EDIT: Desktop Software* if that makes a difference

Hi everyone,

I've spent a few hours trying to connect my Playbook with Blackberry Desktop Software through USB and it's simply not working.

I have tried disabling Wi-Fi, User Access Control, turning off Firewall, and nothing worked.

What's odd is that when I plug it in, the Playbook says it's connected to a computer but the Desktop Software still tells me to connect a device.

Then after awhile of reconnecting, the message doesn't show up anymore. However, if the Playbook's screen is blacked out, it will turn on when I connect even though the message doesn't show up.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks
    Last edited by Prevalent; 12-25-11 at 12:21 PM.
    12-25-11 11:55 AM
    I saw something about windows device manager, will see if I can find it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rry-dm-619258/
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-25-11 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add link
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-25-11 11:59 AM
    I saw something about windows device manager, will see if I can find it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rry-dm-619258/
    I tried it out, unfortunately did not work. Now the Playbook does not say it's connected to the computer. The cable definitely works (I just tested it with my phone).
    12-25-11 12:22 PM
    Humm, well myself then I would uninstall dm, run ccleaner and the registry cleaner in it also. Reboot and then redownload dm and go from there.
    12-25-11 12:27 PM
    Check to make sure you have file sharing turned on on the Playbook. Tap the Gear icon on the Home screen, go to Storage & Sharing, and turn on File Sharing. That should correct your problem.
    12-25-11 12:41 PM
    Check to make sure you have file sharing turned on on the Playbook. Tap the Gear icon on the Home screen, go to Storage & Sharing, and turn on File Sharing. That should correct your problem.
    Yup, File Sharing is enabled and Wifi is disabled and no password has been set.
    12-25-11 12:43 PM
    Have you tried rebooting both the Playbook and the computer? What operating system do you have on the computer?
    12-25-11 12:47 PM
    Also, make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager.
    12-25-11 01:03 PM
    I had the same problem. I simply reinstalled blackberry desktop and it solved the problem.
    12-25-11 04:51 PM
    try putting the playbook into development mode (under security) and try again
    12-25-11 04:57 PM
    Here is the problem I found that fixed my issue:

If the BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet is not able to connect with BlackBerry� Desktop Software, it could be caused by the BlackBerry PlayBook Driver not being loaded correctly or disabled.

To check:

On a Windows� XP Service Pack 3 based computer:

Navigate to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters.
    The BlackBerry PlayBook should be listed as a Research In Motion Network Device.
    If it says disabled then simply Right Click and choose Enable.
    tiberius maximus likes this.
    01-16-12 09:50 AM
    Here is the problem I found that fixed my issue:

If the BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet is not able to connect with BlackBerry� Desktop Software, it could be caused by the BlackBerry PlayBook Driver not being loaded correctly or disabled.

To check:

On a Windows� XP Service Pack 3 based computer:

Navigate to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters.
    The BlackBerry PlayBook should be listed as a Research In Motion Network Device.
    If it says disabled then simply Right Click and choose Enable.
    had the same problem as OP and this solved it for me. very frustrating experience though and almost made me give up on the device. strange how my pc will identify any other usb device but my playbook needs to be enabled....
    01-16-12 09:59 AM
    Interesting - I just looked on my Vista system and while I should not complain because DM works (knock on wood), Rim network device is not showing.
    01-16-12 10:23 AM
    Had the same problem, pc would not see playbook. Now it works, go to software upgrade in playbook and upgrade software to 2.1 . Now I can add or transfer files
    10-08-12 04:23 PM
    Had the same problem, pc would not see playbook. Now it works, go to software upgrade in playbook and upgrade software to 2.1 . Now I can add or transfer files
    Come on guy. You're dragging up all of these old threads- this ones 10 months old- and you think the OP hasn't solved his problem by now. And your answer is not the real answer since the playbook could connect to PC in OS 2.0 and OS 1 for that matter.
    10-08-12 04:54 PM
    "PlayBook should be listed as a Research In Motion Network Device" PlayBook is not listed. Nothing about RIM is listed.
    05-10-14 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD