So orders are being cancelled due to the $10 off coupon? How odd. I placed 2 separate orders both with the $10 off coupon because the coupon can only be applied once per order, so I placed 2 orders at $189.00 each on the 28th, it was shipped on the 2nd and it will arrive at my location tomorrow. They sent me an email with tracking info on the 5th saying that my order had shipped.

I find it strange that orders are being cancelled with no explanation whatsoever.
    12-07-11 11:06 PM
    did anyone ever get an order status with "In Fulfillment" . should i worry?
    12-07-11 11:08 PM
    Any Canadians outside the Toronto area that ordered 25th to the 28th yet got there PB's ?

I seem to think Canadian customers are getting by far the worst deal here, lots of US customers ordering on those dates have had there PB's delivered and we languish in a state of confusion with tracking numbers from an unknown carrier that simply will NOT work after 3 or 4 days.

I thought i was ordering from Canada not the US.
    12-07-11 11:11 PM
    First time, I order by using the coupon code for playbook 16GB 189$ (11/25). After 4 days it sent to me a message that my order in high risk transaction
    After that, I continued order another one playbook 16GB (12/2) without using coupon code. After 4 days, my order status changed to be shipped
    Because I am worried my order will be canceled again, so I have bought the HTC evo view 4G 32GB with 240$ on ebay (discount price)
    Now, I have both of them ><
    12-08-11 12:19 AM
    I am actually starting to get discouraged and think it might be best just to cancel the other 2 PlayBooks I have on order. After reading the following BBB complaints, we aren't going to see anything anytime soon:

Complaint # 1

6/9/2011 Problems with Product/Service | Read Complaint Details
    X
    Additional Notes

Complaint: Shopblackberry.com delayed shipment of product without notifying customer in timely fashion. Once notified, shopblackberry canceled original orders and required new order to be placed. This was done. Once product was received, the product itself did not work. After 5 days of customer service inquiries and over 8 hours of time spent on phone, shopblackberry has deemed my product not usable and will not take it back cause it was opened. The product has been deemed defective by shopblackberry, but cannot give me an answer on how they will fix or return the product. THey refuse to give a RMA on this. I have been inquiring since May 6, 2011. It is now May 10, 2011.

Desired Settlement: Since the first phone call made to technical support @ blackberry my only intention was to return the product and get refund due to product will not work. Tech has deemed in defective, just cannot tell me how to send it back. Simply put, this company has not met any expectations on the blackberry playbook-product in dispute.

BBB's Final Determination: Business failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Complaint #2

6/1/2011 Problems with Product/Service | Read Complaint Details
    X
    Additional Notes

Complaint: Purchased Blackberry Leather Pocket for my Blackberry 3G phone. The Website states the pocket is compatible with my phone. I received the leather pocket and my phone will only fit to mid point and will not go in any further. April 26, 2011, I called Shopblackberry.com fulfillment center and spoke with ******** to request a full refund and to have a return shipping label sent to me as I should not have to pay shipping to return a defective product. I was told I would still have to pay shipping to return the product and that I would only be refunded purchase price. I requested to speak with a manager and was told an email would be sent to management and that I would receive an email response in a couple days. I never received a response. I called again on May 2, 2011. I spoke with *******. He repeated that the leather pocket is compatible with my phone and that, that was the email response received regarding my order. I requested to speak with someone else, he stated he would escalate my situation to management via email. I became upset and stated my consumer rights are being violated. I purchased a product that was stated to be compatible with my phone. It is not. It is defective. I stated I felt it was falsely represented and now I have paid for it and cannot receive a full refund and I must pay to return it. I offered to email a video demonstrating how the product IS NOT compatible with my phone as stated. He gave no response. He repeated that he would send another email to management to escalate the situation. I thanked him and ended the call.

Desired Settlement: I am requesting a full refund (purchase price AND shipping). I am requesting a prepaid label/shipping method to return the defective product to Shopblackberry.com, that is not at my expense.

BBB's Final Determination: Business failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
    Does that sound like anything you have just experienced?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 06:51 AM
    Any Canadians outside the Toronto area that ordered 25th to the 28th yet got there PB's ?

I seem to think Canadian customers are getting by far the worst deal here, lots of US customers ordering on those dates have had there PB's delivered and we languish in a state of confusion with tracking numbers from an unknown carrier that simply will NOT work after 3 or 4 days.

I thought i was ordering from Canada not the US.
    I thought I was ordering from Canada as well. I made sure I had the Canadian site selected before I placed my order.

I talked to someone today about my order. I have been told that it has been shipped (I selected the free shipping) and it will be 5 to 7 days before it arrives. When I asked for a tracking number she could not provide one. She stated that she only had the bar code number on the package the they scan. I am wondering if this is why people can not track their packages. Apparently mine was shipped UPS.

Are we going to have to pay for custom brokerage fees if the playbooks are being shipped from the states?
    12-08-11 07:29 AM
    I ordered a 16GB Playbook on 12/3/11 from store.shopblackberry.com. The order status changed this morning to "shipped".

Will update if/when I get it.

Just need it to get here before christmas, it's a gift for someone.

UPDATE: I got my Playbook today (12/12/11). Never received the email notification confirming the shipment. Hope everyone else is having such luck.
    Last edited by MLE724; 12-12-11 at 03:07 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 07:34 AM
    I thought I was ordering from Canada as well. I made sure I had the Canadian site selected before I placed my order.

I talked to someone today about my order. I have been told that it has been shipped (I selected the free shipping) and it will be 5 to 7 days before it arrives. When I asked for a tracking number she could not provide one. She stated that she only had the bar code number on the package the they scan. I am wondering if this is why people can not track their packages. Apparently mine was shipped UPS.

Are we going to have to pay for custom brokerage fees if the playbooks are being shipped from the states?
    I for one would be livid if we had to pay any fees on the packages IF they ever arrive, we chose the Canadian site and i was charged Tax on my order.

If i had ordered from a US site and was personally importing the item maybe but not from a site with RIM's name on it and using the Canada specific ordering page.

The tracking numbers are useless, i suspect they are not even the right numbers they are sending people.
    12-08-11 07:40 AM
    I am actually starting to get discouraged and think it might be best just to cancel the other 2 PlayBooks I have on order.
    I just cancelled my order for a 16GB PB with SBB. As a 'backup' I bought a 32GB PB from Walmart last Friday - didn't really want a 32GB and didn't want to pay the 32GB price, but hey - I know it shipped. I figure a 32GB PlayBook is better than a 0GB no-PlayBook.

I was planning on just keeping my order open - if the 16GB ever showed up I figured I'd just try to sell it or see if my work wanted it to show off to our corporate BB phone users ... but after reading those BBB complaints I don't want to get stuck with some monumentous hassle in returning it if I needed to. This whole mess has already been hassle enough.
    12-08-11 07:40 AM
    I ordered a 16GB Playbook on 12/3/11 from store.shopblackberry.com. The order status changed this morning to "shipped".

Will update if/when I get it.

Just need it to get here before christmas, it's a gift for someone.
    You are from the states so you'll probably see it today. Happy for you but sucks for my Christmas recipients
    12-08-11 07:43 AM
    You are from the states so you'll probably see it today. Happy for you but sucks for my Christmas recipients
    Yeah if you are in the US your order will be rushed to you, us in Canada sit being told to wait 5 to 7 days shipping even if we paid for 1 to 2 day "Express " shipping.
    12-08-11 07:46 AM
    I am actually starting to get discouraged and think it might be best just to cancel the other 2 PlayBooks I have on order. After reading the following BBB complaints, we aren't going to see anything anytime soon:
    Does that sound like anything you have just experienced?
    The first one looks familiar. There was a post here when the Playbook first came out that was similar. It came down to ShopBlackberry not taking back an opened item, clearly stated in the terms of sale. I think the person thought they had a 14 day return option like at the other retail stores and wanted to return it since there wasn't a repair option. In addition, I think the poster on Crackberry was not in North America, so there may have been no repair facilities in his country yet.
    12-08-11 08:49 AM
    It's been 2 weeks since I've ordered it although they were kind enough to let me know last week that it is delayed. I have this nagging feeling that I won't get it until after Christmas!
    12-08-11 09:30 AM
    This means you have a very long and frustrating time ahead of you.
    Today status has changed to Shipped but no shipment tracking email yet.
    12-08-11 09:58 AM
    Just call GWS for an update, the character on the phone said "5-6 days from shipping date"

Idiots honestly. The PB are sent to Canada via USPS than through CanadaPost. Im hoping for delivery before end of day tomorrow, if not, this weekend is dedicated to ripping into the business tactics of this company.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 11:05 AM
    Just call GWS for an update, the character on the phone said "5-6 days from shipping date"

Idiots honestly. The PB are sent to Canada via USPS than through CanadaPost. Im hoping for delivery before end of day tomorrow, if not, this weekend is dedicated to ripping into the business tactics of this company.
    I am expecting a personal phone call from Mark Chequer the CIO of Globalware today.

I will bring up all the points i can think of to him when he calls.

Any suggestions of things i should bring up ?
    RicThot and Willard814 like this.
    12-08-11 11:09 AM
    Yes:

-The innacuracy of their canceled order reason: High Risk transaction... this means cancelled because no longer in stock. Confirmed by a rep over the phone when I was finally able to a)get a ringtone on their phone support number and b) reach an actual human to talk to... after 90 minutes of waiting!!!

-The turnaround time for answering support requests by email. I ordered a PB on the 24, stayed on Received order status for 8 days, got a first email saying order was received and would take an additional 5-6 days to process. Got another email same day saying order cancelled due to High Risk transaction. Got a second cancellation notice same evening. Just today, got an email reply from S2G Support Services [email protected] stating that my order got cancelled and I should call a 1-888 number to have it reinstated...

Worst customer service experience I had in years.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-08-11 11:51 AM
    I am expecting a personal phone call from Mark Chequer the CIO of Globalware today.

I will bring up all the points i can think of to him when he calls.

I saw Mark Checker's name on the BlackBerry forum site and personally someone was just yanking chains.

IF you do get a call please let us know. I'm sure you'll be telling the truth as your are Canadian eh. LOL

What I want to know is why first order in isn't first order out.
    Willard814 and cogsinister like this.
    12-08-11 11:59 AM
    I saw Mark Checker's name on the BlackBerry forum site and personally someone was just yanking chains.

IF you do get a call please let us know. I'm sure you'll be telling the truth as your are Canadian eh. LOL

What I want to know is why first order in isn't first order out.
    Actually i am English.
    12-08-11 12:02 PM
    The complete and total lack of communication on the situation.

They have my email and phone number from the ordering process but I have heard nothing from them since my high risk transaction email. Emailing them does not seem to get any responses. And when I have called I get the standard email well be sent when it is shipped. Apparently it has shipped but no email.

Why Canadian orders do not seem to have tracking numbers.

Lastly, not one person I have talked to has apologized for dropping the ball. They have all been polite but that is it.
    12-08-11 12:06 PM
    I am making a note of all the suggestions........
    The_Adventist likes this.
    12-08-11 12:14 PM
    I am making a note of all the suggestions........
    I'll PM you my personal info and let him know that your good friend in Ontario hasn't had any luck and needs to speak to him too.

The English Commonwealth need to stick together.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-08-11 12:19 PM
    I'll PM you my personal info and let him know that your good friend in Ontario hasn't had any luck and needs to speak to him too.

The English Commonwealth need to stick together.
    Well hes got my phone number and i am in all day so lets hope he follows thru on his promise.
    12-08-11 12:25 PM
    i ordered my 16gb playbook on 11/24 and received a confirmatiln email, but no shipping email. i then called the next week and was told it was on its way. called a few days later and was told it had been cancelled. i then asked that they completely cancel everything and was told it had been cancelled. they had taken the $189 from my acct on 11/24 but never claimed it to the funds so the money was returned to my acct days later. so i went to staples and bought their last one. no harm no foul right?

woke up today and there was a $189 charge from sbb lol. idiots. so i called my bank and did a claim on a fraudulent charge, informing them that i cancelled this order. so, if that pb shows up.... well... "what playbook?" lol
    Craeven likes this.
    12-08-11 12:31 PM
    My order placed on 12/02/2011 status on SBB has gone from "Received" to "Printed" and now to "Shipped"! Still looks promising that I may get it before Christmas! Although I have not received an email confirming the shipment or tracking information. I’ll definitely post as soon as I get my Playbook.
    12-08-11 12:44 PM
827 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD