Their orders didn't get cancelled because of inventory issues . Most were cancelled because their billing addresses didn't match or there was some other discrepancy. I understand their frustration. A deal like this is hard to let pass by.
    This is the thing that I am still confused about. The billing/shipping address. If this is indeed an issue, then why allow people to have a different ship and bill address? I have ordered items and had it shipped to my work many times from different companies. The shipping address being different from billing is not at all uncommon. Also, people have different mailing address than billing because of postal routes. If the billing/shipping address was supposed to be the same, then should have noted this.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 10:32 PM
    I disagree. RIM is certainly involved. Why in the world would I ever buy another BB product (from SBB)? It's not like SBB decided to have a firesale, RIM dropped the price. If they did not do anything regarding order/shipping issues and demand then it is certainly RIM's fault too.

I have order many items online. I have never, ever been given such poor information regarding a shipment. RIM contracted Globalware, again how is RIM not at fault?
    yeah, LIKE every company can manage their firesale demand AND meet its customer's demand. RIGHTTT. Shouldve ordered the PB on the first 3 days when it went on sale. All 8 of my friends got their today. We all ordered on the 2nd day. You snooze you lose. deal with it.

Edit - People got their order canceled because BB couldnt meet the demand and just gave us some bootleg excuse to canceled the orders. Shipping address dont have to match the billing address. really?
    Last edited by k260; 12-08-11 at 10:36 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 10:34 PM
    yeah, LIKE every company can manage their firesale demand AND meet its customer's demand. RIGHTTT. Shouldve ordered the PB on the first 3 days when it went on sale. All 8 of my friends got their today. We all ordered on the 2nd day. You snooze you lose. deal with it.

Edit - People got their order canceled because BB couldnt meet the demand and just gave us some bootleg excuse to canceled the orders. Shipping address dont have to match the billing address. really?
    It's not the delay at all. But the lies, lack of communication, lies, misinformation and total LACK of information. if you think this is normal and part of the deal then that is your issue.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 10:51 PM
    It's not the delay at all. But the lies, lack of communication, lies, misinformation and total LACK of information. if you think this is normal and part of the deal then that is your issue.
    I wont say NORMAL but expected from a firesale. Its like black Friday but online. 1 of my friend just got charged today and will probably get his around XMAS. He didnt whine or cry about it and he didnt even bother to check his order status until today because we got our PB. He knew this bs is bound to happen. Hp tablet experience.

I got my shipping info 4 days after they shipped the item.

This kind of sale is either hit or a miss. Next time, dont wait until the very last day to place an order.
    12-08-11 11:02 PM
    I wont say NORMAL but expected from a firesale. Its like black Friday but online. 1 of my friend just got charged today and will probably get his around XMAS. He didnt whine or cry about it and he didnt even bother to check his order status until today because we got our PB. He knew this bs is bound to happen. Hp tablet experience.

I got my shipping info 4 days after they shipped the item.

This kind of sale is either hit or a miss. Next time, dont wait until the very last day to place an order.
    I ordered on 11/24. The shipping timeframe clearly stated 1/2 business days. Whine/cry? Why are you on this thread....go start a RIM thread and tell everyone how great they are and how none of this is their fault. For the last time, I don't care about the time frame to ship. It's everything else...what is it you don't understand? Hit or miss???? I am no longer going to respond to your issues. have a nice night and enjoy your PB when you get it.
    12-08-11 11:10 PM
    I wonder if mine will be cancelled... Its been on 'shipped' status since Dec 2nd. I ordered on the 28th., got a confirmation email, delay email but no shipment confirmation. ( I had to check on the website for me to figure its shipped) Also live in canada... And used a promo code.
    12-08-11 11:35 PM
    OK. My bubble has healed and increased in size.

I am hoping that Monday I will report back here that not only has my 2 remaining orders been processed but shipped as well.

Details to follow.

All thanks to cogsinister.
    Ok, so I checked my shipping status last night after receiving word that my order should be shipped today and there was no change. Still said received.

I checked this morning and now the order says "Inventory Hold".

I haven't called Customer Service to find the status on my hidden order yet.

My new found faith that these will get to me is still very strong.

More details to come.
    12-09-11 06:59 AM
    Just a side note.

Make sure that if you are using GMail to regularly, as often as possible, check your Spam and Trash folders.

I have found a LOT of my mail heading to the Spam box that used to come to the inbox.

That is where I found a few of my SBBCA emails.

If you are waiting for a "shipped" email or tracking info or something, check there a least one an hour.

Hope this helps someone.
    12-09-11 07:12 AM
    Ok, so I checked my shipping status last night after receiving word that my order should be shipped today and there was no change. Still said received.

I checked this morning and now the order says "Inventory Hold".

I haven't called Customer Service to find the status on my hidden order yet.

My new found faith that these will get to me is still very strong.

More details to come.
    " Inventory Hold " means a guy in the Global warehouse is holding your package as a mini table to eat his breakfast Mc Muffin off before he returns to shoveling in 1000's of PB's into huge UPS trailers before they disappear into the Mail Innovations Black hole.........
    12-09-11 07:21 AM
    I ordered 2 16GB Playbooks on Nov. 24th. Received several emails on Dec. 2 and 3 that my order should ship within 5-7 days. Received them yesterday. Never did get an email that they were shipped.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 09:49 AM
    I ordered 2 16GB Playbooks on Nov. 24th. Received several emails on Dec. 2 and 3 that my order should ship within 5-7 days. Received them yesterday. Never did get an email that they were shipped.
    Yes but you are in the States.

How close to Canada are you?
    12-09-11 09:51 AM
    Yes but you are in the States.

How close to Canada are you?
    I'm in the US, state of MD. Closer to Canada than other states, but I wouldn't say I'm close.
    12-09-11 10:40 AM
    Another twist in my story. yesterday order status changed to "shipped". Spoke to CSR today morning and he said shipment has already gone out and I should receive it in the next couple of days. Now I receive this email :-(
    --------------
    I would like to apologize for the delay in our response. Unfortunately your orders did not pass our fraud detection measures. We do appreciate your frustration. Please contact 888-805-6789. Assuming that everything is in order. We will process the orders at the sale price you received on your original orders.

Thank you
    Lori B.
    Order Support
    ShopBlackberry.com
    ------------

Enough of it...I have decided to donate USD 199 to RIM-Shopblaberry Charity Foundation and stop wasting my energy on Playbook order. I'm felling much better now :-) Btw, these guys do appreciate our frustration ;-)
    12-09-11 10:54 AM
    RIM cant process orders that use my work address as billing and shipping.

I just called Royal bank visa and added my work address and telephone # to my visa file. This should fix the problem.

The # to call is on the back of your credit card.

Don't take a # down from the forums.
    12-09-11 10:54 AM
    Another twist in my story. yesterday order status changed to "shipped". Spoke to CSR today morning and he said shipment has already gone out and I should receive it in the next couple of days. Now I receive this email :-(
    --------------
    I would like to apologize for the delay in our response. Unfortunately your orders did not pass our fraud detection measures. We do appreciate your frustration. Please contact 888-805-6789. Assuming that everything is in order. We will process the orders at the sale price you received on your original orders.

Thank you
    Lori B.
    Order Support
    ShopBlackberry.com
    ------------

Enough of it...I have decided to donate USD 199 to RIM-Shopblaberry Charity Foundation and stop wasting my energy on Playbook order. I'm felling much better now :-) Btw, these guys do appreciate our frustration ;-)
    It seems as if you were to re submit your order today they would ship it out fedex ( with a valid tracking number ) and you would have it well before any of us whose orders did NOT get cancelled, it's all that screwed up....
    12-09-11 10:59 AM
    Been lurking these postings trying to get an idea on my order. From vancouver, I ordered on the 24th of Nov, credit card just got charged yesterday Dec 7. So it took them 8 business days to process the order. Probably take them another 8 to put the playbook into a shipping box, another 8 to give the box to the shipping company, and finally another 8 to ship the damn thing to me.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-09-11 11:44 AM
    Any idea what the fraud was? I can't see them going ape over a $10 off coupon.
    12-09-11 12:02 PM
    Any idea what the fraud was? I can't see them going ape over a $10 off coupon.
    There were people using the 50% off for accessories to buy a second PlayBook at half price. I think this and people using the 10% coupon for more than one order per household has really gummed up the works for us that put the orders in before the Thanks Giving holiday.

Then there are a bunch that failed for the shipping address not matching the billing address. It is not clear if this is checked at the order level or waits until the credit card company rejects it.

I also got the impression that there were some customers not from North America ordering and trying to ship to a North America relative, but using the credit card for the non North American.

Who in their right mind places an order online with a credit card and expects it to be shipped to a different address than the billing address? I could see doing this over the phone where you can explain to the person taking the order that the secondary shipping address is on your card and that it will clear the authorization process, but to fill out an onlline form and expect it to go smoothly is a bit unrealistic.
    12-09-11 12:24 PM
    Just talked to Susan and she said my order was or inventory hold because they didn't have any stock and that they should be getting stock in a couple of days.

*Note their website shows in stock and shipping in 1-2 days*.

Then she said that she could see it sitting in shipping and couldn't understand why. I had to send yet another email to try and get the issue corrected.
    12-09-11 12:24 PM
    There were people using the 50% off for accessories to buy a second PlayBook at half price. I think this and people using the 10% coupon for more than one order per household has really gummed up the works for us that put the orders in before the Thanks Giving holiday.

Then there are a bunch that failed for the shipping address not matching the billing address. It is not clear if this is checked at the order level or waits until the credit card company rejects it.

I also got the impression that there were some customers not from North America ordering and trying to ship to a North America relative, but using the credit card for the non North American.

Who in their right mind places an order online with a credit card and expects it to be shipped to a different address than the billing address? I could see doing this over the phone where you can explain to the person taking the order that the secondary shipping address is on your card and that it will clear the authorization process, but to fill out an onlline form and expect it to go smoothly is a bit unrealistic.
    My order had a different billing and shipping address and it went thru with no problems at all, but we used no cupons or codes ect.
    12-09-11 12:28 PM
    Man this seems to be getting worse not better....

I ordered mine on the 26th, it shipped on the 1st and I got it on the 7th. I used the $10 coupon and free shipping, so the final tab charged to my CC was $189. I live in California.

It seems to me that there is a couple of different things going on here.
    1) RIM/Globalware did not anticipate the surge of orders due to the price drop and got seriously backed up. This lead to all the hour long "on hold" phone calls, no response to email and lack of information to the customer.
    2) When the realization happened that they may not have enough product to fulfill orders, they began cancelling orders to balance numbers. Orders deemed "high risk" got whacked. If your billing address did not match the shipping address... whacked. If you put in incorrect info regarding your credit card... whacked. If you coughed while placing your order... whacked.
    3) I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy, but... They cut the price so much that the profit margin was too slim (if at all). So if you are outside the US, the shipping cost probably puts them under. So they are using the cheapest shipping method possible and questioning the $10 coupon code. I think that the international shipping, combined with the price cut and $10 coupon left RIM/Globalware reeling trying to find a way to not lose money on each transaction so they chose Dave's Shipping (Based out of the Northwest Territory. He has a 1986 Mazda Pickup and he delivers items one at a time) and it's taking forever.

I really hope this gets rectified soon. I thought my experience was frustrating, but not compared to some of you. I hope that RIM/Globalware offers some sort of solution to those of you that are still waiting. Perhaps a rapid charger, or case, or some free apps, or something. Because this is really becoming a sour note on the Playbook experience that we all were hoping for.

AND I think that RIM needs to evaluate their relationship with Globalware.

I hope everyone gets there PB soon!!!

EDIT- I didn't know about the 50% accessories/2nd Playbook thing... yeah, I can see why those were flagged and cancelled. But nobody on here seems to be in that boat. So it shouldn't effect regular orders as much as it has, that is a flaw in their system.
    Last edited by marcho11; 12-09-11 at 12:36 PM.
    cogsinister and Key Guy like this.
    12-09-11 12:28 PM
    Who in their right mind places an order online with a credit card and expects it to be shipped to a different address than the billing address?
    I guess I'm not in my right mind because every online order I have ever done goes to a different address.

I work all day and deliveries need signatures. They either goto my parents house or my place of work etc.

It's done all the time.
    FJ8 likes this.
    12-09-11 12:30 PM
    Just a side note.

Make sure that if you are using GMail to regularly, as often as possible, check your Spam and Trash folders.

I have found a LOT of my mail heading to the Spam box that used to come to the inbox.

That is where I found a few of my SBBCA emails.

If you are waiting for a "shipped" email or tracking info or something, check there a least one an hour.

Hope this helps someone.
    I never received a tracking number/shipping number at all.. I couldn't access the order online since someone else fixed the issue (cancellation).. SO, have faith.. Odds are the PB's will arrive before you know it!!!
    Thanks to Mr Chequer!!
    12-09-11 10:00 PM
    What the heck is going on?? Same thing here! My order placed on the 24th - Cancelled. My wife's order placed on the 24th -Cancelled. My business partner's order place on the 26 -Cancelled. Been calling all morning, finally got through, was placed on hold for over an hour. They finally picked up, she put me on hold to look up the order and she HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!! Now back on hold (20 mins and counting). This is utterly ridiculous. There is no reason for any of these orders to be cancelled, I have already talked to both my CC company and my wife's...there are no issues with our cards.

I have been a loyal Blackberry user for more than 11 years now. Living in KW I always supply my employees with RIM products (have to support local business). While I personally have no use for most of Apple's products, I have to say they could teach RIM a thing or two about customer service. When I did have an issue with my iPod, they went above and beyond what I was expecting to rectify the situation.

Will keep you posted if I am able to resolve this (although seeing the large number of posts here....I'm not very hopeful).

Just an update on my situation:

I called the alternative number provided on Thurs (1888-805-6789). Got through very quickly compared to the primary number. Spoke to a representative who was actually very nice and professional. He was unable to tell me why my order for 3 16 gb's and my wife's order for 2 16 gb's was cancelled. He offered to reinstate the orders, but since I didn't know why they were cancelled in the first place, I didn't want to go that route. Since I had already purchased a few from other channels, I asked him if I could simply place one new order for 4, to replace the 2 seperate orders. He said sure, so we placed the order (at the $199 discount). I received the order confirmation before we were even off the phone (at 2 pm).

At 4 pm I received a shipping confirmation email with a Fedex tracking #. I was able to follow the delivery all the way to my door the very next day at around 4:30pm (in Kitchener, ON).

While I was very disappointed with the hassles I encountered with my intial orders, I have to say that Shopblackberry really stepped up and seems to be doing everything that they can to make this right.

I sincerely hope that I am not the only one who has such a good experience getting this resolved.
    JJMC, Willard814 and Happyeric like this.
    12-09-11 10:37 PM
    I ordered mine on December 2nd. And i was charged $200 right after. I got email from them on monday 5th that it's delayed.
    Wednesday it said it was shipped. However that $200 disappeared... I called them (888 number), they said it was shiped from MA on Wednesday..But why am not charged...?
    12-10-11 01:05 AM
827 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD