Mines shipped, USPS, i got a refund of the 50 bucks i paid for express shipping so i guess its gone in the free shipping mode...

Got the USPS tracking number, but as yet ( and probably for a couple of days ) it wont even work.

I am in Maritime Canada by the way.
    12-05-11 07:00 PM
    Well, It is 10:28 EST where I live. I JUST checked my email and I got 2 emails from SBB for both my orders placed just minutes from each other on the 28th. I got shipping/tracking info!!! It's about time!!!
    12-05-11 09:30 PM
    WOW!!! THE ORDER NOW SAYS SHIPPED!!!!

Ok, so the order status screen now says "shipped" on one of the orders. Order date November 25. It changed sometime between 4pm EST and 11pm EST today.

No shipping email though so the wait continues.
    Last edited by The_Adventist; 12-05-11 at 10:39 PM.
    12-05-11 10:36 PM
    Ok, so I put my tracking number in the USPS tracking system and it basically gave my no information. However, I put the same number in the UPS tracking system (UPS: Tracking Information) and got a ton of info as to when it was picked up, where it is now and when it will get to me.

You have to click the link in the tracking information email that Globalware sent. It will open a USPS page with some ambiguous info. On that page it says"label/receipt number." I copied and pasted that number into the UPS tracking system and got all this other info. My Playbook is close... it says deliver is expected 12/7, but I think I'm getting it tomorrow. Hopefully this works for some others.

And, oh, by the way it says my order was picked up on Dec 1 but I did not get my email until last night, Dec 4. But my order status on shopblackberry.com turned to "shipped" on Nov 30... so I think the emails are quite a bit later that they are actually shipping.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    In Transit by Post Office

This shipment is progressing through the postal system to the final destination.

Request Status Updates

Estimated Delivery:
    Wednesday, 12/07/2011
    Last Location:
    WEST SACRAMENTO, CA, United States, Monday, 12/05/2011

Additional Information
    Package Actual Weight:2.8020 lbs
    Package Destination: xxxxx
    Package ID:xxxxxxx
    Package Sequence Number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Package Status:In Transit by Post Office
    Projected Delivery Date:12/07/2011

Shipment Progress

Delivery confirmation information provided by the United States Postal Service.
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    WEST SACRAMENTO, CA, United States 12/05/2011 1:49 P.M. Electronic

Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office
    UPS Mail Innovations Shipment Progress
    Location Date Activity
    San Leandro, CA, United States 12/05/2011
    Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Windsor, CT, United States 12/02/2011
    Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Windsor, CT, United States 12/01/2011
    Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility
    12/01/2011 Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
    Last edited by marcho11; 12-06-11 at 12:44 AM.
    vegaspumpkin likes this.
    12-06-11 12:37 AM
    Ok, so I put my tracking number in the USPS tracking system and it basically gave my no information. However, I put the same number in the UPS tracking system (UPS: Tracking Information) and got a ton of info as to when it was picked up, where it is now and when it will get to me.

You have to click the link in the tracking information email that Globalware sent. It will open a USPS page with some ambiguous info. On that page it says"label/receipt number." I copied and pasted that number into the UPS tracking system and got all this other info. My Playbook is close... it says deliver is expected 12/7, but I think I'm getting it tomorrow. Hopefully this works for some others.

And, oh, by the way it says my order was picked up on Dec 1 but I did not get my email until last night, Dec 4. But my order status on shopblackberry.com turned to "shipped" on Nov 30... so I think the emails are quite a bit later that they are actually shipping.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    That worked for me too. UPS says it shipped last Thursday like it said when I checked my order status on the shopblackberry website. It should be here on Wednesday.
    12-06-11 01:05 AM

This shipment is progressing through the postal system to the final destination.

Request Status Updates

Estimated Delivery:
    Wednesday, 12/07/2011
    Last Location:

Additional Information

Shipment Progress

Location Date Activity
    I too, just now pasted the tracking # into the UPS site and it gave me full details just like your package. According to the info provided its already in the post office in my city just under 3 miles away. I think I should be receiving mine later today.

I suggest that everyone tries tracking it with UPS as well, not just FedEx or USPS.

"Order was received the 28th. Shipped the 2nd and its already in my city the 5th" seems about right. Hopefully it does arrive later today!
    12-06-11 02:46 AM

So using this as a base, my order changed from received to shipped yesterday (Dec 6th), I should see a tracking number by Dec 10th and look forward to receiving the first of 3 orders the week of 12 to 16th.

Wow! There's a chance that my last order (which was a replacement for the cancelled order) migh not make it to me before Christmas.

Had I been wise enough to realize that there was a 3+ week turnaround from order to deliver, I wouldn't have ordered.
    12-06-11 09:41 AM
    So using this as a base, my order changed from received to shipped yesterday (Dec 6th), I should see a tracking number by Dec 10th and look forward to receiving the first of 3 orders the week of 12 to 16th.

Wow! There's a chance that my last order (which was a replacement for the cancelled order) migh not make it to me before Christmas.

Had I been wise enough to realize that there was a 3+ week turnaround from order to deliver, I wouldn't have ordered.
    Hopefully, as they get the backlog of first orders out of the way, they will be able to speed up the process for the orders that they got later on. My guess, is that the time frame to receive an order placed on the 6th of Dec will be less time than orders placed on the 26th on Nov.

At least I hope so!! I think that there is some serious indirect marketing that will occur around the holidays when Playbook owners are showing them off at parties, family get-togethers, etc.
    12-06-11 10:46 AM
    I too, just now pasted the tracking # into the UPS site and it gave me full details just like your package. According to the info provided its already in the post office in my city just under 3 miles away. I think I should be receiving mine later today.

I suggest that everyone tries tracking it with UPS as well, not just FedEx or USPS.

"Order was received the 28th. Shipped the 2nd and its already in my city the 5th" seems about right. Hopefully it does arrive later today!
    Pasted mine into UPS and it don't work
    12-06-11 11:10 AM
    Anyone else get an email like this? (email was received 13hrs ago and I never got "the call" at 9:45AM

My name is Mark Chequer, I am the CIO for Globalware Solutions. I would like to call you and discuss your order on ShopBlackberry, would you have time at 9:45AM (EST) tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to discuss your order, I will call you on xxx-xxx-xxxx: if that works for you? If this time or number does not work, please let me know what time/number works better and I will make arrangements to call you. Regards, Mark ChequerCIO - Globalware Solutions, Inc.
    12-06-11 11:38 AM
    Anyone else get an email like this? (email was received 13hrs ago and I never got "the call" at 9:45AM

My name is Mark Chequer, I am the CIO for Globalware Solutions. I would like to call you and discuss your order on ShopBlackberry, would you have time at 9:45AM (EST) tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to discuss your order, I will call you on xxx-xxx-xxxx: if that works for you? If this time or number does not work, please let me know what time/number works better and I will make arrangements to call you. Regards, Mark ChequerCIO - Globalware Solutions, Inc.
    No but i wish i had gotten that email......i would love to talk to the guy.
    12-06-11 11:45 AM
    No but i wish i had gotten that email......i would love to talk to the guy.
    I replied to his email saying I was able to chat if he called and he JUST called.... I'm not kidding!!!!... He was very apologetic and is working on my order personally and said he'd call back shortly with shipping information.. I believe he was legit!! ...
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-06-11 11:59 AM
    I replied to his email saying I was able to chat if he called and he JUST called.... I'm not kidding!!!!... He was very apologetic and is working on my order personally and said he'd call back shortly with shipping information.. I believe he was legit!! ...
    Freaking Awesome !!!!!
    12-06-11 12:04 PM

Request Status Updates

Estimated Delivery:
    Wednesday, 12/07/2011
    Last Location:

Additional Information

Shipment Progress

Location Date Activity
    Strange.

My info is similar. I've never heard of UPS Mail Innovations before. Not sure why we're getting a link to USPS in the email.

Regardless, supposed to land on my porch on Thurs.
    12-06-11 12:39 PM
    I had placed an order on the 25th with RIM and the 28th to buy a PB 16gb. Orders confirmed etc.

one order was for my friend from work, his name, work address for billing and shipping, his credit card. then i did the same with my order. We wanted them sent to work and billed to work so that we would havesome one to receive the item as well as we could write off the expense.

RIM cancelled the 1st order for my friend 5 days after it was placed. i emailed them and tried calling a # of times but couldnt get through. Today i called them and only had to wait 20 mins. Before I waited up to 1.5hrs.

Anyway, they said b/c the shipping/billing address is different from what is on file it would remain cancelled. As well he noted that the 2nd order, which was in inventory hold, would also be cancelled because of the same reason. I told them they hadnt try to contact me nor have they asked from the home address of those credit cards.

I had to ask for a supervisor. After he put me on hold for 2 minutes he came back and said they would process the order. He still didnt ask for the address that my credit card is attached too.

I certainly wonder what the F... RIM is doing. I think this could be handled much better than it is.

However, I have not seem my order status update and only when I see the cancelled item restored to my account will I believe they fixed this.
    Last edited by coxwain; 12-06-11 at 12:52 PM.
    12-06-11 12:46 PM
    Anyway, they said b/c the shipping/billing address is different from what is on file it would remain cancelled. As well he noted that the 2nd order, which was in inventory hold, would also be cancelled because of the same reason. I told them they hadnt try to contact me nor have they asked from the home address of those credit cards.

To avoid problems in the future, you can have your credit card company put a secondary address on the account. A few years ago I added my cottage address to my credit card account and had no problems ordering a couple items online over the summer, one of which was a $1,800 computer, an item most likely to trigger the fraud alert.

You may want to call your credit card company and get the work address put on your account and then get ShopBlackberry to try again. For the $600 you are saving on the two PlayBooks, it is worth the effort.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-06-11 at 12:53 PM.
    12-06-11 12:50 PM
    Lucky you. Now if only he'd call me.
    12-06-11 12:52 PM
    Pasted mine into UPS and it don't work
    Try Canada Post, Fedex, and Purolator. It may also be a reference number you have rather than a tracking number. Some of the tracking sites have a separate spot for reference numbers.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-06-11 12:54 PM
    Strange.

My info is similar. I've never heard of UPS Mail Innovations before. Not sure why we're getting a link to USPS in the email.

UPS has a partnership with the USPS for handling large orders to be processed before it's transferred over to USPS for delivery.

UPS Mail Innovations | UPS Video | We Move Mail
    12-06-11 01:08 PM
    UPS has a partnership with the USPS for handling large orders to be processed before it's transferred over to USPS for delivery.

Good info, Eric.

Thanks!
    12-06-11 01:15 PM
    I got in touch with their CS yesterday through the 888 number...thanks again for that!!! They said they would push my "case" forward...??? So...after that, I decided to call them again today...they hadn't done anything...so, the CSR was telling me again how this was all part of some fraud case...where they dumped tons of legit orders because there was some fraud code out there...

So I verified my info for the guy...again...and he said that it would take 5-7 days to process...and then ship...

I nearly lost it...but I calmed myself, and asked him, what it would take to get this expedited, so that I could have my PB, by the end of the week, and he said I'd have to cancel my order, and start over, losing my $300 discount...well...that's not gonna happen.

Worst online shopping experience ever!! Sorry Best Buy...I shoulda jes bought from you...my bad...
    12-06-11 01:33 PM
    I ordered from shopblackberry on the 29th and my order status changed to "shipped" just now.

On a side note (on a normal day), why would anyone order straight from their website considering their return policy?

"BlackBerry� Playbook
    Your Playbook can only be returned if it is unopened. If it is unopened, return it with the original receipt and original packaging within 30 (thirty) calendar days of the date of shipment. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, you will receive a refund based on the original payment. You are responsible for shipping and handling charges on all returned items."

If the manufacturer themselves doesn't give consumers confidence in their own products, why should I order from them and get stuck with a defective unit that needs to go in for repair right away. When I pay money for a new product I expect a new non-defective unit, plain and simple. Anything else is not an option.

Until RIM undergoes a major re-haul in the way their shopblackberry operates, I certainly won't be ordering from them anytime soon.
    12-06-11 01:42 PM
    So, I just got the off the phone with UPS, after tracking my order through their site. The lady on the phone told me "are you sure this isn't USPS"? I said I believe I'm sure. She said it definitely was USPS. So I called USPS and their are the ones indeed handling my package. Strangely enough is the fact that I was able to track with UPS online and not the USPS... I called USPS and they told me its in route and should be here by Thursday. How odd. I thought it was either one or the other but I guess both companies work in conjuction sometimes??
    12-06-11 01:45 PM
    I guess both companies work in conjuction sometimes??
    Yes !!

12-06-11 02:37 PM
    Strange.

Regardless, supposed to land on my porch on Thurs.
    As linked to above, UPS Mail Innovations is a UPS service where UPS delivers packages in bulk to the USPS. From there, USPS does the "last mile" and delivers to your house. Basically UPS is outsourcing the actual delivery to the USPS to save on drivers, but UPS does the heavy lifting and gets it to the post office. FedEx has a similar service.
    12-06-11 03:08 PM
827 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD