....from their web site at the $199, $299, and $399 price ranges. If you missed out at your fave retailers, now is the time to jump on it. Like a "duh" me that I am, I ordered a 32 GB model for my daughter.
    11-23-11 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Kevin should post this front and center. No running all over town to find one, plus nice fresh stock with the better power buttons hopefully. Been reading where people are buying open box specials for a few bucks less. Too risky in my opinion.
    11-23-11 05:37 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Kevin should post this front and center. No running all over town to find one, plus nice fresh stock with the better power buttons hopefully. Been reading where people are buying open box specials for a few bucks less. Too risky in my opinion.
    Totally agree.
    11-23-11 05:43 PM
    Free shipping too!
    11-23-11 06:16 PM
    yeah why is it us poor aussies miss out..there still 348 for a 16gb here.
    11-23-11 06:51 PM
    Anybody have any luck buying one from shop.Blackberry? I was able to put it into the cart, but the checkout does not seem to be working.

I get :

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    11-23-11 06:55 PM
    I bought mine (32G) version online from Walmart a couple of days ago, since they (and all other retailers) had sold out of both the 16G and 32G versions. I'm glad RIM is selling it on blackberry.com now ... the site says the sale ends Dec. 1, limit of 3 per customer.
    I'm anxiously waiting the arrival ...
    11-23-11 07:01 PM
    Maybe the demand is too high to handle all the traffic ...
    Kind of like trying to buy Winnipeg Jets tickets back in September!
    11-23-11 07:04 PM
    Anybody have any luck buying one from shop.Blackberry? I was able to put it into the cart, but the checkout does not seem to be working.

I get :

The connection was reset

I had no problems ordering the 32 gig model; I got a confirmation notice of my order, and just waiting for info on when it has shipped. It could be the site is overwhelmed, since I believe most folks would rather buy it from BB then anywhere else.
    11-23-11 07:20 PM
    I tried it with a different browser and I was able to put the order through.

Just as a fyi for Canadian buyers, it looks like the store is based near Boston and they ship from the USA. I thought it was odd when the choice for shipping was International shipping at about $60 or free ground. I chose free, lets hope I don't get hit with brokerage fee. Also with the US base, I wonder when they will ship with the holiday tomorrow.
    11-23-11 08:12 PM
    09OLTY12

enter code for a little treat
    AggreX, bimmerny, aft1981 and 4 others like this.
    11-23-11 08:28 PM
    Thanks howarmat!! Been chasing the PlayBook since April and I finally got one for a great price. Blackberry.com doesn't charge a sales tax so everybody jump on these deals!!!
    11-23-11 08:44 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Good site for Playbook purchases at a very great price ... thinking of buying another one,, this time 64 gb...... loving the one i have.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 08:56 PM
    NA site doesn't want to work for me
    11-23-11 09:03 PM
    NA site doesn't want to work for me
    I just tried to get on the site; apparently it's overwhelmed by the demand. I found out they're having a pick 2 accessories for $50.00 sale (I want the charge dock and leather convertible case), and I too can't get anywhere.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    11-23-11 09:06 PM
    I just tried to get on the site; apparently it's overwhelmed by the demand. I found out they're having a pick 2 accessories for $50.00 sale (I want the charge dock and leather convertible case), and I too can't get anywhere.
    How long is the accessory sale going on?
    11-23-11 09:08 PM
    How long is the accessory sale going on?
    Hopefully long enough for me to get on line and make a purchase.
    11-23-11 09:14 PM
    I wouldn't recommend getting the dock with a leather case. The case makes the combination too thick to fit onto the charging dock, trust me I made the mistake.. I ended up returning the dock and getting the rapid "travel" charger. Its in quotations because its actually quite a bit larger than the standard charger. It charges quickly and uses a magnetic clasp to attach onto the pb, so I would recommend that for home and keeping the standard one for travel.
    11-23-11 09:15 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    interesting ....anyone getting in now and purchasing? i could not ....

11-23-11 09:19 PM
    interesting ....anyone getting in now and purchasing? i could not ....

Try using a different browser. In my case I was using Firefox Aurora and when I went to Safari I was able to order and check out.

BTW, the code posted a few messages up, 09OLTY12 , up was for $10 off. I had already completed the process before seeing the code. I tried purchasing one this morning and the system worked and the code gave $10 off. I didn't complete the purchase and removed the PlayBook from my cart, so I don't know if there will be a hangup later in the payment process. I was on the Canadian store.
    11-24-11 07:12 AM
    Placed an order on the 32gb PB using the code. On the Canadian site , taxes were applied and with free shipping the total came to about $13 less than the same order on Futureshop. I went ahead and cancelled my Futureshop order (they only charge you once it starts shipping).

One thing too, it'll only accept one promotion code (the most recent applied) so if you add a code for the accessories (buy one get the 2nd for 50% off ), it'll cancel the $10 off code on the PB. If you want to use both codes I suppose placing 2 separate orders might work tho I can't say for sure - never tried.
    Last edited by morph_ca; 11-24-11 at 08:15 AM.
    11-24-11 08:01 AM

I get :

The connection was reset

just order one 16GB as a Christmas present for my parents from ca.blackberry.com
    11-24-11 08:28 AM
    I got an email from RIM about this whole $300 off sale on the 20th... I thought that's what sparked everyones posts about the PB going on sale. I just thought it was strange/big bonus that Best Buy had the 64GB for $229.99. I also noticed this morning that the list of "Where to buy" is shorter then when I got the email back on the 20th. I am just going to get the 64GB from RIM.
    11-24-11 08:36 AM
    Free shipping and no tax. Ordered mine this morning!
    11-24-11 09:15 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Free shipping and no tax. Ordered mine this morning!
    Too good to pass up, for sure!!! Playbook!

11-24-11 09:41 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD