I'm a little surprised that no one has picked up on the poor grammar? Spelling? I question that any CIO wrote it!!
    He probably wrote it after having no sleep for 2 days and having his A** chewed off by HIS boss....
    12-01-11 02:48 PM
    Mine was cancelled from credit card but still says received
    12-01-11 02:54 PM
    LOL, I guess they shouldn't get anything but enough food to feed themselves and a roof over their head, since they will live without anything else.

I am sure that's how you must live your life too.

But seriously, that person is just disappointed that their kids may not get the Christmas gift that they expected to get for them. I am sure the majority of the population in the "First World" cares about what gifts their children get for Christmas.
    When I said "live", I didn't only mean that they should just receive the essentials to /live/. They'll "live" in the sense that they'll be fine without new $199 Playbooks on Christmas Day.

Yeah, I can understand his disappointment. I lived through many weekends (two months worth?) of obtaining firesale Touchpads for friends and family. When I saw the message on slickdeals.net's Touchpad thread about "First World problem", it just puts things into perspective. Why do anyone of us think that we "deserve" Touchpad/Playbooks at the reduced price? Because we were able to type in a few things, click a few times? You /can/ still buy Playbooks for a more expensive price if you really, really had to have one. The discounted price is a very nice perk and isn't worth getting completely bent out of shape over. Electronics will get better and cheaper...

Good luck to those still wanting one on this thread. Hope you get one...
    12-01-11 02:57 PM

Well according to CIO Mark we are ALL going to get one.
    12-01-11 03:01 PM
    When I said "live", I didn't only mean that they should just receive the essentials to /live/. They'll "live" in the sense that they'll be fine without new $199 Playbooks on Christmas Day.

Yeah, I can understand his disappointment. I lived through many weekends (two months worth?) of obtaining firesale Touchpads for friends and family. When I saw the message on slickdeals.net's Touchpad thread about "First World problem", it just puts things into perspective. Why do anyone of us think that we "deserve" Touchpad/Playbooks at the reduced price? Because we were able to type in a few things, click a few times? You /can/ still buy Playbooks for a more expensive price if you really, really had to have one. The discounted price is a very nice perk and isn't worth getting completely bent out of shape over. Electronics will get better and cheaper...

Alrighty then

im getting a ipad 2 in 18 months
    12-01-11 03:01 PM
    I got 3 emails. They are all responding from different emails ive sent them.

The first one i got i showed you in a post above. I sent an email this morning with my information order code and what not and they sent an email saying it is cancelled and thats it.

I emailed them back and thats it.

I got a 2nd email from them soon after but not responding to the email i just sent. They responded to an email i sent right after i found out my order was cancelled and i was trying to find out what else i can do.

All this email said was the number i could call to reorder. also it was sent by the same email address but there was a different name at the bottom of the email.

The 3rd email i got was responding to an email i sent about shipping time before it got cancelled. They said my order will be shipped in 5-7 days and i will get an shipping confirmation.

Seems like they got a new email sending automatic responses to people starting with the most recent emails....im kinda pissed. I really dont know what to do with this information.
    12-01-11 03:13 PM
    I just called the RIM number on the Blackberry site.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Contact Research In Motion (RIM)
    Yep, called Canada from Georgia.
    Granted, the person who answer the phones does just that, answer phones. She's not in the decision making ranks, but she was really nice. She said that they don't know anything either. She's been getting calls all day. RIM has sent emails to Global and RIM is waiting for a response from Global. Basically, RIM doesn't know what's going on.
    It could be an honest answer, which is really troubling.
    It could be the party line. And RIM knows more than they're saying, which is really troubling.
    dragonx6 likes this.
    12-01-11 03:26 PM
    After all the madness, I never got to order my PB. Well I never gave up and found 1 today at staples in Oviedo Florida and the girl said they had more. Thank you Jesus
    oemastiff likes this.
    12-01-11 03:31 PM
    SBB Canadian website now states the offer ends on Dec 1st, 2010 which is in 65 days and 23 hours :S
    12-01-11 03:34 PM
    SBB Canadian website now states the offer ends on Dec 1st, 2010 which is in 65 days and 23 hours :S
    Says 6 hours to me.....
    12-01-11 03:38 PM
    I just called the RIM number on the Blackberry site.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Contact Research In Motion (RIM)
    Yep, called Canada from Georgia.
    Granted, the person who answer the phones does just that, answer phones. She's not in the decision making ranks, but she was really nice. She said that they don't know anything either. She's been getting calls all day. RIM has sent emails to Global and RIM is waiting for a response from Global. Basically, RIM doesn't know what's going on.
    It could be an honest answer, which is really troubling.
    It could be the party line. And RIM knows more than they're saying, which is really troubling.
    If RIM send Globalware an email, it's only going to bounce back with a Bot response.
    12-01-11 03:39 PM
    I just received a phone call from FedEx saying my package will be delivered tomorrow. This is after I sent numerous emails to cancel the order, even tried to get my bank to cancel the transaction. The payment went thru today, ordered it on 11/28. I will go ahead and keep it at this point and return the Walmart playbook this weekend.
    This is what I don't understand. I order mine four days before you did and I have not received any shipment status but yours is on it's way. I'm happy for you. Perhaps I should bombard them with emails too. Sheesh!
    12-01-11 03:45 PM
    I ordered on 11/28. The money was taken out on 11/28 and then put back in on the 28th. They took it out officially on 11/30. I got an automated call from FedEx saying it will be delivered on 12/2. I tracked the package and it shipped on 11/29, the day after the order was placed.
    12-01-11 03:47 PM
    There should be an award for engendering this level of confusion! I received a confirmation of order on the 26th and then advice of the several days delay on shipping on the 29th. I had checked my credit card the other day and saw a pending entry there. However, looking now, it is gone. Does this mean its cancelled (I never got a cancellation e-mail) or will just be processed on shipping? I've e-mailed, but whatever the outcome, RIM et al seems to be making a rod for their own back with this performance.
    Last edited by hotspurs2; 12-01-11 at 04:07 PM.
    12-01-11 03:56 PM
    Its all so complex I've just lost track of it all......
    12-01-11 04:06 PM
    Ordered on thanksgiving morning. Never got a cancellation email but have heard nothing. Just emailed shopblackberry and got this response rather quickly. We shall see. Not going to be very happy if I miss out on this sale.

Anybody else with similar experience? Tried to get through on the phone but got an automated message. Not even sure if they are taking calls.

Not sure why some who ordered after me have already got their playbook. That seems odd to me.

Your order will be shipped out within the next 5 to 7 days. You will receive an order confirmation email once your unit has shipped. Thank you for your order.

Jackie H.

Order Support

ShopBlackberry.com
    12-01-11 04:17 PM
    Says 6 hours to me.....
    That's weird

12-01-11 04:21 PM
    Is the date/time on your computer right ?
    12-01-11 04:26 PM
    http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...blackberry.jpg

This was last night, so what you are seeing isn't that weird.
    12-01-11 04:29 PM
    LOL, yes! I've tried on two different computers now. My friend's Mac and my Dell, different locations, different internet connections

And, I just connected to a UK server (using VPN) and still have the bizarre time.
    12-01-11 04:30 PM
    That must be his problem, I just changed the date on my computer and it says the deal is good for 88 more days.
    12-01-11 04:31 PM
    LOL, yes! I've tried on two different computers now. My friend's Mac and my Dell, different locations, different internet connections

And, I just connected to a UK server (using VPN) and still have the bizarre time.
    That is weird, no wonder shopBB cant deliver PB's on time, they don't even know what day/time it is !!!
    mud314 likes this.
    12-01-11 04:33 PM
    Just to make sure, this is the Canadian shopblackberry website you guys are looking at, correct?
    12-01-11 04:35 PM
    Just to make sure, this is the Canadian shopblackberry website you guys are looking at, correct?
    Yes, in fact some of the other word regions have got countdown timers on them for PB's and they are all fine on my MacBook.

All Globalwares sites are the same, the PB seems to be out of stock more or less everywhere.
    12-01-11 04:41 PM
    I havent read the whole thread, but it is highly unlikely they ran out of playbooks. They also have an employee deal going on right now, which i doubt they would have implemented if there were not enough going around.
    12-01-11 04:47 PM
827 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD