It's happened twice to me now. I've stuck my PlayBook on my charging pod and I've come back to find the battery discharging rather than charging!

The 1st time I thought I didn�t dock it correctly but this time it continued to discharge even after reseating the PlayBook, restarting it, moving to different outlets.

All the while, the PlayBook indicated that it was charging but the percentage kept dropping.

Now it's charging again and the percentage is increasing but I can't tell you why it started working again.

Anybody else have this happening?
    03-05-12 07:34 PM
    you have to watch it and make sure it stays on charging.

sometimes it does that and it doesn't charge even though it's on the dock.
    03-05-12 07:42 PM
    The lightning bolt symbol on the battery is not a reliable indicator of charge.

The Battery Guru app, however, will change from "power" to "charge" when the PB is properly seated in the pod.
    03-05-12 07:53 PM
    I have been getting this issue too. I dont think it is the charger because I went out abd bought a new charger and my PB is doing it with this one too. I'm not sure what to do about this.
    03-05-12 08:18 PM
    Thanks for the tips. Love the PlayBook regardless!
    03-05-12 08:24 PM
    Weird I've started experiencing the same issue as described with my docking. I don't use it anymore because of that. I was going to start a thread but since I'm not the only one I'lll reply with this one.

Any of you were able to use the dock and charge the playbook? For me it's back to the original charger... Docking is no go.
    03-05-12 08:43 PM
    I had this issue with 1.0 but haven't had it happen to me yet since 2.0. I thought it might have been a software thing, but after reading posts above I don't know now.
    03-05-12 08:45 PM
    I have even had it happen with the NON-dock rapid charger. It not fully seated, the Lightning Bolt will show but it will not necessarily charge and can lose power. When I attach the plug, I watch it for a minute or so and make sure that the voltage goes UP. Then I know the contact is good.

Generally, if you look at the dock/charger, there will be a lower pin which does not make full contact unless carefully placed. It is a definite defect. Some others think they have found that since the contact is not always good, there may be arcing so a pin or pb contact might start to corrode a bit making contact even more of an issue.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry charging pod discharging PlayBook-rapidpcharger3.jpg  
    03-05-12 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD