Email reply after emailing for update some few days ago

"Hi XXXX

Here is an update regarding your recent ShopBlackBerry order (SBBCA6545XXXXXXX). We have been shipping many thousands of orders out each day and we are quickly working our way through the tremendous back log that was created as a result of the incredible PlayBook promotion. Rest assured that we do have inventory allocated for all of the orders placed during this promotion.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. We are also working feverishly to make sure we respond to all of your emails and calls. We realize there has been some difficulty getting through to customer service and we have made improvements by adding phone lines and agents and we will continue to do so until you receive the exceptional service you deserve. Currently the most efficient way to receive a response is by emailing [email protected].

As a reminder, you will receive a ship confirmation email once your order has been processed. Once again, thank you for your order and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    ShopBlackBerry Customer Service
    a GlobalWare Solutions Inc. Store"
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 12-03-11 at 01:24 PM.
    12-03-11 01:21 PM
    ... until you receive the exceptional service you deserve.
    Not sure we'll ever see any of that from these guys.
    12-03-11 01:27 PM
    Cross posting:

I know there is a lot of frustration here, we(Globalware) are truly trying to get through the volume of orders. Our+my absolute commitment is that if you have placed an order on shopblackberry.com it will be honored. It will be honored at the price it was advertised, we ask for your understanding and patience. We have ramped up the number of lines, we have ramped up the number of people taking calls and we have ramped up the number of shifts we run to distribute the good, we have ramped up the number of people replying to email.

There are too many comments here for me to really reply to all, but in essence:

. We have placed auto replies on emails so you know that at least it has been received.
    . Again, if you have placed an order on SBB it will be honored.
    . We have NOT charged anyone without shipping the product (we can't)

Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware
    I was charged via my credit card right when I ordered. It was not a temp hold of funds to make sure the money was in there, it was a complete withdraw of funds. Either my credit card company is lying or you guys don't have your act together and are spewing anything to try and calm people down.
    12-03-11 01:28 PM
    Did you have free shipping or did you pay extra for express?
    Not only did i get free shipping, i used a $10 coupon i googled on line. I paid $189 delivered! no tax or shipping. I'm very happy. Actually I got this one for my mother in-law as a gift. I have a 16gig that I paid $300 for. So I can't complain. Anyway I assume that all orders will start to be sent out. Hold tight I'm sure everyone will see their PB's arrive this week.
    12-03-11 01:47 PM
    ordered my 16gig pb on the 26th. originally said inventory hold. thursday said shipped. today it arrived via usps.
    I also ordered the 16GB Playbook on the 26th and online status went from Inventory Hold to Shipped but am still waiting for mine to arrive. Did you receive a shipment confirmation email because I still haven't and my credit card has NOT been charged either. I really hope it arrives this weekend...
    12-03-11 02:01 PM
    I initiated an order via the Blackberry store on the morning of November 28 & was informed at that time...
    ...That the 16GB Playbook I ordered would ship in 1 - 2 days with free shipping.
    ...I logged into the same site approx 3 hours leter and noticed that the site had been updated to say up to 7 days to ship out.

I immediately attempted to call them to confirm my order was still on track as I had opted for overnight shipping....
    ...What followed was nearly 10 hours of being on hold, three voicemails and three emails ALL UNANSWERED.

Thursday of last week I said screw it and sent a fax to every corporate RIM number I could find online....
    ...The next day I got two calls from RIM apologizing for my issues.
    ...Important to note that the RIM REP told me the store was not answering calls from RIM either!

The lady I spoke with was very nice and apologetic & even said she shared in my frustration...
    ...But RIM itself couldn't get in touch with the store.

Kind Sir's, we are simply watching the wheels fall off the wagon which is Blackberry.

My shipping address was different than my billing address as I opted to have it delivered to my work address...
    ...As of yet I've not got any notices other than the confirmation of my order & one additional email.
    ...Saying that I should expect up to 7 business days for the order to actually ship.

When the actual Corporate headquarters admits they have lost control of their own subcontractor even a simpleton can do the math on that. It's just another sad spectacle in a series of sad spectacles. When RIM contracts with a company like this even a dullard should be able to formulate how far the once mighty RIM has sunk.

Can anyone seriously imagine this happening with Apple?
    Last edited by pythons; 12-03-11 at 02:33 PM.
    12-03-11 02:22 PM
    i never got anything from them. Just the PB. No email saying shipped or anything. I just kept checking.
    12-03-11 02:40 PM
    Hey guys i spoke to a lady on the phone about my order. She said she will re order it for me. I checked my order history and it doesnt say cancelled anymore but it doesnt say anything. I was wondering if anyone else is getting this?
    Anyone wanna reply
    12-03-11 02:59 PM
    i never got anything from them. Just the PB. No email saying shipped or anything. I just kept checking.
    So you didnt get any emails and they just sent the PB to you? How long did it take to arrive from when you ordered it?
    12-03-11 03:04 PM
    Just got this in the last few seconds......the first email reply i have gotten from Globalware in maybe 10 tries.

" Your order will be shipped out within the next 5 to 7 days. You will receive an order confirmation email once your unit has shipped. Thank you for your order.

Thank you,
    John R.
    Order Support
    ShopBlackberry.com "

Considering i was told on the phone on Thursday my order had SHIPPED and would be wit me on Friday ( never arrived ) this is pretty sickening...

So is that another 5 to 7 on top of the already passed 6 days ????
    12-03-11 03:18 PM
    ordered my 16gig pb on the 26th. originally said inventory hold. thursday said shipped. today it arrived via usps.
    So, if you get free shipping in the US it is delivered through USPS? I got mine ordered they said it is "shipped", but haven't sent an email. (Yes I know im a noob to CB)
    12-03-11 05:13 PM
    So, if you get free shipping in the US it is delivered through USPS? I got mine ordered they said it is "shipped", but haven't sent an email. (Yes I know im a noob to CB)
    It seems that no one is receiving emails with tracking/shipping information. Playbook orders just happen to show up at your door without a warning or you knowing according to people that have received theirs so far. I find it a bit silly lol
    12-03-11 05:22 PM
    Are they seeing changes in their order status?? I am not seeing anything under my order status...which is an improvement from cancelled.
    12-03-11 05:24 PM
    Globalware seems to have changed its support service to a company called S2G support services.

http://www.s2g.net/

This is where my email came from, unless its another arm of Globalware, it makes sense if they have quickly hired this company to help sort out the mess that we are getting emails saying we have another 5 to 7 days till shipping.

It seems as many have pointed out that no one is receiving an email ragarding shipping and with a tracking number, i paid a lot for the laughable "Express" shipping....i want a tracking number or i want my $50 back !!!

*EDIT it seems it is another arm of Globalware *
    Last edited by cogsinister; 12-03-11 at 05:44 PM.
    12-03-11 05:37 PM
    HOPE!!!!

I ordered mine on the 26th, inventory hold forever, said "shipped" on Thursday. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get mine today!!!!!
    12-03-11 06:06 PM
    I am one of only two blackberry users working alongside what I have liked to call Apple drones... I have defended RIM and ridiculed my friends for being suckers for great marketing. That is until recently. I refained from purchasing the playbook when it first came out because I was waiting for the ability to run android apps and more importantly native email. Things that were promised in a matter of weeks from launch. Months later and still nothing. However, I couldn't pass up the $300 discount so I went ahead and ordered it off sbb on November 27th only to be duped again. It originally said it would be shipped in 1 - 2 business days. Three days later it has changed to 5 - 7 business days... Then it said shipped but my card hasn't been charged and still no Playbook. I have emailed with no response and after sitting on hold for hours, I finally just gave up. I am finding it harder and harder to carry my blackberry smartphone with pride. I actually stopped by the AT&T store the other day and found myself checking out the IPad. I never thought I would get so low
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-04-11 07:11 PM
    I am one of only two blackberry users working alongside what I have liked to call Apple drones... I have defended RIM and ridiculed my friends for being suckers for great marketing. That is until recently. I refained from purchasing the playbook when it first came out because I was waiting for the ability to run android apps and more importantly native email. Things that were promised in a matter of weeks from launch. Months later and still nothing. However, I couldn't pass up the $300 discount so I went ahead and ordered it off sbb on November 27th only to be duped again. It originally said it would be shipped in 1 - 2 business days. Three days later it has changed to 5 - 7 business days... Then it said shipped but my card hasn't been charged and still no Playbook. I have emailed with no response and after sitting on hold for hours, I finally just gave up. I am finding it harder and harder to carry my blackberry smartphone with pride. I actually stopped by the AT&T store the other day and found myself checking out the IPad. I never thought I would get so low
    As somebody who is very frustrated with the last week and the ordering of the Playbook, I personally do not hold RIM responsible for it. Globalware is the company that is responsible for this debacle. I know that a major company contracting out the 3rd party IS responsible for what is happening with their product, but I have a tough time being upset at RIM. I just don't think they anticipated the price reduction would create such a demand. I'm sure you're not the only one using this last week as a reason to bash/leave BB, but I'm just excited that 1) I'm getting a Playbook 2) a whole bunch of other people are too.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes on Monday. Until then... I will carry my 9810 (which I love), unbridged to a Playbook, with pride.
    Last edited by marcho11; 12-04-11 at 09:43 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-04-11 09:11 PM
    Dear Unhappy SBB users,

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience using our store. But some points for you:

o - We had an unbelievable increase in volume that our call center was just not able to keep up with, we are putting many additional resources in place to help address. So I am very sorry about the wait times and frustrations this has caused.
    o - Sometime it's plain hard to deal with such large volume increases.
    o - Fraud on electronic goods is such a tough thing to manage, I deeply apologies if you have incorrectly received an email and order cancellation incorrectly. Please email [email protected] and someone will call you to fix your order.
    o - All, absolutely all orders will be honored.
    o - Among blackberry friends, this has been a good thing, we have seen a phenomenal acceptance of the playbook. Obviously RIM found the right price point, please be patient, your playbook IS on its way.

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions
    (the company running SBB.COM)
    My 2 for $300 order was not honoured.
    12-04-11 09:51 PM
    Haha...I ordered a 64GB Playbook last week...the day after they were supposed to ship it, and after Hours of phone calls trying to get a Tracking Number, I get an e-mail telling me my order is cancelled as well...asking me to e-mail them back with my contact info (which was already given to them in my order)...so I sent them an e-mail...got nothing back...not even an auto-response.

I know what these guys are going through though...I've called dozens of times...only to get hung up on after about 80 seconds...this is thoroughly ridiculous.

I'm all kindsa tired of the excuses though...why didn't they plan for this??? RIM is huge...they knew this was going to happen. All they have is one excuse after another. And they are pretty half-valid excuses.

I'm not trying to flame the company...I jes want to know where is the accountability. I seriously want to get through on the phone, so I can fix this whole situation, but, I take a step back and can't believe I'm anxious to get into a conversation with a call center.

I know I can jes go out and buy the 64GB Playbook I ordered elsewhere, but, the discount is over...so...now what???

This has seriously shaken and pushed me past my limits...I love my BlackBerry...but...I'm seriously not happy with the way this has gone down...I will no longer defend RIM against the iSheep of the world...it's occured to me that this is what a collapsing company looks like...

It's truly sad...
    Last edited by Craeven; 12-05-11 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Is there another number to call besides 1-866-975-0761?? Anyone have Jim Balsillie, or Mike Lazaridis' PIN please??
    12-05-11 11:33 AM
    Haha...I ordered a 64GB Playbook last week...the day after they were supposed to ship it, and after Hours of phone calls trying to get a Tracking Number, I get an e-mail telling me my order is cancelled as well...asking me to e-mail them back with my contact info (which was already given to them in my order)...so I sent them an e-mail...got nothing back...not even an auto-response.

I know what these guys are going through though...I've called dozens of times...only to get hung up on after about 80 seconds...this is thoroughly ridiculous.

I'm all kindsa tired of the excuses though...why didn't they plan for this??? RIM is huge...they knew this was going to happen. All they have is one excuse after another. And they are pretty half-valid excuses.

I'm not trying to flame the company...I jes want to know where is the accountability. I seriously want to get through on the phone, so I can fix this whole situation, but, I take a step back and can't believe I'm anxious to get into a conversation with a call center.

I know I can jes go out and buy the 64GB Playbook I ordered elsewhere, but, the discount is over...so...now what???

This has seriously shaken and pushed me past my limits...I love my BlackBerry...but...I'm seriously not happy with the way this has gone down...I will no longer defend RIM against the iSheep of the world...it's occured to me that this is what a collapsing company looks like...

It's truly sad...
    Try this phone number, answers quick and no cut offs.

1-888-805-6789
    marcho11 likes this.
    12-05-11 11:43 AM
    Called the Canada number a little while ago to check on the status of my oder. I was told it was "waiting approval."
    After the first order (11/24) was cancelled due to "The Glitch", I managed to place a new order 12/1 and was told Thursday night it would go out in 1 - 2 business days. I received the confirmation email right after I ordered it.
    Friday I was told it would go out in 3 - 5 business days and the information I received Thursday night was incorrect.
    I realize that today doesn't actually fall in the 3-5 business day window I was quoted Friday, but when I pushed the issue today to get a better idea of when it might ship, the nice gentlement just said, "we can't keep up with all of the orders."
    I told him I was tired of doing business with them. I had no interest in giving them my money and asked him to cancel the order.
    I don't need a PB, I simply had an opportunity to get one. Maybe it will go on sale again. Maybe not.
    At this point in time, RIM and/or Globalware doesn't deserve my time, money or support. They've had over a week to fix their mistakes.
    I am saddened and disapointed that over the past week, RIM has done nothing to address this debacle.

I want to believe in RIM as the underdog in the current telecommunitions market. I want to believe that they're scurrying away to rebuild their reputation, but I can only wonder if the writing is on the wall. They are out of touch, disorganized and have little control over their vendors.
    Was this sale an attempt to stimulate the market and clear out old inventory to make room for new or was this the first of many going out of business sales?
    I have to wonder if they're trying to liquidate before it all goes bust.
    12-05-11 01:14 PM
    Well i was offered, and took a refund on my "Express" shipping to Canada at $49.

They are claiming my order has shipped, but i wont believe it till i get the shipping confirmation email that it seems no one has yet received ever !!
    12-05-11 01:20 PM
    My 2 for $300 order was not honoured.
    Did you try calling or emailing to get the order rectified? In their last email quoted a few posts above, they state they will honor cancelled orders.
    12-05-11 01:25 PM
    Googling "Globalware Playbook delivery problems " shows a history of late deliveries and lack of communication going back well into the early part of this Summer.....

Oh dear.
    12-05-11 01:51 PM
    After many days of (mostly unanswered) phone calls, I finally reached an actual RIM tech by the name of Kal-El, who took my information, and actually gave me hope that someone at RIM was doing their job, especially when he emailed me back with: "All legitimate orders that have been placed within the promotional period will be honored." I just now used the phone number that Craeven posted above, got right through to Maribel (Globalware, she answered upon inquiry) who offered to re-instate my order as it was placed on Black Friday, which I assume includes the $10 discount code on the $199 promotional price, and free shipping. I was told by her to watch for a confirmation email (I've been here before, and got one right before the cancellation), and expect the Playbook 5-7 days afterward (which sounds mighty familiar on this particular forum, huh?). We'll see... CF's don't last forever, do they? <G>
    12-05-11 01:51 PM
827 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD