I'm trying to convince my in-laws to upgrade from their 'dumbphones' to some Blackberries, they wouldn't mind paying for the data plan, but they don't think it is worth paying $100-$200 for a phone. I am skeptical of trying craigslist for this because I don't want them to end up with a lost/stolen phone that they can't activate.

This brings me to this question, does anyone know where I can get some BB's on the 'cheap'? They will most likely go with verizon because they like to go camping a lot and it seems that where they go camping, verizon is the only one that has coverage.

Thanks for helping me out, my fellow addicts!
    06-20-11 08:21 AM
    You can buy off craiglist no problem, just have the seller meet you at a Verizon store so that you can check it's in good working order and the reps can make sure your inlaws will be able make sure they aren't blocked by the carrier
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-20-11 08:24 AM
    ...hm. That sounds like a good idea. Thank you, SmakBerry.
    06-20-11 08:30 AM
    You shouldn't be posting this in the PlayBook forums....

...but there are a ton of providers that are selling the 97XX series BBs between 0-50$. Just shop around!
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-20-11 08:32 AM
    I haven't found any as of yet, but will keep looking. Sorry about posting in the tablet forum, didn't realize that it took me straight here.

Will be more mindful next time.
    Last edited by PostMortem; 06-20-11 at 09:15 AM.
    06-20-11 09:04 AM
    While we are still in the pb forum.....

Can't they still find a good deals from carriers if they sign a contract? Or sometimes there's a buy-one, get one-free??
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-20-11 10:08 AM
    Yeah, $100-$200 were the prices with a contract. There are no buy one get one going on in my area right now. Wish there were.
    06-20-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD