01-07-14 01:34 PM
827 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Global isn't the only company selling playbooks. For example, I could go to Amazon right now and you have to wade through all the offers at less than advertised retail prices. In stock, expedited shipping available.

The cancelations I've read, which is by no means all of them, were people shipping to addresses that were variations or alternates to their billing address. There are quite a few companies out there with STATED policy that they only ship to billing addresses.

If I were that anxious, for my own health's sake I'd be ordering from Amazon or Walmart or Best Buy or any number of other dealers out there. There are people in this forum reporting receiving their Global orders over the last couple of days, so the claim that no one has rec'd any isn't entirely accurate. Hardly worth wading through 600 page pity party to prove the point. Only you can determine if you're going to fish or cut bait on this one.

Nope. But I'm not running the PR gig for RIM

I hope it works out for you. Not here to apologize for Global's shortcomings. Just hate seeing people beat their heads against the wall when there are so many alternatives.
    Do you have a link to where you can get one on Amazon for $199 or less? Would be great if you could. I checked on there and the cheapest is $393.00.

I am in Canada.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tman1988; 12-01-11 at 02:41 AM.
    12-01-11 02:27 AM
    I ordered two on Friday and both were cancelled last night. Wish I knew what the **** is going on!
    Maybe its a scam to get credit cards on file.

Another failed transaction. Don't look back. Wait for them to go for $150 and look to buy.
    bustanut666 likes this.
    12-01-11 02:46 AM
    The irony is that I thought that by ordering directly from RIM (I ordered in advance of Black Friday, as soon as RIM announced it was accepting orders at the $199 price), I wouldn't have to worry about Office Depot, Best Buy or another retailer of the Playbook canceling my order because they ran out of stock. I was willing to wait.

Some have mentioned HP and the Touchpad. Not the same. HP, at least, straightforwardly stated it was getting out of the tablet business--and also filled the orders for the Touchpad it accepted through its web site. RIM's lies and excuses add insult to injury. Why didn't it just admit that it screwed up? Does RIM really expect anyone to take it seriously now, when it makes promises about its continued development of the Playbook?
    12-01-11 03:03 AM
    Quit being an arse and reporting everything you disagree with..

As a PlayBook owner, A Xoom owner, A iPad 2 owner and a TouchPad owner, not much of what he said there I disagree with.

Android is laggy, hopefully ICS fixes this. (Though personally I attribute some of it to the infamous "Qualcomm lag")

App World on the PlayBook is laggy, and often stutters switching between screens. (Though it is improved in 2.0)

As for the HP TouchPad well.. it's done, and it lags.. (It's the best Android tablet NOT on the market.)

As for the iPad 2, it does have the smoothest UI out of all of them, IMO. (There is more to a tablet then UI though)

I've said this before I will say it again -- some of you people who like to call others trolls are often times worse than the trolls you're calling out, do it enough and you shall be treated the same. Keep that in mind next time you decide to hit the report post button and call someone a troll for having an opinion that differs from yours.
    Do you know what the definition of a troll even is? Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant. How he worded his post was abrasive and inflammatory. If abrasive and inflammatory posts are fair game, tell me now, and I'll do the same. I can be abrasive and inflammatory too, if that's how it works here, maybe I'll fit in better behaving like that. If you don't want me to report this kind of behavior then I will refrain from reporting that behavior.
    Last edited by Megacharge; 12-01-11 at 03:37 AM.
    12-01-11 03:16 AM
    I had 8 on order but they all got cancelled so I went out an bought one on kijiji. Sorry to say this, but I played around with it and I am pretty disappointed. Glad the orders got cancelled.

Biggest issue: it's laggy and unresponsive. Compared to an iPad it's very laggy. Compared to android tabs & phones it's about equally laggy, but that is still unacceptable.

Side note: crazy that it took android 4 years to get the lag out, now finally with ICS it's been fixed.

Screen: Thought I'd be all over the 7" screen for portability and ergonomics etc. But... It's actually too small for browsing. Jobs was right, you need 10" for a tablet. Otherwise screen is gorgeous.

Gestures are cool, but they went too far. Should've stayed with dedicated back/menu/home/search buttons AND added only the swipe up gesture for making multi tasking easy. Having to figure out how to go back in certain apps is pointless when Android and BB have dedicated back buttons. Can't beat the Back button, it's ingrained in our heads in everything at this point. Plus as bb users, it's part of the system. Why exclude it on PB?

QNX has some strong points, multi tasking being the biggest, but otherwise I can't say I'm a fan at this point.

Appworld is insanely laggy and destroys the user experience completely.

IMO you're better off buying an iPad or wait for an ICS tablet and take the hit on the difference. PB is barely adequate for casual browsing. Screen size kills it, lag is just a bit too much, and ui takes too much work to accomplish the basics. PB has big potential, but that's not gonna happen for a long time...
    I really like the back button too. Makes life a lot easier.
    12-01-11 03:40 AM

LOL

Just had to post this.
    12-01-11 03:59 AM
    Ummmm no, they wait isn't the problem.

Cancelled orders for bogus reasons is the problem. I have two on order for more than a week now. What happens when those orders get cancelled? Are you going to sell me two Playbooks for my kids before X-mas @ $199?

There is a 600 page thread over at RedFlagDeals.com, not a single solitary person has received a Playbook from Globalware since they started offering Playbooks for sale 10 days ago, yet many are reporting having their orders cancelled. Now tell me, if you had a pending order and couldn't contact the company because they don't answer the phone or respond to emails, what would you be thinking?

Do you think annoying customers (a great deal of them new) is good for RIM's image?
    600 pages is nothing compared to the HP Touchpad thread on slickdeals.net during the firesale!

As someone wisely said in the Touchpad thread, the problem is a "First World one". Your kids will live even if they don't get Playbooks...
    12-01-11 04:47 AM
    The irony is that I thought that by ordering directly from RIM (I ordered in advance of Black Friday, as soon as RIM announced it was accepting orders at the $199 price), I wouldn't have to worry about Office Depot, Best Buy or another retailer of the Playbook canceling my order because they ran out of stock. I was willing to wait.

Some have mentioned HP and the Touchpad. Not the same. HP, at least, straightforwardly stated it was getting out of the tablet business--and also filled the orders for the Touchpad it accepted through its web site. RIM's lies and excuses add insult to injury. Why didn't it just admit that it screwed up? Does RIM really expect anyone to take it seriously now, when it makes promises about its continued development of the Playbook?
    Actually, HP had problems fulfilling orders too. They ran out of stock, had crashed server issues, poor communication, etc. You can relive the anger and anxiety on slickdeals.net. Look for the original Touchpad thread...

This doesn't excuse the vendor, just pointing out that companies don't always have a system in place to handle the large onslaught of buyers in such a short time span. HP had servers crash and they build servers! How does that affect their reputation?!
    12-01-11 04:55 AM
    600 pages is nothing compared to the HP Touchpad thread on slickdeals.net during the firesale!

As someone wisely said in the Touchpad thread, the problem is a "First World one". Your kids will live even if they don't get Playbooks...
    LOL, I guess they shouldn't get anything but enough food to feed themselves and a roof over their head, since they will live without anything else.

I am sure that's how you must live your life too.

But seriously, that person is just disappointed that their kids may not get the Christmas gift that they expected to get for them. I am sure the majority of the population in the "First World" cares about what gifts their children get for Christmas.
    12-01-11 05:08 AM
    Globalware has installed an email Bot !

" ** Please do not reply to this email **

Thank you for contacting ShopBlackberry!

Due to unusually high demand, we are experiencing a delay in our email responses. Please be assured that we are working on your issue and will get back to you soon. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you.

Best Regards,

The ShopBlackberry.com Team "

First reply to an email in 3 days.
    12-01-11 07:46 AM
    Global isn't the only company selling playbooks. For example, I could go to Amazon right now and you have to wade through all the offers at less than advertised retail prices. In stock, expedited shipping available.

The cancelations I've read, which is by no means all of them, were people shipping to addresses that were variations or alternates to their billing address. There are quite a few companies out there with STATED policy that they only ship to billing addresses.

If I were that anxious, for my own health's sake I'd be ordering from Amazon or Walmart or Best Buy or any number of other dealers out there. There are people in this forum reporting receiving their Global orders over the last couple of days, so the claim that no one has rec'd any isn't entirely accurate. Hardly worth wading through 600 page pity party to prove the point. Only you can determine if you're going to fish or cut bait on this one.

Nope. But I'm not running the PR gig for RIM

I hope it works out for you. Not here to apologize for Global's shortcomings. Just hate seeing people beat their heads against the wall when there are so many alternatives.
    Well gee that's great and all (and for the record I already have a Playbook from Chapters and two on the way from Staples) unfortunately it doesn't address the merits of RIM is using a company as bad as Globalware Solutions to represent them.
    12-01-11 08:01 AM

Yeah I'm sure they will, doesn't change the fact a second-rate, ill prepared company is using the Blackberry name and damaging RIM's credibility.
    12-01-11 08:08 AM
    Globalware has been in business for over 30 years, doing well for a number of clients in this world of e-commerce (Nikon for one) and one lousy event, and now everybody wants to burn down and occupy Global and RIM. You know, it's one thing if everybody was intentionally ripped off, lost their money, and had nowhere else to go, but that is not the case here. Y'all need to take a ginormous chill pill; there are other places to spend your money if RIM is not worthy of your support.
    12-01-11 08:11 AM
    Finally got through to a CS last night after being hung up on numerous times and holding the line for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.

Was basically told that they could not verify my credit card info, this was after calling the night before(Monday) and being told my order would be shipped yesterday or today. Called my credit card company and they tell me they have an authorization number given to globalware solutions and the money is still on hold and no one has tried to actually charge the money and take it off hold.

Someones lying here, and in all honesty I told globalware solutions to stuff it and ordered off amazon for 50$ more at 4pm last night. Got a shipping confirmation already this morning.
    12-01-11 08:11 AM
    Globalware has been in business for over 30 years, doing well for a number of clients in this world of e-commerce (Nikon for one) and one lousy event, and now everybody wants to burn down and occupy Global and RIM. You know, it's one thing if everybody was intentionally ripped off, lost their money, and had nowhere else to go, but that is not the case here. Y'all need to take a ginormous chill pill; there are other places to spend your money if RIM is not worthy of your support.
    Happily says the guy who has received his PBs. Easy to see everyone else's cup as half full when yours overfloweth :-)

While this thread has devolved from a relatively targetted "they canceled my order. Why? And how do I fix this?" to an overall b*tchfest, keep in mind that
    1) people can't cancel their orders if they wanted to because the company is largely non-responsive
    and
    B) it's getting increasingly difficult to find 16g PB's for $199.00.

For many of us it's simply about the principle and frustration of the matter. We paid for a product. We would like to get our product. This particular thread is not about the technical merits of BB vs Android vs. iPhone. It's about service from a particular vendor. Globalware could have come over on the Mayflower and be directly responsible for all that is good in the USA, but in this instance they have failed and have done a poor job of addressing their failure and we are caught up in that.

Eventually, with patience, luck and resources most of us will end up with PB's some way, some how and Globalware will go on to bring peace to the middle east. But until that time, we would like; answers, service, playbooks and/or refunds.
    chriskayTO likes this.
    12-01-11 08:22 AM
    Bummer. On hold for 25 minutes and now I have to go to a meeting. I couldn't even get an on hold message yesterday or Monday. I hope that wasn't my last chance to get through today.
    12-01-11 08:25 AM
    Bummer. On hold for 25 minutes and now I have to go to a meeting. I couldn't even get an on hold message yesterday or Monday. I hope that wasn't my last chance to get through today.
    I can only get thru to shopblackberry by Skype, my land line phone just gets silence, and Skype sucks.

I gave up after 15 mins......
    12-01-11 08:30 AM
    i'll be making attempt number 2 later today, after checking my overnight e-mails and checking the bank account to see the charge still pending...

I'm still remaining hopeful that this jacked-up issue is resolved soon... however, in the meantime, i'd like for somebody, whether it be RIM or GlobalWare, to release a public statement regarding this incident. To wait longer is only going to make the situation look worse for both companies.

I'll anxiously wait a PR release or a response from SBB... Any bets on which occurs first, and when?
    12-01-11 08:37 AM
    I could care less if they've been in business for 200 years. A company that doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails is woefully inept. I seriously hope RIM is reviewing their relationship with them and taking steps to ensure a fiasco like this doesn't happen in the future.

Maybe you should forward your last sentence to RIM, it could be part of a new promotion strategy:

"Everyone should try a Playbook and if you can't get your hands on one, well take a chill pill, there are other places to spend your money if RIM is not worthy of your support.'

Yeah I'm sure RIM will go with that.
    12-01-11 08:39 AM
    I love the way the phone line tells you to consider using email.
    12-01-11 08:46 AM
    This thread should be renamed "Noobs Gone Wild." Pretty much all I see are a half-dozen or so posters who joined CB in the last couple of weeks arguing with each other.
    12-01-11 09:04 AM
    This thread should be renamed "Noobs Gone Wild." Pretty much all I see are a half-dozen or so posters who joined CB in the last couple of weeks arguing with each other.
    Gladly for you, the noobs are all contained in one thread. There's 100's of other threads around if this thread doesn't suit you.
    alnamvet68, chriskayTO and Key Guy like this.
    12-01-11 09:08 AM
    I love the way the phone line tells you to consider using email.
    ...I wonder if anyone at RIM corporate knows what is going on. It totally looks like they dropped orders, dropped payments, invoicing isn't working, they blantantly cancelled orders and can't give a consistent answer. Its ok to make a mistake, but in an online world, you need to act quickly to resolve it. I've done huge online sales and I can tell you this - there's probably a room full of techies who can't solve the issue with management doing nothing but pointing fingers at each other... All forgetting there are customers who want to hear at least something!
    All we have so far is jammed phone lines (that seem like they now go straight to an auto message) and an auto response email.
    I don't differentiate RIM vs Globalcrap, like how I don't differentiate Magna auto parts with GM. Globalcrap is contracted by RIM so they're one in the same.
    RIM, fix this.
    Easiest way is to cut off Globalcrap, ask for the customer list of affected people and offer a one-time single use promo code through one of your other channels (like bestbuy). Solved.
    Rim has to take control of this issue, not globalcrap.
    Last edited by bloojays123; 12-01-11 at 09:19 AM.
    JJMC and Key Guy like this.
    12-01-11 09:15 AM
    Right. Shoprblackberry is a third party and part of Blackberry. It is still a pitty asi would hate to spend $100 more if I don't have too.
    12-01-11 09:15 AM
    i was on hold to 1hour and 8 minutes and then transfered to an voice-mail hosted by Audex. I left a message to have a call back....so i wait....again.
    12-01-11 09:21 AM
827 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD