MARK CHEQUER, CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER

Mark brings 28 years of experience designing, building and running technology solutions with 10 years of executive management experience working with leading eCommerce companies such as eSurance, GHR Systems and Mirixa. He has global exposure having worked in England, Germany, France, Holland, Australia and the USA for the past 10 years.

Well lets hope he can sort this one out...................
    12-01-11 11:35 AM
    I just received a phone call from FedEx saying my package will be delivered tomorrow. This is after I sent numerous emails to cancel the order, even tried to get my bank to cancel the transaction. The payment went thru today, ordered it on 11/28. I will go ahead and keep it at this point and return the Walmart playbook this weekend.
    12-01-11 11:50 AM
    Well I haven't been following this thread but hope you all get your playbooks! Worth the wait and frustration trust me! All's well that ends well.

Hang in there! Sorry to see all of this.
    12-01-11 11:55 AM
    I just received a phone call from FedEx saying my package will be delivered tomorrow. This is after I sent numerous emails to cancel the order, even tried to get my bank to cancel the transaction. The payment went thru today, ordered it on 11/28. I will go ahead and keep it at this point and return the Walmart playbook this weekend.
    Good for you; I did say somewhere in the beginning of this Bobby Bolivia soap opera that many should have there PB's by this week's end.
    12-01-11 12:05 PM
    Okay,
    So, we've googled Mark Chequer and he is indeed a legitimate person.
    I googled "Shop Blackberry: I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience using our store. But some points for you...."
    Two entries came back.
    This forum and something totally unrelated.
    So, as someone else asked, what's the source?
    Yes, maybe Mark Chequer said this, but where and according to whom?

Call me crazy (which be an improvement over other things I've been called), but this whole debacle has been chracterized by misinformation. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

AND, if you're the CIO of an internation corperation, would start a message with
    Dear UNHAPPY SBB Uers?
    Would you put "unhappy" next to your company? On purpose? On the internet?
    28 years in the business and he says "Dear Unhappy Customers of My Company" You think he could have come up with something a little more classy or positive?

No disrespect meant for the person who posted this. He got it from somewhere, but....

It don't mean nothin, but I'm just sayin.....
    Key Guy likes this.
    12-01-11 12:12 PM
    What is the authenticity of this letter? I don't it has come through an official channel.

Dear Unhappy SBB users,

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience using our store. But some points for you:

o - We had an unbelievable increase in volume that our call center was just not able to keep up with, we are putting many additional resources in place to help address. So I am very sorry about the wait times and frustrations this has caused.
    o - Sometime it's plain hard to deal with such large volume increases.
    o - Fraud on electronic goods is such a tough thing to manage, I deeply apologies if you have incorrectly received an email and order cancellation incorrectly. Please email [email protected] and someone will call you to fix your order.
    o - All, absolutely all orders will be honored.
    o - Among blackberry friends, this has been a good thing, we have seen a phenomenal acceptance of the playbook. Obviously RIM found the right price point, please be patient, your playbook IS on its way.

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions
    (the company running SBB.COM)
    12-01-11 12:24 PM
    Keep both! It's that good.
    12-01-11 12:32 PM
    I SO want to believe that Globalwares CIO is hard at work barking orders ( and shipping them ! ) and sorting this mess out as only a 28 year veteran of the supply chain industry can at this very moment !!!

Go Mark !!!!!!!!
    12-01-11 12:36 PM
    this is still BS. an official response through a public forum ? what about the frustrated people who don't even know this forum exist ?
    and it still doesn't address other issues like mine. ordered on the 23rd, order was confirmed and chrged, I never received a cancellation email. but yet, no playbook, no response to multiple emails, nothing.
    they need to man up, stop making excuses because they have no idea what they're doing. worst shopping experience ever !
    12-01-11 12:36 PM
    this is still BS. an official response through a public forum ? what about the frustrated people who don't even know this forum exist ?
    and it still doesn't address other issues like mine. ordered on the 23rd, order was confirmed and chrged, I never received a cancellation email. but yet, no playbook, no response to multiple emails, nothing.
    they need to man up, stop making excuses because they have no idea what they're doing. worst shopping experience ever !
    Mark is on the case, marching in dozens of call center droids and email answering operatives, Playbook boxer uppers and label printers and 100's of label lickers, all working day and night to achieve in the words of Globalwares own hype filled corperate website.

" Rampant customer satisfaction"

Amen.
    12-01-11 12:43 PM
    Thanks man, I knew someone here would appreciate it.

Super cool image bro, do you have a folder on your computer called "awesomest forum comebacks" or is it "coolest forum images" ?

Everyone needs a folder like that.
    12-01-11 01:02 PM
    called local Staples this morning if they hv 16g in stock and they do, went to the store and they said cannot match the online out of stock price(sheeeezzzz their own website) but finally they honored the playbook price for 199, so call your local Staples if they hv the stock... just emailed SBB to cancel my order...
    12-01-11 01:18 PM
    Don't know why people are so rushed to get their PBs! Christmas isn't until December 25! Chill out, sit down and do something nice for somebody. Before you know it, the PB will arrive. I'm not upset, got the email that said it may be 5-6 days later, so what? I just hope I can stay alive that long! Have one already, and the one I ordered is a Christmas gift. Feel good because I didn't wait until December 24 to run out to buy it!
    12-01-11 01:48 PM
    Don't know why people are so rushed to get their PBs! Christmas isn't until December 25! Chill out, sit down and do something nice for somebody. Before you know it, the PB will arrive. I'm not upset, got the email that said it may be 5-6 days later, so what? I just hope I can stay alive that long! Have one already, and the one I ordered is a Christmas gift. Feel good because I didn't wait until December 24 to run out to buy it!
    I am far more relaxed since Marks post......
    12-01-11 01:52 PM
    Dear Unhappy SBB users,

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience using our store. But some points for you:

o - We had an unbelievable increase in volume that our call center was just not able to keep up with, we are putting many additional resources in place to help address. So I am very sorry about the wait times and frustrations this has caused.
    o - Sometime it's plain hard to deal with such large volume increases.
    o - Fraud on electronic goods is such a tough thing to manage, I deeply apologies if you have incorrectly received an email and order cancellation incorrectly. Please email [email protected] and someone will call you to fix your order.
    o - All, absolutely all orders will be honored.
    o - Among blackberry friends, this has been a good thing, we have seen a phenomenal acceptance of the playbook. Obviously RIM found the right price point, please be patient, your playbook IS on its way.

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions
    (the company running SBB.COM)
    It LOOKS legit to me, and some of the info checks out. This company DOES list RIM as a client, and Mark Chequer IS their CIO. I am attempting to get our people to fellow up and get more info. Sounds positive though, thanks for the info Mark!
    12-01-11 02:09 PM
    Got order cancellation from SBB like everybody else cpl days ago and the pending transaction on my cc is gone... am just saying I got one from Staples!!!! local Staples might have the stock!!!!! and am not buying for xmas!!!
    12-01-11 02:12 PM
    Mr Chequer sir,if you are monitoring this thread in between bouts of sorting out the mess at Globalwares PB central.

Why not upgrade all us 16 gig buyers to 32 gig as a mark of good will, and send the people who already got there PB's a voucher for an accessory.

Sound like a good idea ?

It sure would repair a lot of the damage thats been done.
    12-01-11 02:20 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me, exact same email message. My credit card is fine. The order is fine. The issue is at the order desk. When I called the number in the email is was either dead air or fast busy. Today when I call, I get the message that they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes and there's a suggestion to communicate via email. I emailed them yesterday requesting a read receipt, and today I received an email saying my message had been deleted unread. SO, no Playbook for Christmas gift, no phone number to straighten things out and no email to find out how to get this resolved - unbelievable. And yes, it was the 16GB
    12-01-11 02:25 PM
    mine didn't get cancelled and I just logged in and the status says "SHIPPED"! So happy. BTW I ordered a 16 gig. It originally said "inventory hold" but not says "shipped". Hopefully it will be here soon. I did not get an email from shopblackberry about this yet. I'll wait and see.
    12-01-11 02:28 PM
    mine didn't get cancelled and I just logged in and the status says "SHIPPED"! So happy. BTW I ordered a 16 gig. It originally said "inventory hold" but not says "shipped". Hopefully it will be here soon. I did not get an email from shopblackberry about this yet. I'll wait and see.
    My problem is that the online order tracking thing dont work for me so i have no idea at what stage my order is at.

I wish i knew.
    12-01-11 02:33 PM
    ordered on the 26th. I Emailed them 5+ times to change the shipping address. NO answers. So I Emailed them a few more times to cancel the order. Again no answers. Today I got up at 5-6am (I slept at 2am after finishing work) and waited on the line for 2+hrs (gj there goes 2 hrs of my sleep, unpaid work) and finally someone picked up my call. The rep told me that my order will be cancelled in 24hr. I just logged on a few min ago and it says shipped... ARE YOU ****TING ME? ARE YOU???? If you were shipping to my new address then there would be no problem. The old address remains unchanged. Now someone else will get it? I asked for a cancellation.... for god's sake....... I ordered another pb from a local store. If this one doesnt show up Im pretty sure Im getting other tablets. Its just too stressing, I have other things to worry about in life.
    Last edited by shinnrhyme; 12-01-11 at 02:41 PM.
    12-01-11 02:37 PM
    I'm a little surprised that no one has picked up on the poor grammar? Spelling? I question that any CIO wrote it!!

It LOOKS legit to me, and some of the info checks out. This company DOES list RIM as a client, and Mark Chequer IS their CIO. I am attempting to get our people to fellow up and get more info. Sounds positive though, thanks for the info Mark!
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-01-11 02:41 PM
    I'm a little surprised that no one has picked up on the poor grammar? Spelling? I question that any CIO wrote it!!
    Maybe he wrote it on a Playbook?
    howarmat and reeneebob like this.
    12-01-11 02:42 PM
    I did what the "CEO" or whatever said i should do and email the [email protected] and i got this email back.

"Your order has been cancelled. Your credit card has not been charged. Any block on your card will be released in 3-5 days or sooner depending on your bank�s process.

Thank you,

John H.

Order Support

ShopBlackberry.com"

SO looks like i need to forget about this.
    12-01-11 02:44 PM
    ordered on the 26th. I Emailed them 5+ times to change the shipping address. NO answers. So I Emailed them a few more times to cancel the order. Again no answers. Today I got up at 5-6am (I slept at 2am after finishing work) and waited on the line for 2+hrs (gj there goes 2 hrs of my sleep, unpaid work) and finally someone picked up my call. The rep told me that my order will be cancelled in 24hr. I just logged on a few min ago and it says shipped... ARE YOU ****TING ME? ARE YOU???? If you were shipping to my new address then there would be no problem. The old address remains unchanged. Now someone else will get it? I asked for a cancellation.... for god's sake....... I ordered another pb from a local store. If this one doesnt show up Im pretty sure Im getting other tablets. Its just too stressing, I have other things to worry about in life.
    So much for the "Chill Pill " band on here eh ?
    Roscopcoletrain likes this.
    12-01-11 02:45 PM
827 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD