I only opted for this device because of the deal and the fact that I would not be the end user.
    You should put that on a card and enclose it with the gift.
    EricB1968 and The_Adventist like this.
    12-14-11 08:26 PM
    I only opted for this device because of the deal and the fact that I would not be the end user.

Happy Holidays
    12-14-11 08:37 PM
    Count on it!
    12-14-11 08:40 PM
    Thought I would share my story:
    Nov. 26th Placed order thru SBB. 16Gb BPB.
    Nov. 27th Received confirmation email
    Nov. 30th Received cancellation email (high risk transaction)
    Placed a few emails to RIM and SBB with no success
    Dec. 8th Called 1-888-805-6789. Five minute wait time. Placed new order ($200)
    Dec. 8th Received confirmation email for second order.
    Dec 14th Received tracking number (FedEx)
    Presently in transit between Massachusetts and Montreal
    ETA Dec. 15th, 5pm.

This thread was of tremendous help, both in moral support, and in providing the correct phone number, which was the key to untangle this situation. Without the info, I would have probably quit on this purchase.
    Thanks to all ...
    PS Seems I'm getting express shipping, which I didn't ask for.
    Last edited by Ledur; 12-15-11 at 09:17 AM.
    12-14-11 09:19 PM
    Thought I would share my story too (Vancouver, bc):
    Nov. 25th Placed order thru Canada SBB. 16Gb BPB. Received confirmation email immediately

Dec 1 Received tracking number with underscore on it (the link does not work)
    Dec 12 Received another Canada Post tracking number ETA dec 13
    Dec 14 called Canada post about unreceived package but was informed that the shipping info was submitted online but the package was never physically dropped off at the post office.
    Called SBB but they insisted it was shipped dec 1 and offer no support or help on the matter, just blamed third party.

Presently, Canada post is holding an investigation as to what exactly happened.

Do you guys think the deal was a scam? a marketing tactic? do they want us all to get so frustrated and fed up, ask for a refund, then they don't have to sell it at the deeply discounted price?
    12-14-11 11:16 PM
    Do you guys think the deal was a scam?
    It was not a scam. It was just a company and it's partner not prepared to handle mass orders during the busiest shopping and shipping season of the year.
    12-14-11 11:55 PM
    I finally received one of my playbooks yesterday afternoon.

Like a lot of people my Canada Post tracking only showed the the information about the shipment had been sent. Yesterday morning it had been updated over night to received and then delivered.

Still no word on the order that I cancelled. So it appears a second playbook is going through the same shipping ordeal as the first.

I think the high risk transactions emails were a scam. I just think the shipping issues were due the services used.
    12-15-11 07:08 AM
    It was not a scam. It was just a company and it's partner not prepared to handle mass orders during the busiest shopping and shipping season of the year.
    Do we need further evidence of the ineptitude of Research In Motion? If they could not foresee the demand of the price reduction what kind of business people are running the ship straight into an iceberg?
    12-15-11 07:34 AM
    Do we need further evidence of the ineptitude of Research In Motion? If they could not foresee the demand of the price reduction what kind of business people are running the ship straight into an iceberg?
    My guess is RIM did not foresee the regular channels selling out so quickly and only opened up the offer on the BlackBerry web site because the other retailers were not making a lot of effort to fill the demand. The playbook sale on the shopBlackberry site did not start until November 23, even though they had been on sale elsewhere for almost two weeks.

Some of the other retailers eventually realized the demand and made more available the next week, such as Staples in Canada. I ordered one there and they thought it would be a couple weeks because of the extraordinary demand, but they got a suprise shipment and I had it in two days from the order on Nov 30th.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-15-11 at 08:04 AM.
    12-15-11 07:59 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Yes, I am the CIO of the company that is shipping you these beautiful playbooks. I am REALLY sorry that you are all having the delay in shipments. I cannot stress enough that you will receive your playbooks. We have faced a number of issues that were very hard to overcome and being around Thanks Giving/Christmas has not played to our advantage. So your playbooks will be delivered, if you ordered and it was cancelled for some reason, if it�s a legitimate order it will be reinstated at the original sales price!

I have put myself out there(and here) to show my support for you, to re-enforce our(Globalware�s) commitment to servicing your orders. We are working for you and we will get these orders to you. I just ask for your understanding.

Mark Chequer
    CIO - Globalware Solutions, Inc.
    12-15-11 08:28 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Yes, I am the CIO of the company that is shipping you these beautiful playbooks. I am REALLY sorry that you are all having the delay in shipments. I cannot stress enough that you will receive your playbooks. We have faced a number of issues that were very hard to overcome and being around Thanks Giving/Christmas has not played to our advantage. So your playbooks will be delivered, if you ordered and it was cancelled for some reason, if it�s a legitimate order it will be reinstated at the original sales price!

I have put myself out there(and here) to show my support for you, to re-enforce our(Globalware�s) commitment to servicing your orders. We are working for you and we will get these orders to you. I just ask for your understanding.

Mark Chequer
    CIO - Globalware Solutions, Inc.

It's nice to see a CIO communicating with their customers like this. I would just like to state that although I did have some issues with my initial orders, my problems were solved very quickly and professionally. I for one can say I am happy with the service I received from ShopBlackberry and would not hesitate to shop there again.
    12-15-11 09:29 AM
    My wait is almost over...

Nov, 29: Ordered
    Nov, 29: Received confirmation
    Dec, 6 : Received email stating items have been shipped
    Dec 15 : Received another email with Canada Post tracking number, with a link. Tracking number is already "adjusted" with the "O" instead of the "_"

"Here is the tracking information for your recent order. Thank you for ordering through Shopblackerry.com.

Order Number : SBBCA654XXXXX142
    Reference Number : 5XXXXX3
    PO Number :
    Received Date : Dec 02, 2011
    Shipped Date : Dec 06, 2011
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office

** Link removed** - by me...

PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to one business day for your order to appear
    in the carrier tracking system. You may want to allow one business day
    after your order leaves our warehouse before you beg"

Order update:

Track Status
    Product Type: Expedited Parcels
    Expected Delivery : 2011/12/16
    Reference Number 1: 5726363 XXXXXXXXX
    Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2011/12/15 07:21 MISSISSAUGA Order information received by Canada Post

Final destination: Montreal
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 12-15-11 at 10:12 AM.
    12-15-11 10:03 AM
    My Playbook could finally be here today...it landed in Calgary, (about an hour away from here) and cleared customs about an hour and a half ago...it's in the hands of FedEx now...hopefully it's not the last package on the bus...hehe...

SOOOOO CLOSE!!! *stares at the door*
    12-15-11 11:02 AM
    My wait isn't over yet. My shipment was expected to be delivered yesterday but it is still lying at postoffice since 11th of Dec. My sister ordered on 28th of Nov and she too is facing the same issue. God Knows whether USPS delivered it to someone else or kept the package with themselves. I was under impression packages would be sent using Fedex.

@ Mr. Chequer => I have personally appreciated your efforts over emails/forums but the damage caused to us is irreversible (hope you realise the pain behind my statement). We are leaving country tomorrow for long vacation and not sure what will happen to the shipments. In case USPS sends it back to shopblackberry please treat two playbooks as gift from my side. Thanks for all your effort. Hopefully others will not have to undergo such frustrating experience.
    12-15-11 12:34 PM
    It CAME!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

12-15-11 01:28 PM
    It CAME!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Mine too!!!
    12-15-11 01:30 PM
    We drove to my parent's place in eastern Maine on Thanksgiving day. They saw our "His & Hers" PlayBooks and were so impressed they made the decision to buy one while they were still on sale. Being out of stock just about everywhere, they ordered a 16GB device directly from RIM. The website did indicate that high volume of sales would delay shipping by a few days. The delay was more like 12 days, however RIM communicated the status frequently and clearly. Two days ago their new toy arrived and I walked them through the initial set-up over the phone with no problems at all. Their experience was extremely positive and they couldn't be happier with their new tablet.

Just thought I'd share a positive story in the thread
    ghostworld and cogsinister like this.
    12-15-11 02:39 PM
    status updated to shipped this morning...the fed ex tracking number says they anticipate it'll be delivered on the 16th before 5pm..i'm not THAT optimistic, but things are looking up!
    12-15-11 07:36 PM
    My Update...

Date Ordered: 11/24
    Shipping Method: Free
    Confirmation: Immediate
    Delay Emails: Yes
    Cancellation: No
    Received Status on Shopblackberry.com: 11/24-12/5
    Shipped Status on ShopBlackberry.com: 12/5
    Shipping Tracking # Email (after angry email): 12/8
    Arrived in my city: 12/9
    Expected Delivery Date according to USPS/UPS: 12/12

Well today is 12/12 and no sign of my Playbook.
    Still no sign of my Playbook. Been stuck in my city since 12/9....Anyone else who ordered on 11/24 not get theirs yet?
    12-15-11 09:04 PM
    Ok, I know I have been away from this forum for a day (LOL) and I haven't posted anything lately.

Truth is that I had given up. I sent 1 more email to Mark stating how unpleasant my experience was and that I was convinced I was not getting my 2 PlayBook orders.

After waiting all day on Tuesday and not hearing back from Mark, I called my credit card company and started the dispute for the charge of the PlayBook. That was real easy to do.

Anyhow, Mark emailed me today....
    Wayne, sorry this has not gone the way you or I wanted it to go. Your tracking number is ......... I am showing a scheduled delivery of tomorrow.
    Well, it just may show up tomorrow. It's the last PlayBook that I have my worries on as it took Mark to intervene at least 3 times before it even shipped. It went on the 10th. Will it make it by the 23rd?? I'm back to hoping so. We'll see.

Mark has helped everyone out and has done wonders and deserves more credit and praise then he is getting. As for SBBCA, never again for me.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-15-11 10:43 PM
    Latest status - Shipment transferred to post office on 11th of Dec but not yet delivered to me yet. PO is hardly 40 miles from delivery location. There could be only possibilities - shipment was handed over to someone else or not sent at all.

Date Description Location
    Dec 11 2011 Package transferred to Post Office TOLEDO, OH
    Dec 10 2011 Ready for post office entry
    Dec 10 2011 Package received by dest MI facility Groveport, OH
    Dec 9 2011 Package transferred to dest MI facility Windsor, CT
    Dec 8 2011 Package processed by Mail Innovations Windsor, CT
    Dec 8 2011 Package received for processing Windsor, CT
    12-16-11 06:23 AM
    Latest status - Shipment transferred to post office on 11th of Dec but not yet delivered to me yet. PO is hardly 40 miles from delivery location. There could be only possibilities - shipment was handed over to someone else or not sent at all.

Date Description Location
    Dec 11 2011 Package transferred to Post Office TOLEDO, OH
    Dec 10 2011 Ready for post office entry
    Dec 10 2011 Package received by dest MI facility Groveport, OH
    Dec 9 2011 Package transferred to dest MI facility Windsor, CT
    Dec 8 2011 Package processed by Mail Innovations Windsor, CT
    Dec 8 2011 Package received for processing Windsor, CT
    What a mess, i hope you get your PB real soon.
    12-16-11 08:21 AM
    What a mess, i hope you get your PB real soon.
    2/3rds of my saga has come to an end.

My second order (which after the cancellation made this my first order) was ordered on Nov 25, shipped Dec 5 and came into my hands this morning (Dec 16).

This one was the important one for me as this one is the present for my Dad. This is all I got him this year and it was upsetting to think that I wouldn't have something for him.

The last order to come is for the wife. This will be cutting it close. If the 11 day delivery time stays the statues quo then the order should arrive on the 21st. My shop closes on the 23 and reopens on the 2nd.

I'm hoping for no further delays.
    12-16-11 08:51 AM
    it's here! shipping went off without a hitch! now i don't have to figure out a different christmas present for my partner! and opens up a door for an otterbox birthday present!
    12-16-11 02:35 PM
    Mine finally arrived today. Ordered on the 29th of November, shipped on the 6th, delivered today.

Now a prayer before opening the box in hope of a non bulging, no burnt pixels and no dust spec under the screen playbook. I really don't want to deal with any returns with SBB.

EDIT:

Mark, even though my online shopping experience could have been better, I really appreciate the fact that you came on the boards yourself and explained the situation to your customers. I'm sure this means a lot to everyone on here despite the chaos. Problems do happen in every professional business and it's understandable that in such a time of year AND a fire sale, sales shot up to unexpected levels. Hopefully the next time there is a similar situation SBB will be better prepared.

I hope you understand and feel the frustration of the many users on these boards that ordered from your website and we're panicking with every passing hour. It's only normal when you consider Christmas is right around the corner and people don't have their gifts. However, it now seems that the PB's are getting delivered and things are starting to approach normal levels. Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you and your family!
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 12-16-11 at 02:59 PM.
    12-16-11 02:46 PM
827 ... 3031323334
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD