Try Canada Post, Fedex, and Purolator. It may also be a reference number you have rather than a tracking number. Some of the tracking sites have a separate spot for reference numbers.
    Thanks, i will try that.......
    12-06-11 03:28 PM
    As linked to above, UPS Mail Innovations is a UPS service where UPS delivers packages in bulk to the USPS. From there, USPS does the "last mile" and delivers to your house. Basically UPS is outsourcing the actual delivery to the USPS to save on drivers, but UPS does the heavy lifting and gets it to the post office. FedEx has a similar service.
    A little odd to see that service in use here. I know that UPS/FedEx have used USPS for last mile in areas they don't easily service, but I'm in a regular service area.

Not to get too off topic, but wonder how that program will suffer under the proposed PO closures next year?
    12-06-11 03:32 PM
    Canada post and Purolator a no go with my tracking number.
    12-06-11 03:43 PM
    A little odd to see that service in use here. I know that UPS/FedEx have used USPS for last mile in areas they don't easily service, but I'm in a regular service area.

Not to get too off topic, but wonder how that program will suffer under the proposed PO closures next year?
    I believe the service is available everywhere - it just depends on whether the shipper chooses to use that service or regular UPS Ground. The UPS/USPS service is cheaper and is used by many companies for their free shipping option, despite being much slower. Tracking visibility is also a problem, especially with the USPS, since they only update in the evenings as opposed to somewhat real-time like other shippers.

Also - if you are tracking a UPS Mail Innovations package, you have to track from this page, not the regular UPS home page: Package ID Search
    12-06-11 03:49 PM
    I ordered from shopblackberry on the 29th and my order status changed to "shipped" just now.

On a side note (on a normal day), why would anyone order straight from their website considering their return policy?

"BlackBerry� Playbook
    Your Playbook can only be returned if it is unopened. If it is unopened, return it with the original receipt and original packaging within 30 (thirty) calendar days of the date of shipment. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, you will receive a refund based on the original payment. You are responsible for shipping and handling charges on all returned items."

If the manufacturer themselves doesn't give consumers confidence in their own products, why should I order from them and get stuck with a defective unit that needs to go in for repair right away. When I pay money for a new product I expect a new non-defective unit, plain and simple. Anything else is not an option.

Until RIM undergoes a major re-haul in the way their shopblackberry operates, I certainly won't be ordering from them anytime soon.
    that is not an uncommon return policy for electronics, places that do accept open box returns usually dont give you a full refund because they cannot charge as much for it when reselling.
    12-06-11 03:58 PM
    Jeez ... I feel kinda bad.

I ordered mine on the 27th(16gb) and it was shipped on the 30th with free shipping. I received it on DEC. 2nd. It all went way faster then I anticipated.
    I also ordered one from Bestbuy when they were backordered. . Low and behold it was only about a week extra wait and now I have it also!
    Glad you got yours (not being sarcastic). I ordered 2 16GB on the 24th. Just checked the website today and now it says "Shipped".
    12-06-11 04:03 PM
    Ok, I ordered 2 Playbooks on the 24th along with other items. Order was cancelled like so many others on the 29th.

As suggested by Mark Chequer, CEO of Globalware, I have emailed shopblackberry about 6 times and have yet to get a response - not even an automated one. I've tried calling many times. My order still does not show up in orders.

What is going on? Will I get my Playbooks. Will Globalware EVER respond to my emails
    12-06-11 04:18 PM
    that is not an uncommon return policy for electronics, places that do accept open box returns usually dont give you a full refund because they cannot charge as much for it when reselling.
    In Canada I've never ever had an issue exchanging an LCD TV, laptops, etc after opening them for a full refund.

Soon, I will be going to exchange my defective device at a local store now. If they don't have any stock, I will demand a full refund as per their exchange/return policy.

I would expect shopblackberry to have the same policy at the very least.
    12-06-11 04:19 PM
    OK so Globalware have now charged the credit card used to pay for the PB.

So i assume it has been physically shipped.

I called support to find out why i have had no email confirming shipping and giving me a tracking number, it seems support have no way of knowing....

When your order shipped ( like what day it went out the door )
    The carrier used.
    The tracking number.

They have no way of generating the shipping email or sending it if it was there.

I am more baffled after phoning them than i was before, now that can't be right can it ?
    12-06-11 04:33 PM
    OK so Globalware have now charged the credit card used to pay for the PB.
    They took the money out of my account today also but I haven't gotten no tracking info either. From what I understand after a reading a few posts, you'll get your PB first and then the email. LOL I'm just glad it's shipped. I hope I see it by Friday.
    12-06-11 04:54 PM
    Same deal as everyone else. My order got cancelled.

I followed up by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. I sent this e-mail in the morning on November 30th. I have yet to get a response. I also received a ticket # which means my e-mail was received.

I decided to phone the support line. I waited on hold for ~50 minutes. The CSR told me that my credit card was rejected but could not provide a reason. I should note that, I also phoned VISA after and they verified my credit card did not have any issues on it. The CSR gave me two options to complete the order:

1) Send a cheque to the below address:

200 Ward Hill Ave
    Haverhill, MA 01835

On the back of your cheque include your order # and your shipment address.

2) Wire Transfer

I am planning on sending a cheque and will mail it tomorrow morning. I asked if I could use a DIFFERENT credit card just in case that would help their system. I was told that this would not work and would have to use one of the above methods to complete the order.

I'm extremely disappointed in how this is being handled. I have never been so frustrated ordering a product online. Terrible customer service.
    12-06-11 06:27 PM
    cheque lol
    12-06-11 06:53 PM
    I ordered a 64GB on Nov 25th and was sent an email stating that I wouldn't get the thing for at least 6 days due to overwhelming response... It arrived the next day. But, my credit card was charged twice... I sent an email asking that the second charge be refunded this morning, and haven't heard anything from them. I also spent a good 50 minutes on hold waiting for someone to answer until I had to go to work. I'll try phoning again tomorrow. My SBB account only shows one PB ordered and sent.

Dave

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with my bank and they cancelled the second transaction. I'm happy with the end result but not impressed with GlobalWare Solutions Inc. who are in fact ShopBlackBerry.
    Last edited by d_miner; 12-06-11 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added update
    12-06-11 09:17 PM
    Checked my bank account and the money was widthdrawn. According to UPS tracking I should have my Playook(s) this Thursday. I placed my order on Monday the 28th and it shipped on Friday the 2nd.

Others are receiving tracking info as well so it seems that SBB is catching up on orders placed.
    12-06-11 11:06 PM
    Come On RIM - step in and fix this, your reputation is being further tarnished by Globalware

Ok, I ordered 2 Playbooks on the 24th along with other items. Order was cancelled like so many others on the 29th.

As suggested by Mark Chequer, CEO of Globalware, I have emailed shopblackberry about 6 times and have yet to get a response - not even an automated one. I've tried calling many times. My order still does not show up in orders.

What is going on? Will I get my Playbooks. Will Globalware EVER respond to my emails
    12-07-11 10:01 AM
    I placed my order on the 24th and I finally received an email that mine was shipped yesterday. What a nightmare it has been dealing with them. If you call the number listed on the shop BlackBerry website their phone support is a joke. They included this number in one of the emails I received yesterday and it's a lot easier getting ahold of someone with it. Ph. #1-888-805-6789.
    12-07-11 10:17 AM
    I placed my order on the 24th and I finally received an email that mine was shipped yesterday. What a nightmare it has been dealing with them. If you call the number listed on the shop BlackBerry website their phone support is a joke. They included this number in one of the emails I received yesterday and it's a lot easier getting ahold of someone with it. Ph. #1-888-805-6789.
    I am guessing that my PB was shipped on Monday, they have taken the money from the credit card account.

But you were sure lucky to get a shipping confirmation email, i can't get them to send me one whatever i do !!!!
    12-07-11 10:30 AM
    Today is the 3rd time I've spoken with the CSR at the 888 number. Now I've been told, that one NEXT Tuesday, I should receive an e-mail with confirmation that my order has been processed...UNREAL...could you imagine going to McDonald's drive-thru, and being told that you'll have to wait a week jes to find out whether or not you're going to be allowed to wait another week to get your Big Mac shipped to you.

Sure...the CSR's are all sympathetic...but...it's bullsh*t really...

I agree...RIM...you're reputation is being dragged through the garbage dump right now...and your faithful supporters are being treated like crap...please find a way to fix this now!!!
    12-07-11 10:31 AM
    I am guessing that my PB was shipped on Monday, they have taken the money from the credit card account.

But you were sure lucky to get a shipping confirmation email, i can't get them to send me one whatever i do !!!!
    I'm sure the only reason I received a confirmation email is because I emailed order support numerous times about the status of my order.
    12-07-11 10:34 AM
    I'm sure the only reason I received a confirmation email is because I emailed order support numerous times about the status of my order.
    So have i, but the last couple of emails have had no reply at all in 2 days.
    12-07-11 10:36 AM
    I have had my 32gb playbook order listed as shipped since Nov. 30 but my credit card was just charged yesterday. So now I am playing the waiting game to see what shows up first, my playbook or the shipping email.

The excuse that a different shipping/billing caused the cancellation makes me laugh. I did have my 16gb order cancelled which did have a different shipping/billing address. However my 32 gb order that had a different shipping/billing address seems to have proceeded just fine. I mean just fine by shopblackberry standards.
    12-07-11 10:57 AM
    I have had my 32gb playbook order listed as shipped since Nov. 30 but my credit card was just charged yesterday. So now I am playing the waiting game to see what shows up first, my playbook or the shipping email.

The excuse that a different shipping/billing caused the cancellation makes me laugh. I did have my 16gb order cancelled which did have a different shipping/billing address. However my 32 gb order that had a different shipping/billing address seems to have proceeded just fine. I mean just fine by shopblackberry standards.
    My order had differing shipping/billing addresses on it and it went through first time.
    12-07-11 10:59 AM
    Today I checked my order status in SBB and realized that SBB cancelled it without even sending a single e-mail.

I know that different companies offer different customer care levels, but this level is kind of underground.

The good thing is that I've ordered one in the BestBuy too and they just changed status from backordered to being processed.

So... never again SBB.
    12-07-11 02:01 PM
    I need some tracking number help.

I called and talked to a nice lady who gave me a tracking number that looks like this (x's inplace of numbers):

5718XXX_212XXX43

I've never seen a tracking number with an underscore in it. I also haven't received the tracking email.

Anyone who has received their tracking email, does your number look like mine??

Oh and for my other 2 orders in their system, they couldn't say whether I'd see them before Christmas. Ordered 25, 30 and Dec 2 and not sure intime for Xmas. WOW!!!!
    12-07-11 02:55 PM
    I need some tracking number help.

I called and talked to a nice lady who gave me a tracking number that looks like this (x's inplace of numbers):

5718XXX_212XXX43

I've never seen a tracking number with an underscore in it. I also haven't received the tracking email.

Anyone who has received their tracking email, does your number look like mine??

Oh and for my other 2 orders in their system, they couldn't say whether I'd see them before Christmas. Ordered 25, 30 and Dec 2 and not sure intime for Xmas. WOW!!!!

My tracking number looks just the same as yours, with an underscore in the middle, i can't get it to work on ANY of the main carriers sites ( UPS,USPS,Purolator FedEx )

So goodness knows when or if my PB will arrive, i have no idea when to be in to take delivery, this sucks big time.

This is the only site that don't reject the tracking number as being invalid, but still no tracking info from mine.

http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/
    Last edited by cogsinister; 12-07-11 at 03:18 PM.
    12-07-11 02:59 PM
827 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD