A word of caution regarding the accuracy of responses from the CSR. Yesterday's evening person said my order was shipped but that didn't seem right to me. So I called today and was told that it was "completed" but not shipped and they were unable to give a certain shipping date. This makes more sense to me, but to those waiting for a delivery, you may wish to take the advice with a pinch of salt in the absence of a tracking number.
    That is the exact word my CSR used this morning "complete"

Put a damper on my weekend for sure, this company sure sucks.
    mckillio likes this.
    12-02-11 11:05 AM
    A word of caution regarding the accuracy of responses from the CSR. Yesterday's evening person said my order was shipped but that didn't seem right to me. So I called today and was told that it was "completed" but not shipped and they were unable to give a certain shipping date. This makes more sense to me, but to those waiting for a delivery, you may wish to take the advice with a pinch of salt in the absence of a tracking number.
    The rep this morning did say that the order was "complete" and that it had "shipped" this morning. Soo.... I guess it could be one or the other. Also, I asked for a tracking # and he was unable to provide me with one. This is the first time I have ever had any issue(s) with ordering a product online. This sure is a big mess for everyone.
    12-02-11 11:16 AM
    Seems like a little patience goes a long way. I was able to reorder for the $199 price and no problem. So i had to wait a couple of extra days....big deal. Still getting it soon.
    EricB1968 likes this.
    12-02-11 11:29 AM
    So, as posted earlier, I called the Canadian number and had a wonderful experience, though I didn't get the oringinal $10.00 off. No bid deal.
    She said it would ship in 1-2 days, with today being the earliest possible ship date.
    I looked online later and SBB site showed my old order as still cancelled, but it didn't show my new order. So I backed out a few screens and chose the Candadian site instead of the USA site.
    My username password wouldn't work. So I called.
    Today I was told that it will ship in 3-5 business days. When I asked for a way to check my status online, she said their wasn't, I just have to wait for an email.
    I was all excited that the Canadian vendor (which BTW, usualy sells ski goggles, not Blackberry products. Their a different division of Globalware), anyway, I was all excited that they had their stuff together.
    Now, ordinarily, there can be fluctation in ship dates, I get that, but I'm a bit miffed that within 15 hours, I've gotten different bits of information, that I can't even verify online.
    AND, I checked with the person who was originally purchasing this for me (Mom) and she said that the original order has gone through on her credit card, even though Global cancelled it on Tuesday.

Then, RIM posts their Q3 statement and talks about how their warehouses are full of PBs and they've had such a successful promotional sale.
    I don't think RIM, SBB, or Globalware really gives two sh*ts about me as a customer, and I'm wondering how much I want to continue to give RIM my money and support....
    12-02-11 11:30 AM
    Same here total chaos, one says its shipped, one says its not, no emails.

After this i am sticking to bricks and mortar stores for my fire sales.
    The_Adventist likes this.
    12-02-11 11:35 AM
    Any ideas as to why those who ordered after me are starting to get their playbooks? I ordered on thanksgiving morning. Some who ordered sun/mon are starting to get theirs in. Very frustrating. Last two days I have called and they say mine is in the shipping department and should go out soon?

Frustrating to say the least. Starting to think saving the $20 tax wasn't worth it.
    12-02-11 11:59 AM
    wow..I mean we're talking a tablet here right? I'm sure most of us got the same email stating that there'll be a slight delay, extra 5 or 6 days maybe. I saw that email, fine another 5/6 days - if it came after xmas I'd be frustrated but with all the orders they were getting I already expected some delays. The thought of calling them up didn't even cross my mind - what's that going to accomplish? That time is better spent doing other things.They've already informed me of the delay. And then today I see my status changed to 'shipped'. Nothing to worry about here. Geezus people no wonder there's so much high blood pressure going on.
    EricB1968 and Willard814 like this.
    12-02-11 12:15 PM
    Thanks to a post on this thread, I called local staples and found a store with 2 open box units. One was the demo unit and the other was purchases and returned the next day. Said they would give me 10% off so I told them to put my name on the one returned. When I got to the store, the guy couldn't figure out 10% of 199 and put it in for 169 (I pointed out the mistake). Got it for 180 including tax. Set it up last night and works great. I called the second number and made sure my order was not re-instated. So I went from frustrated/angry back to happy. SBB deserves to catch **** for this though.
    FJ8 likes this.
    12-02-11 12:24 PM
    wow..I mean we're talking a tablet here right? I'm sure most of us got the same email stating that there'll be a slight delay, extra 5 or 6 days maybe. I saw that email, fine another 5/6 days - if it came after xmas I'd be frustrated but with all the orders they were getting I already expected some delays. The thought of calling them up didn't even cross my mind - what's that going to accomplish? That time is better spent doing other things.They've already informed me of the delay. And then today I see my status changed to 'shipped'. Nothing to worry about here. Geezus people no wonder there's so much high blood pressure going on.
    I kind of agree with you, i have gotten far too worked up about this, i am going to enjoy my weekend and not give it another thought......

First thing on Monday i will be back on that phone tho !!!!!!

12-02-11 12:25 PM
    Seems like a little patience goes a long way. I was able to reorder for the $199 price and no problem. So i had to wait a couple of extra days....big deal. Still getting it soon.
    Exactly !! ^5 All you need is patience.
    12-02-11 12:29 PM
    I had placed an order for the 16gb playbook on friday (11/25). Also, i got an email on tuesday as most of the people recieved stating there will be shipping delays. Two days back when I visited the site again my order status was mentioned as cancelled and the transaction for the purchase on my credit card was still pending. Today when i check my credit card the transaction seem to have disappeared which mean the order seem to have been cancelled for sure. I had mailed them, tried to reach them over phone even left a message for callback to understand whats happening with my order but no response.

I dont think i would be purchasing anything again through them.
    12-02-11 12:36 PM
    Well here's another thanks to Staples.ca for their fantastic service. From the time of the purchase to my order it took less than 48 hours. As for SBB, I know it was hectic for them but I will definitely give it a very, very long thought next time before placing an online order from them.

My order still says received...
    12-02-11 02:09 PM
    Looks like i might of gotten mine fixed...we will see
    12-02-11 02:54 PM
    I got sick of not hearing anything back, so I called RIM directly. I spoke to the receptionist and she forwarded me back to the support department. They were very nice about the issue and they are aware of it even in their support department. After explaining my situation and my frustration she offered the following advice. (The promotion ends today so I wanted to make sure to take care of it before the end of the day.) She said that I should check to see if my credit card was charged. If it was then call them back and they would pursue it further and ensure that it's taken care of. If not I was to purchase it again and send an email off to the [email protected] email address explaining that I had re-ordered. She asked that I make sure to include the new order number. After ordering mine I printed the order, and double checked with my credit card company to ensure that there was a charge placed. I have done all of that now, and it seems to have gone through. The problem I have now is that the promo code that I used originally didn't work, and that I'm sure that it will be yet more time before it ships, as the site still has the red banner saying that it will take up to 7 days to ship. So I will be following up with that later via [email protected]. I urged the support tech that I talked to please release a statement publicly regarding this incident. I told her that it's really ruining the brand and that the lack of response is really unacceptable. I hope that they do because I really do like the blackberry solution. With that said, I was trying to be patient but since the promotion ends today I wanted to make sure that I was able to purchase one. I really do believe that at this price it's a steal and am willing to deal with problems like fullfillment but lack of contact back about the time sensitive issue 7 days later is unacceptable. Unfortunately this is something that RIM hires out and currently doesn't have much control over. I really hope that they understand how much it hurts their business in the eyes of consumers. It's really bad that they released that they have too much stock of playbooks today too, it really rubs it in.
    blackmarket#AC likes this.
    12-02-11 03:29 PM
    My next door neighbor ordered two PB's, one 16 GB and one 32, Wednesday evening after she saw mine and what it can do. We both went on her PC and to the sbb web site, and after I explained some of the issues some had, she said, well, why not order, my cc is my protection. Anyway, that was Wednesday evening at about 8 PM. I just saw her and she wanted to show me something on her BB phone, and there it was, delivery notice with one package, 2 pieces, Fed Ex, tracking number and all, set for delivery for Wednesday of next week.
    12-02-11 03:37 PM
    Mine still says Received.
    How come every one else is getting shipped now, and before it was inventory hold for them?
    Mine has been received since last Thursday morning when i ordered it!
    Join the club. I order mine the morning of 11/24 and mine still says "Received" while others order days after me and theirs are getting shipped or got them already. I called that number someone posted earlier and the girl told me "your order is in the shipping process". So I figure I will get mine in two weeks.
    12-02-11 04:05 PM
    Join the club. I order mine the morning of 11/24 and mine still says "Received" while others order days after me and theirs are getting shipped or got them already. I called that number someone posted earlier and the girl told me "your order is in the shipping process". So I figure I will get mine in two weeks.
    I ordered mine on the 25th at 11:30am est. has been in the Received status up until this afternoon. Now the status is marked shipped. Still no email telling me it was shipped. You would think I would of received an email first saying it was shipped.
    12-02-11 04:16 PM
    I ordered mines (64gb) on 11/28. Never got an email about shipping. Instead I received an automated phone call yesterday from FedEX. FedEx just left my house. PB has been delivered. I chose the free shipping also.
    12-02-11 04:32 PM
    I ordered mines (64gb) on 11/28. Never got an email about shipping. Instead I received an automated phone call yesterday from FedEX. FedEx just left my house. PB has been delivered. I chose the free shipping also.
    I ordered mine on the same day paid a fortune for express shipping to Canada and i still don't have it.
    12-02-11 04:43 PM
    Lucky. Wish I got mine today. I also placed an order on Mon the 28th. For 2 16GB. Enjoy your PB!!
    12-02-11 04:49 PM
    I ordered mine on the 25th at 11:30am est. has been in the Received status up until this afternoon. Now the status is marked shipped. Still no email telling me it was shipped. You would think I would of received an email first saying it was shipped.
    WOW!!! Congrats!!

I'm still in received status. I'm wondering if I will ever see these orders.

My credit card company told be to call back on Monday or Tuesday and start the process to dispute the charges since no shipment has been made.

Giving it until Dec 9 then cancelling everything and starting the disputing process.
    12-02-11 06:07 PM
    WOW!!! Congrats!!

I'm still in received status. I'm wondering if I will ever see these orders.

My credit card company told be to call back on Monday or Tuesday and start the process to dispute the charges since no shipment has been made.

Giving it until Dec 9 then cancelling everything and starting the disputing process.
    So have they taken money out of your account and seemingly not yet shipped ?
    12-02-11 06:35 PM
    In my opinion, misinformation is worse than no information. In prior posts I've noted conflicting accounts of the status of my orders. Having been told that the orders were shipped last night, I was told they were not shipped earlier today. Only problem was that when I got home, one order, some accessories, was waiting for me! I called again---accessories won't be much use without the Playbook! However, the person I spoke to could only say that the order was "out the door". But no tracking number and she told me that they had limited information for "security reasons".

I'm still waiting for the e-mail confirming that the package that arrived had been shipped!
    12-02-11 07:05 PM
    Yep same story here, conflicting information, its shipped and will be with you tomorrow....when it had not shipped at all.

I think the new team of telephone people they have quickly trained up are not at all sure what is going on as well and give people conflicting story's.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-02-11 07:39 PM
    Alas,

As the sun sets in California, so do my hopes of getting my Playbook this week. I guess I'll hope for early next week.

I have to admit, as someone that is normally quite patient and understanding of mistakes/bumps in the road, I'm getting frustrated. I have gotten no response from numerous emails to define "inventory hold," and the lack of information as to if "shipped" means in route or sitting in a box ready to go or something else.... This combined with the fact that is seems EVERYBODY is having a similar experience, I'm getting frustrated.

I gotta admit, I'm inching closer to saying that I'll never purchase anything through shopblackberry.com again.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but realistically hoping for mon/tue
    12-02-11 07:57 PM
827 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD