I really think everyone is stressed (me included) because the deadline for Canadians is in 24 hours to get one at that sale price. Add to that that it's out of stock in shops and shopblackberry orders being canceled then surely people are going to panic.

All it needs is for RIM or Global**** to step up and release a simple statement that mentions something along the lines of "We apologize for the inconvenience. All orders that have been placed prior to the date xxx and canceled automatically by our system will be honored at the sale price of $199." This will definitely ease the nerves or many, and people would relax a bit.

Personally, I don't care if I have to wait 1 week, two or even 3 weeks for it to show up as long as they honor their word and honor the sale at the discount price and not on the regular price.
    11-30-11 09:24 AM
    Ok after 20 minutes on hold, got hung up on again!!!
    11-30-11 09:25 AM
    Stay positive. Hopefully soon you will have a PB in your hands and be enjoying it like the rest of us.

I ordered mine online at bestbuy but they were backordered for 2 weeks. Two days later I called around and they had a few at a local store so I had one set aside and picked it up an hour later. You never know how things will turn out.
    I checked Best Buy online and none of the local stores in a 20 mile radius have any PBs in stock; 16g, 32, 64, new and/or refurbed. Radioshack, Walmart, Staples, OfficeMax, and OfficeDepot are showing OOS of 16g and most others or they over $200.00.
    Amazon isn't showing anything under $260.00.

I guess the upside is that the market really likes the product, they just weren't will to pay RIM's original asking price. If all of the people who've bought PBs remain happy that'll be at least a huge morale boost for RIM.
    Last edited by FirePsych; 11-30-11 at 09:37 AM.
    11-30-11 09:25 AM
    Right, back to the important things of the day, like getting my little grand daughter dressed and ready for her school orientation afternoon.

Some things are more important than the PB and the incompetence of RIM.
    Jake-44 likes this.
    11-30-11 09:26 AM
    If people received the email after this post please state it. I did not get the email and I am still hoping I receive my playbook around monday.
    11-30-11 09:28 AM
    Has anyone gotten through to anyone? Ive been calling since 8 and all ive gotten is no dial tone or busy signal.
    11-30-11 09:29 AM
    Well after being hung up on 3 times after waiting for over 20 minutes. Screw it I don't need a PB that bad to have to put up with this BS. When my phone contract is up I'm more then likely going to switch devices also. RIM can thank globalware solutions for loosing yet another customer.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    11-30-11 09:31 AM
    Got the same cancellation notice. Also have been calling all morning and cannot get through. This is brutal. I bought a couple of these as gifts and have since bought accessories for them elsewhere.

How about a statement from RIM on this
    11-30-11 09:33 AM
    Unbelievable. Finally got through. They have no idea why my order was cancelled. No idea why my wife's order was cancelled. They are going to investigate and I should receive an email with 24 hours. Convenient that the sale will be over by the time I get the email.

I must say I am very disappointed with their customer service right now.
    11-30-11 09:34 AM
    Just got confirmation that RIM charged the VISA on 11/24, so I'm not buying the credit card security argument. This was human error.
    Been trying for 2 1/2 hours to get through and have gotten the same dead line or busy signal as everyone else.
    At this point, I couldn't cancel it if I wanted to, so I'll have to begrudgingly wait it out.

Yes, there are more important things in life. Much more important. It's easy to get distracted by crap like this.
    11-30-11 09:36 AM
    hmm, I wonder if this should go to the press... perhaps they'll come up with an answer?
    Better yet, why not swarm RIM's US Headquarters with phone calls as well...
    11-30-11 09:37 AM
    Just got confirmation that RIM charged the VISA on 11/24, so I'm not buying the credit card security argument. This was human error.
    Been trying for 2 1/2 hours to get through and have gotten the same dead line or busy signal as everyone else.
    At this point, I couldn't cancel it if I wanted to, so I'll have to begrudgingly wait it out.

Yes, there are more important things in life. Much more important. It's easy to get distracted by crap like this.
    I agree there are far more important things in life to worry about...but..

This PB was a bit of a treat for me after a tough few months, and i could only afford the 16 gig and i dont have the cash to outlay on going somewhere local to buy one until i know what is going on...and there is no way to contact these people to put your mind at rest about what status your order is in.

It just dismays me a little.
    11-30-11 09:43 AM
    I really don't care if it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get my PB, I just want to remain in the queue. BTW this situation doesn't make me unhappy with RIM. I love my BB and will not change. THere is no iphone or droid in my future.

For those who are being critical of people who are posting on this problem there is a very easy solution. Don't read this thread.
    rawcpoppa likes this.
    11-30-11 09:45 AM
    I really don't care if it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get my PB, I just want to remain in the queue. BTW this situation doesn't make me unhappy with RIM. I love my BB and will not change. THere is no iphone or droid in my future.

For those who are being critical of people who are posting on this problem there is a very easy solution. Don't read this thread.
    Good idea **** this i'm not going to look at anything about the playbook until it gets cancelled or I receive it,

Good day
    11-30-11 09:48 AM
    hmm, I wonder if this should go to the press... perhaps they'll come up with an answer?
    Better yet, why not swarm RIM's US Headquarters with phone calls as well...
    You mean Canada Headquarters?
    11-30-11 10:24 AM
    Uh oh, me thinks an "Occupy Rim" is in the works.
    firepsych likes this.
    11-30-11 10:25 AM
    come on people, there is no error. its pretty obvious RIM has screwed up. I think they had absolutely no clue how many devices they had in stock, and how many were being sent to retailers. so they oversold the 16GB by a mile, and what better way to spin it than blaming the credit card company.
    the transaction is flagged as a high risk but accessories on the same order are being shipped ? really RIM ?
    and it's usually the credit card company that flags transactions as high risk, not the retailer. so none of this makes sense.
    they screwed up once again but no one at RIM has the balls to come out and take responsability for it.
    and don't blame this on the Playbook's popularity. it just reached a price point that makes sense for all the shortcomings. but even if we're buying at a discount, we are still customers and deserve an acceptable level of service.
    cogsinister likes this.
    11-30-11 10:31 AM
    According to RIM's Contact Us page, they have a corporate office in Texas. I'd say it's worth a shot calling inside the US first.

I'd just like to hear something from RIM regarding this.
    11-30-11 10:42 AM
    the shopblackberry.com site is currently down. something is going on. maybe some bozo ran a bad script on the database and cancelled everyones PB orders instead of just specific ones?

My coworkers 16 was cancelled this morning, mine was cancelled about 20 minutes ago, we both ordered ours at the same time on thursday the 24th when shopblackberry.com matched the sale price since we couldn't buy devices elsewhere. Coworker ordered a 32gb an hour ago and received a cancellation almost immediately. something is definitely wrong and I doubt they are doing this on purpose.
    11-30-11 10:43 AM
    the shopblackberry.com site is currently down. something is going on. maybe some bozo ran a bad script on the database and cancelled everyones PB orders instead of just specific ones?

My coworkers 16 was cancelled this morning, mine was cancelled about 20 minutes ago, we both ordered ours at the same time on thursday the 24th when shopblackberry.com matched the sale price since we couldn't buy devices elsewhere. Coworker ordered a 32gb an hour ago and received a cancellation almost immediately. something is definitely wrong and I doubt they are doing this on purpose.
    This sounds pretty worrying.

Shopblackberry.com is working fine for me tho....
    Last edited by cogsinister; 11-30-11 at 10:47 AM.
    11-30-11 10:45 AM
    Yep mine was cancelled also. I really wanted to buy one but this is not worth the
    hassle. I hate to say it but i am really really bummed out. I will stick with my ipad 2. Its amazing that you cant even call them. Now i understand why they are having all these problems. I cant even get the tablet. How can i possibly expect them to keep their word on updates and such. I am not complaining just really really disappointed.
    11-30-11 10:52 AM
    This sounds pretty worrying.

Shopblackberry.com is working fine for me tho....

sorry, I should specify. the front site is working, but (at least in canada) you cannot login to an account to check or submit an order.
    11-30-11 10:53 AM
    I ordered a playbook from Walmart.com. I received an email last night from Walmart stating that it is ready for pickup. I also ordered one from shop blackberry.com. I have sent numerous emails trying to cancel my order. No response. Can't call, no one answers. So in essence I would be very delighted to get a cancellation email at this point.
    11-30-11 10:54 AM
    im on hold with them right now.
    11-30-11 10:55 AM
    I ordered a playbook from Walmart.com. I received an email last night from Walmart stating that it is ready for pickup. I also ordered one from shop blackberry.com. I have sent numerous emails trying to cancel my order. No response. Can't call, no one answers. So in essence I would be very delighted to get a cancellation email at this point.
    Yeah, same here, i wish i would get the cancellation email, i cant contact them to cancel it myself... amazing.
    11-30-11 10:59 AM
827 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD