfortunate. Before, with my 9650 the combination was great and better then any other platform that I have used, but now it's not so. I am very disappointed that BB had a great combination and now it looks like they are backing away from the Tablet market. Very sad.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-13 06:21 PM
    Here's how I see the situation BBRY is in: the Playbook launch a couple of years ago was "a half baked idea," as one person put it. I don't think it was a bad tablet, but the iPad and Samsung quickly stepped in and maximized on the PB shortcomings. So RIM struggled and rumors abound about its viability. Then RIM became BBRY and concentrated on OS 10 and BB10 and Q10. This was to be their tool of survival, and so they concentrated on the smartphones and made minor upgrades (and generated fewer apps) for the PB.

To survive economically, BBRY has to concentrate on the BB10 and Q10 --and now Q5 . Can they place all their technical, marketing and financial resources on smartphones and tablets all at once? They don't have Samsung's huge advertising budget, so even though Thorsten Heins' strategy is not entirely transparent (after all, there is something called competitive business secrets) I believe his approach is a sound one. One has to remember that RIM had to dig itself out of such a deep hole that, like Sisyphus, it is now rolling the mythical stone uphill in its fight for survival.

PB 1 may still lag Apple and Android tablets in many features and we can only hope that software upgrades fine tuning the system plus more app development will restore its respectability among many users and the general uncommitted public. In the future, we can expect PB 2 to emerge with the same powerful hardware and OS features as the BB10 and Q10. So be patient and enjoy your PB and be thankful that you don't have a Palm computer.

Postscript: BBRY short-sellers will ultimately be the losers. Warren Buffet and Goldman Sachs both recommend a "buy" on BBRY.
    erichobo and luke.trevorrow like this.
    05-20-13 06:31 PM