I havent read the whole thread, but it is highly unlikely they ran out of playbooks. They also have an employee deal going on right now, which i doubt they would have implemented if there were not enough going around.
    From the utter chaos and ineptitude of the last few days it would not surprise me one bit if RIM were selling PB's to staff at $99 and leaving us waiting.......
    12-01-11 04:50 PM
    From the utter chaos and ineptitude of the last few days it would not surprise me one bit if RIM were selling PB's to staff at $99 and leaving us waiting.......
    dunno about that, even employees have to have them shipped and are only guarenteed shippment by Dec. 22. Sounds like a major screw up on the part of the company it is outsourced too, while RIM is held responsible for ensuring the issue gets fixed, it isnt their fault if something happens, where I work (not RIM) alot of our software is outsourced and there isnt much we can do about it if it goes down, we have to rely on the other company to fix it for us.

Hopefully they get it sorted out.

(excuse my grammar, feeling under the weather today)
    12-01-11 05:01 PM
    "As part of an industry standard fraud detection system, some orders that were placed with ShopBlackBerry for the recent BlackBerry PlayBook promotion were flagged as being a high-risk transaction. Customers who received these notices can contact ShopBlackBerry via email at [email protected], quoting their order number, and ShopBlackBerry will assist them with working through their order. All legitimate orders that have been placed within the promotional period will be honored.

Thank You

Lauren S.

Order Support

ShopBlackberry.com"

Another email...i feel like its just a computer that keeps responding random replies to me
    12-01-11 05:16 PM
    This thread should be renamed "Noobs Gone Wild." Pretty much all I see are a half-dozen or so posters who joined CB in the last couple of weeks arguing with each other.
    Thank You. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's pointed that out.
    12-01-11 05:21 PM
    I emailed Globalware direct from the box on there website and got this back...from a REAL person ( note the very last part about training more staff ) !!

" We appreciate your BlackBerry order and we are glad you were able to take advantage of some great promotions. Due to unexpected and extremely high demand, it may a few extra days to ship your order (please allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery). We do have inventory allocated to all customers who have placed orders so it is not an out of stock issue. We will send a shipped confirmation email once your order has been processed.

If you have a question regarding your order, please log in to your account (you must have created an account at time of purchase):

Account Log In:

Go to: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=wLdMFD9p then click on "My Account" at the top of the screen and then "Order History" on the left under Account Information

For additional support please email us at [email protected] quoting your order number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also call customer service at 1-866-957-0761, but as you mentioned there is a long wait at this time. We have trained additional agents and these teams have been coming online and additional phone lines have been added.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

Chris

"
    Last edited by cogsinister; 12-01-11 at 05:26 PM.
    12-01-11 05:23 PM
    i ordered mine on monday and i just checked on the blackberry site and it doesnt say inventory hold anymore on my account it says shipped but i havent gotten a confirmation email saying that it was shipped
    12-01-11 06:35 PM
    Ordered mine on Sunday. Checked earlier and it was inventory hold. Now shows as shipped.
    12-01-11 06:50 PM
    Oooh i ordered on Monday as well i hope mine is near to shipping ( the web tracking dont work for me...long story )
    12-01-11 06:54 PM
    I ordered mine on sunday got cancelled on tuesday night
    12-01-11 06:57 PM
    I ordered mine on sunday got cancelled on tuesday night
    Well ive had no cancellation notice.......so fingers crossed.
    12-01-11 06:59 PM
    Try this number 1-888-805-6789 for shopblackberry.com Apparently its a Canadian number but I got through within 5 minutes. Gave them my order # and he pulled it right up. Said it was in the shipping department and should go out in next day or two. At least that is some news.

Not sure why my order still shows as received but who knows. We will see....
    firepsych, cogsinister and Pilon69 like this.
    12-01-11 07:22 PM
    Just got one at staples in pico Rivera, CA. If my sbb goes thru, I'll just sell it.
    12-01-11 07:26 PM
    The hold on my credit card was cancelled, so I picked up the last of the Staple's PB within 20 miles earlier today.
    12-01-11 07:30 PM
    I have a low post count but certainly not a noob. I have an ipad 2 but thought i would like to have a seven in tablet also. Out of the many out there and i did my homework i wanted to buy this one. Discount or not i try to buy direct being in retail to support the direct source when they are down such as rim is. People have been quite helpful in the other threads and very welcoming. People should be thankful the "noobs" are here. I mean you have to start somewhere right? Since its becoming a hassle here and the bickering is starting i will just head back to the apple forums where things are more civil. My products are delivered and i know that 1-800-my-apple has my back 24/7.
    12-01-11 08:07 PM
    I ordered mine last sunday at 1 pm. It showed inventory hold till this morning. I check my account a few minutes ago and now it shows shipped but I didn't get email with trucking #. Hope to get it before weekend.
    12-01-11 08:08 PM
    Try this number 1-888-805-6789 for shopblackberry.com Apparently its a Canadian number but I got through within 5 minutes. Gave them my order # and he pulled it right up. Said it was in the shipping department and should go out in next day or two. At least that is some news.

Not sure why my order still shows as received but who knows. We will see....
    Three cheers for the Newbie.
    I just called this number and had my order reinstated with a new order number.
    I spoke to the nicest person on the planet (other than my wife and mother).
    I warned her that their number was out there and asked her if they could handle the onslaught of calls once their number was promoted and she assured me that she could.

She verified that my order was cancelled and under review because of a high fraud alert due to my shipping and billing address being wrong. She also verified that the original promo went horribly wrong.

She couldn't use the coupon code, but I'm willing to forgoe the $10.00 discount.

Have at it folks and if you call, be really, really, really nice.

And for all of you out there who bashed the newbies who joined the CB Nation just to post and complain on this thread, I have choice words for all you which I'll leave to your imagination.
    12-01-11 08:13 PM

Ok guys... I'm not sure if this is correct but it does make sense:

So I called the number mentioned above and yes it picks up in less than 10 min. The issue is not just the addresses... But also the COUPON CODE. Sbb was made aware that this code was sprawled all over the internet and was therefore not expecting so many people to use it. And before you start to say that this can't be... This has happened to me before. I had a LEGIT coupon for select blurays at target, but they could not honor it because they found out that it was posted on slickdeals.

Anyway, they have to cancel your order and redo it. I asked for free expedited shipping and got it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-11 08:18 PM
    I tried to buy 3 16GB, used 3 different credit cards, but all my orders failed. I called almost 20 times to get the CS menu, had to wait for 30mins, then, a rep told me the address was not the one on record, I called my bank they said the transactions never reached the bank, ShopBlackberry was simply not allowing me to place the order.

I end up buying 3 32GB from Amazon for $275 each.
    12-01-11 08:23 PM
    So I called the number that was posted recently (1888-805-6789) just after 15 minutes of being on hold a very nice girl answered the phone (pretty quick compared to the numbers I've tried before) I gave her my SBB# and she was able to provide me with accurate information regarding my order(s) I placed 2 so there were 2 order #'s. She told me that my order is in "shipping status" and that it will ship and I will receive a confirmation email shortly after it ships. Although my card wasn't charged yet, she said that it will be charged right before it leaves their shipping warehouse.

Sounds good to me.
    12-01-11 08:41 PM
    Mine still says Received.
    How come every one else is getting shipped now, and before it was inventory hold for them?
    Mine has been received since last Thursday morning when i ordered it!
    Bckrrupps37 likes this.
    12-01-11 08:45 PM
    How come every one else is getting shipped now, and before it was inventory hold for them?
    Mine also says received, but I called them today and they told me it is in the warehouse packed and ready to be shipped. So hopefully it will make its way out of the warehouse tomorrow.
    12-01-11 08:50 PM
    maybe received means order received and inventory hold means they are holding it for you
    12-01-11 09:07 PM
    Did anybody who ordered it for 189 get it shipped?
    12-01-11 09:08 PM
    Did anybody who ordered it for 189 get it shipped?
    I placed 2 orders at $189.00 both, of course with different order #'s. The coupon didn't work for 2 Playbooks in one order. I recently called that # posted and the representative told me that my order(s) are in "shipping status" so I guess that's a go. I should be receiving a confirmation email with tracking info soon she said
    12-01-11 09:15 PM
    I just called that new number, after about 25 mins it was answered by a nice guy called Andre.

He informed me my PB had Shipped, and would be with me tomorrow !!!!

I ordered mine on Monday morning by the way and i am in Atlantic Canada.

He could not give me a tracking number, and i told him i got no shipping email.

But anyway, we shall see what happens tomorrow.
    12-01-11 09:17 PM
827 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD