After many days of (mostly unanswered) phone calls, I finally reached an actual RIM tech by the name of Kal-El, who took my information, and actually gave me hope that someone at RIM was doing their job, especially when he emailed me back with: "All legitimate orders that have been placed within the promotional period will be honored." I just now used the phone number that Craeven posted above, got right through to Maribel (Globalware, she answered upon inquiry) who offered to re-instate my order as it was placed on Black Friday, which I assume includes the $10 discount code on the $199 promotional price, and free shipping. I was told by her to watch for a confirmation email (I've been here before, and got one right before the cancellation), and expect the Playbook 5-7 days afterward (which sounds mighty familiar on this particular forum, huh?). We'll see... CF's don't last forever, do they? <G>
    We have all had this on the phone from Globalware, it means nothing at all.......
    12-05-11 02:10 PM
    We have all had this on the phone from Globalware, it means nothing at all.......
    Just for fun, I called this morning. Was given a little more specific information regarding my order. Was told that it actually shipped today and that I should receive my tracking number soon.

The only thing that makes me think that this time its true, is that the money was actually taken out of my account today. The charge was originally there, then went away for 4-5 days, but now is back and officially the money has been taken.

Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.

PS- I think RIM really needs to re-evaluate their relationship with Globalware after this storm (9530?) subsides.

PSS- cogsinister... you've been great through this whole thing with providing a ton of info, and thank you for giving the alternate phone number for the rest of us. GRACIAS
    12-05-11 02:29 PM
    Just for fun, I called this morning. Was given a little more specific information regarding my order. Was told that it actually shipped today and that I should receive my tracking number soon.

The only thing that makes me think that this time its true, is that the money was actually taken out of my account today. The charge was originally there, then went away for 4-5 days, but now is back and officially the money has been taken.

PS- I think RIM really needs to re-evaluate their relationship with Globalware after this storm (9530?) subsides.

PSS- cogsinister... you've been great through this whole thing with providing a ton of info, and thank you for giving the alternate phone number for the rest of us. GRACIAS
    You are very welcome indeed.

Mine may have shipped today, still awaiting any indication of the carrier they use to ship to Canada or some form of tracking number.

Oh well lets hope tomorrow brings a PB.
    12-05-11 02:44 PM

If they took the money out of your account than it definitely has shipped. The "CIO" of Globalware said himself "We cannot charge you unless it has shipped" or something along those lines. Same thing happened to me. I placed the order, the money was drawn from my account and then 2 days later it was back in it. I called them with confusing thoughts on this matter. At least now I know the process of this, although it is quite a disaster the way things are being handled. I guess we just have to wait for our accounts to be charged for "confirmation" because non of us have received shipping info before our Playbook's arrive, they just show up at our doors lol.
    12-05-11 03:18 PM
    If they took the money out of your account than it definitely has shipped. The "CIO" of Globalware said himself "We cannot charge you unless it has shipped" or something along those lines. Same thing happened to me. I placed the order, the money was drawn from my account and then 2 days later it was back in it. I called them with confusing thoughts on this matter. At least now I know the process of this, although it is quite a disaster the way things are being handled. I guess we just have to wait for our accounts to be charged for "confirmation" because non of us have received shipping info before our Playbook's arrive, they just show up at our doors lol.
    The thing about the PB "Just showing up at our doors " is that if i am out when it arrives its a matter of re arranging for delivery or going all the way to the fedex ( or whosoever ) facility to pick it up, not very useful to me as a none car owner.

We need tracking info......and no one is getting it, whatever the CIO said....
    12-05-11 03:24 PM
    So yeah anyone knows anything about the status? My own said cancelled i called them and they said they would re order it and when i checked the cancelled under the status was gone but there isnt anything there. Can aynone help me???
    12-05-11 03:55 PM
    So yeah anyone knows anything about the status? My own said cancelled i called them and they said they would re order it and when i checked the cancelled under the status was gone but there isnt anything there. Can aynone help me???
    I will be glad when this whole nightmare online shopping experience is over, you don't know the status of your order even after talking to a rep on the phone for an hour.

Never again, never again.......
    12-05-11 04:06 PM
    I ordered my playbook on black friday and my order got cancelled, at first they charged me but now the order appears as "being processed" in my bank account, I checked the shop blackberry site and looked at my order and it says cancelled, I don't get it, I need customer support numbers, preferable spanish customer support numbers :/
    12-05-11 04:09 PM
    I ordered my playbook on black friday and my order got cancelled, at first they charged me but now the order appears as "being processed" in my bank account, I checked the shop blackberry site and looked at my order and it says cancelled, I don't get it, I need customer support numbers, preferable spanish customer support numbers :/
    1-888-805-6789 is a good number, don't know if they speak Spanish.
    12-05-11 04:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. I ordered my PB on 11/27/11. The current status on sbb.com is "Shipped" but my bank account has not been charged. I called the 1-888-805-6789 number and reached a individual named Sarah within 30 seconds or so. She stated the current order notes show that it has in fact been shipped on 11/30/11. I questioned why I didn’t receive a tracking number via email and why my bank account has not been charged. She simply said she does not know but I should be rest assured that it has been shipped. I guess at this point its just a waiting game. At least I didn’t have my order cancelled like some other people, my sympathies are with you guys, hopefully we all get our PBs soon.
    12-05-11 04:35 PM
    Even though I can read and understand english, I can't understand all the things they're saying.. it's annoying, :/

I can't find a spanish customer support number
    12-05-11 04:35 PM
    Even though I can read and understand english, I can't understand all the things they're saying.. it's annoying, :/

I can't find a spanish customer support number
    Yadiel,
    Most of us speak English and the Customer Support speak English, but we don't seem to be understanding each other either. :-( You're not missing much :-)
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-05-11 04:47 PM
    Just checked SBB account and my PB is marked SHIPPED but again, bank account not charged yet. I won't rest until PB is in my hands.
    12-05-11 05:00 PM
    I just got this email from them saying it shipped with a tracking #. It says it shipped on Dec 1st, but the tracking # doesn't come up in the usps system.

Here is the tracking information for your recent order. Thank you for ordering through Shopblackerry.com.

Order Number : SBBxxxxxxxxxx
    Reference Number :xxxxx
    PO Number :
    Received Date : Nov 28, 2011
    Shipped Date : Dec 01, 2011
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office

PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to one business day for your order to appear
    in the carrier tracking system. You may want to allow one business day
    after your order leaves our warehouse before you begin tracking it.

Quantity Item Number Description
    ------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------
    1 PRD-38548-001 BB PLAYBOOK WiFi NA 16GB
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-05-11 05:12 PM
    I just got this email from them saying it shipped with a tracking #. It says it shipped on Dec 1st, but the tracking # doesn't come up in the usps system.

Here is the tracking information for your recent order. Thank you for ordering through Shopblackerry.com.

PO Number :
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office

Was this for the free shipping option ?

And are you US or Canada ?

Thanks for the info by the way.
    12-05-11 05:14 PM
    Just checked SBB account and my PB is marked SHIPPED but again, bank account not charged yet. I won't rest until PB is in my hands.
    Since my last entry and call to Sbb.com, (which was all within the last hour or so lol) I just received a confirmation email from sbb.com stating that my order has been shipped and a tracking number as been provided! there is hope people :P

My order was the free shipping option and I am in the US....Texas.
    12-05-11 05:19 PM
    Was this for the free shipping option ?

And are you US or Canada ?

Thanks for the info by the way.
    I actually payed for the 2 day shipping, which if they are shipping it usps, there is no way it is worth the $20 I paid.

I'm in the US.

I'm guessing it actually shipped today.
    12-05-11 05:20 PM
    I actually payed for the 2 day shipping, which if they are shipping it usps, there is no way it is worth the $20 I paid.

I'm in the US.

I'm guessing it actually shipped today.
    I was thinking the same, i paid $49 for the 2 day option to Canada, and i assumed it would be with FedEx or suchlike not USPS !!

Anyway i have gotten a refund of the $49 because i complained.
    12-05-11 05:24 PM
    I also tried the tracking number through USPS and nothing comes up. I'm not suprised though because USPS has made huge cutbacks within the last year or so and the fact that the tracking website does not provide accurate tracking info goes hand and hand with the cutbacks. My company uses USPS for all shipping and we've also come across multiple instances where tracking info was delayed by 3+ days. I am no longer worried and anticipate delivery soon.
    karenkp likes this.
    12-05-11 05:29 PM

PO Number :
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office

YEAH!!!! I just got mine too. Strangely, though, mine says it shipped on Nov 30. I wonder if it went out on the 30th or today?

Either way, progress.
    karenkp likes this.
    12-05-11 05:29 PM
    Jeez ... I feel kinda bad.

I ordered mine on the 27th(16gb) and it was shipped on the 30th with free shipping. I received it on DEC. 2nd. It all went way faster then I anticipated.
    I also ordered one from Bestbuy when they were backordered. . Low and behold it was only about a week extra wait and now I have it also!
    12-05-11 05:40 PM

I ordered mine on the 27th(16gb) and it was shipped on the 30th with free shipping. I received it on DEC. 2nd. It all went way faster then I anticipated.
    I also ordered one from Bestbuy when they were backordered. . Low and behold it was only about a week extra wait and now I have it also!
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think I hate you
    JK-PhD, Doc_D#CB, bllbored and 1 others like this.
    12-05-11 05:45 PM

You SHOULD feel bad! LOL I ordered mine on the 24th and I've yet to get mine. I don't understand WHY people that order days after I did got theirs first. GlobalWare is all screwed up. It's not RIMs fault. I haven't even gotten an email from them telling me it was shipped or a tracking number. I'm hoping I get it by Friday so I can have something to PLAYbook with over the weekend.
    12-05-11 06:09 PM
    Ok, after all I just received mine today, funny cause until today they emailed me saying the package was shipped... Pacience is a virtue... i recommend we all relax, it is comming. PEACE
    To all who have a problem believing that it was indeed Mark who wrote the above, then its really on u, u can believe and get a peace of mind, or just continue worrying lol. Just sayin.
    12-05-11 06:11 PM
    yep, u will get your order soon
    12-05-11 06:13 PM
827 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD