So I called the number that was posted recently (1888-805-6789) just after 15 minutes of being on hold a very nice girl answered the phone (pretty quick compared to the numbers I've tried before) I gave her my SBB# and she was able to provide me with accurate information regarding my order(s) I placed 2 so there were 2 order #'s. She told me that my order is in "shipping status" and that it will ship and I will receive a confirmation email shortly after it ships. Although my card wasn't charged yet, she said that it will be charged right before it leaves their shipping warehouse.

Sounds good to me.
    Were you one of the people who had teh cancelled order?
    IF yes ill just wait till 2mro and call them and try sort this out instead of trying to buy a more expensive one.
    12-01-11 09:17 PM
    Were you one of the people who had teh cancelled order?
    IF yes ill just wait till 2mro and call them and try sort this out instead of trying to buy a more expensive one.
    Nope, my order wasn't cancelled. I placed my order this Monday and just received 2 emails containing both order receipts and another 2 emails stating my order #'s and to expect an additional 6-7 days for it to ship. I didn't receive any callelation notice or traking # info that is why I called and was provided with that info. All sounds good to me, I just hope it gets here sooner than later.

If my Playbook doesn't arrive this Saturday it should be here come Mon-Tues.
    12-01-11 09:26 PM
    Nope, my order wasn't cancelled. I placed my order this Monday and just received 2 emails containing both order receipts and another 2 emails stating my order #'s and to expect an additional 6-7 days for it to ship. I didn't receive any callelation notice or traking # info that is why I called and was provided with that info. All sounds good to me, I just hope it gets here sooner than later.

If my Playbook doesn't arrive this Saturday it should be here come Mon-Tues.

Oh lucky. I made mine on sunday night. Im just gonna hope i can sort it out. If anything ill have to beg my dad to get the 32 gig.

Becareful though i got those emails as well then they got cancelled but i think you are safe
    12-01-11 09:31 PM
    *groan*

I really dislike the term 'rape' being used so cavalierly. Sorry, it irks me.

Glad people are getting some movement on their orders. I've been watching this thread with interest because it seems like its the perfect storm of errors. The frustration must be unreal.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-01-11 11:58 PM
    BB apparently has received more inventory from its factory, and is now willing to ship the 16gb PB. It's method of dealing with the oversold status is deplorable and certainly won't help its reputation any. In my case, I ordered 3 PBs as soon as RIM anounced it was selling them directly from its web site at $199. I received two acknowledgements of the order. I had created an account, and the order was there in my account. There was nothing wrong with my billing and shipping addresses, or at my bank. And, I had not used the $10 discount coupon code. So, none of RIM's lies apply; they are simply that--lies. I'm not unduly surprised. Unfortunately, all too many companies think they can get ahead by lying to their consumers. We'll see if it works for RIM. Me, I think RIM would have been ahead simply admitting that it screwed up in accepting orders it could not fill...
    12-02-11 12:16 AM
    ordered on the 26th. I Emailed them 5+ times to change the shipping address. NO answers. So I Emailed them a few more times to cancel the order. Again no answers. Today I got up at 5-6am (I slept at 2am after finishing work) and waited on the line for 2+hrs (gj there goes 2 hrs of my sleep, unpaid work) and finally someone picked up my call. The rep told me that my order will be cancelled in 24hr. I just logged on a few min ago and it says shipped... ARE YOU ****TING ME? ARE YOU???? If you were shipping to my new address then there would be no problem. The old address remains unchanged. Now someone else will get it? I asked for a cancellation.... for god's sake....... I ordered another pb from a local store. If this one doesnt show up Im pretty sure Im getting other tablets. Its just too stressing, I have other things to worry about in life.
    If you get them, sell them on crackberry or ebay. you might even get more money for them.
    12-02-11 03:05 AM
    Just so people know, RadioShack is back in stock with the 16GB Playbooks. I just ordered one from them.
    snapfoo and Cpt.GargameL like this.
    12-02-11 03:53 AM
    I see the Canadian site says out of stock for the 16g PB at $499, but the US site is IN stock of the 16g at $199 !
    12-02-11 06:06 AM
    Thank you everyone for posting the information while dealing with shopblackberry. Especially prich01 for posting the new number.

I had my 16gb order cancelled due to the high risk transaction, so I ordered a 32gb playbook instead. Due to my error, I ended up ordering a second 32gb playbook. Like most here I tried emailing and calling a few times with no results.

Called the new number right at 8am this morning and got straight through (and I mean straight through mayb 15 to 20 seconds wait at most) to a lovely women. She was very polite and was able to help me confirm my cancellation of my 16gb order and the second 32gb order. She informed me that my other 32gb order is marked as shipped. So that it should sent in the next four to five days.

I know it is frustrating but go easy on the call centre staff. I hope everyone gets their orders straightened out!

Thanks again for everyone help!
    12-02-11 07:29 AM
    I am sat looking out the front window waiting for my PB to turn up, as i was told last night on the phone that it would.

Wish i had a tracking number......but i don't.
    12-02-11 07:39 AM
    I wonder how many people who ordered on the 25th are still waiting for word on shipping. My order status says received. I hesitate to call because they don't need the hassle when things are very busy. I think I will see if anything changes by Monday.
    12-02-11 08:26 AM
    I wonder how many people who ordered on the 25th are still waiting for word on shipping. My order status says received. I hesitate to call because they don't need the hassle when things are very busy. I think I will see if anything changes by Monday.
    That new phone number 1-888-805-6789 is very fast to answer, give it a try.
    12-02-11 08:39 AM
    Well I didn't have the same wonderful experience dealing with SBB as everyone else has. Sucks to be me I guess.

Called on Nov 30 the 1-800 number that came with the cancellation notice and, after 51 minutes on hold, spoke to someone who kept saying management will look into this. Nothing.

I called the 1-888-805-6789 number and was on hold for 25 minutes. I was talking to a rep who terminated our call about 3 minutes in. She either hung up or had technical issues.

I called back and spoke to Dave (after another 25 minutes on hold) and he said my order will not be honored and that I would have to place a new order at $199 instead of the $189.

So I have 4 orders in the system. Nov 24 order - cancelled , Nov 25 order - in inventory confusion, Nov 30 order - authorized but not shipped yet, and now my replacement order.

Once bitten twice shy. Buying locally next time. I won't buy off of SBB again.

If you had good experience with them then I'm happy for you.

***No I am not freaking out. Just annoyed.
    Key Guy likes this.
    12-02-11 09:06 AM
    I don't know if they are trying to mislead people now or what but on the SBB site, on the main page you see this: (See attached image) and then when you go to your cart you see that the price is back to $199. Same thing for Radioshack.
    12-02-11 09:18 AM
    I don't know if they are trying to mislead people now or what but on the SBB site, on the main page you see this: (See attached image) and then when you go to your cart you see that the price is back to $199. Same thing for Radioshack.
    What part of the site is that ?

The US part is showing them in stock for $199 ( or was) and the Canadian site says out of stock for the 16 gig for me.
    12-02-11 09:28 AM
    That new phone number 1-888-805-6789 is very fast to answer, give it a try.
    Tried that number and got a rep in less than five minutes. Thanks!!
    12-02-11 09:30 AM
    Tried that number and got a rep in less than five minutes. Thanks!!
    Glad to have helped .
    12-02-11 09:32 AM
    What part of the site is that ?

The US part is showing them in stock for $199 ( or was) and the Canadian site says out of stock for the 16 gig for me.
    That's the US site. I tried calling the new # again and I keep getting a busy tone.
    12-02-11 09:33 AM
    That's the US site. I tried calling the new # again and I keep getting a busy tone.
    The PB's on the US site are still $300 off for another 1 day 12 hours, it looks like the price on the page has gone up the same as the Canadian site where the sale is over and the prices are back to normal.

All the country specific web sites on shopblackberry are in fact the same site with a few differences for inventory and currency ect, seems the US and Canadian site are veru closely linked.
    12-02-11 09:38 AM
    Yes, I am see the same thing! I ordered 16gb in hopes that I will receive it before Christmas. But yes, very misleading....But being a member of this forum I have been taught one has to dig deep to find what they are looking for!
    Thanks,
    She
    12-02-11 09:45 AM
    Well after being told last night by a rep on that new number that my PB had shipped and would arrive today, i thought i would call back to confirm

well its not going to arrive today and no one seems sure if its shipped or not, SBB say the order is "complete " and it has been charged for, but my mom in law ( the buyer of the PB on my behalf ) says nothing has come out of her account as of a little while ago.

I was happy, now i feel sick gain.
    12-02-11 10:23 AM
    Glad many of you had success. I called the new SBB number and was instructed my order was cancelled, and there was nothing they could do, as there was no inventory available. My order for a 16GB Playbook was placed on 11/25 and the pending charge is still showing up on my AE account.

I called RIM customer service and they stated that they were aware of the problem with their 3rd-party vendor, but there was nothing they could do other than document the complaint. This has been very disappointing and does not reflect well on RIM.
    12-02-11 10:29 AM
    Just wanted to pop in and say, thank you to Staples for saving the day my Playbooks were just delivered. I know my kids will have big smiles on their faces come Christmas morning when they open up their Blackberry boxes.

To Globalware Solutions/ Shop Blackberry I hope you get coal in your stockings, you will never get my business again. I'm so happy to be done with you!

Finally, thanks to everyone in this thread for the updates, for sharing your frustrations and the laughs you provided while we waited to see what Globalware was going to do.

I hope everyone that wanted a Playbook was able to get one and that you all have a great Christmas.
    Last edited by Key Guy; 12-02-11 at 10:59 AM.
    12-02-11 10:50 AM
    I just gave them a ring and was told that my orders were shipped out this morning and it should be arriving within 3-5 business days. I placed my order this Monday.
    12-02-11 10:54 AM
    A word of caution regarding the accuracy of responses from the CSR. Yesterday's evening person said my order was shipped but that didn't seem right to me. So I called today and was told that it was "completed" but not shipped and they were unable to give a certain shipping date. This makes more sense to me, but to those waiting for a delivery, you may wish to take the advice with a pinch of salt in the absence of a tracking number.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-02-11 10:58 AM
827 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD