i was on hold to 1hour and 8 minutes and then transfered to an voice-mail hosted by Audex. I left a message to have a call back....so i wait....again.
    I left a message on monday AM and never heard back. I emailed them on tuesday and never heard back. Luckily, late last night (wednesday), my order status switched from "inventory hold" to "shipped."

I doubt they'll get back to, but I hope that they resolve all of this for everyone.
    12-01-11 08:44 AM
    well, attempt number two seems to be much less successful than yesterday's attempt, considering that now i've been disconnected for the 22nd time.

**at time of writing this, i'm finally put in the queue. The music-on-hold is very garbled now, they must've changed the way the system routes calls, but now i even wonder how i'll be able to talk to a rep if our conversation's gonna sound as good as this MOH.
    12-01-11 09:00 AM
    well, attempt number two seems to be much less successful than yesterday's attempt, considering that now i've been disconnected for the 22nd time.

**at time of writing this, i'm finally put in the queue. The music-on-hold is very garbled now, they must've changed the way the system routes calls, but now i even wonder how i'll be able to talk to a rep if our conversation's gonna sound as good as this MOH.
    I love the way the message on the phone line that tells you if you can't get through on the phone to use the none existant email, ends with.... " Thank you for your continued support "

Sheesh !!!!
    12-01-11 09:06 AM
    FYI for those attempting to get through... make sure you have at least 90 minutes to spend on the phone. Every time I have called them it has taken at least 60 minutes to get a hold of someone. My most recent last 2/3 calls have been at least 90 minutes on hold before I got a hold of a rep.

This morning it took 1hour and 27 minutes on hold, and 3 minutes to cancel and verify that my order is now set in the queue to be cancelled. The rep even tried to tell me she see's that my order is set to ship this weekend, when the last rep I talked to last night told me they wont get any new shipment in for another 2-3 days. and then add to that 5-6 days shipping and then add to that the "additional" 5-6 days shipping... Talk about the run around... I just ordered my PB from Staples online last night, and I got my confirmation email along with tracking info and expected delivery date, for next tuesday! Now THAT is customer service! It may have cost me a few more $$ through Staples, but I know how soon, when and where I'll get my PB!

Good luck to the rest of you!
    12-01-11 09:24 AM
    I don't have hours to sit on the phone, i have a 4 year old grand daughter to look after !

What an awful situation, i want to cancel but i can't speak to anyone at Globalware, and emails now bounce back with a Bot reply.

There is a 16 gig PB on sale near me on Kijiji for $20 less than i paid to shopblackberry, but with money being tight at the moment i cant afford to just go and buy it untill i know that this order from shopblackberry is cancelled.

Its a nightmare.
    12-01-11 09:36 AM
    In the US, the promotion is good until December 3rd, so 2 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes.

been on hold for 1 hour, 9 minutes so far. MOH still garbled, just praying for some information this time.
    12-01-11 10:01 AM

There is a 16 gig PB on sale near me on Kijiji for $20 less than i paid to shopblackberry, but with money being tight at the moment i cant afford to just go and buy it untill i know that this order from shopblackberry is cancelled.

Its a nightmare.
    If you sent them a cancellation by email, it's effectively canceled. Go buy from Kijiji and end your frustration.
    12-01-11 10:02 AM
    A reminder about common decency.
    This thread is mostly about people who have had orders cancelled without a valid, clear explanation. This is complicated by a lack of responsiveness from the vendor.
    Clearly we are a pissed off group of people.

This is not about RIM bashing. This is not about instant gratification and waiting for orders to ship. It's about unexplained cancellations.

Please do your fellow forum - mates the common decency of reading through all of the posts to understand what is going on here before adding you're own opinions of our personality flaws.

We came to this forum to get support and help. To find explanations for a situation that is beyond our control.

If you understand the discussion we're trying to have here and have something constructive and useful to add, then by all means, please share.

If you don't have the time or patience to read through the thread and you're going to just respond the last post you read, at least say that. "Hey all, I haven't read everything you guys wrote, but here's my unsubstantiated, uneducated, unfounded, poorly researched and incredibly biased opinion of what all of you are doing wrong in life" The proceed with whatever useless comments you feel are necessary. Or better yet, don't.
    12-01-11 10:08 AM
    The reason people are panicking is because of the very fragile situation of uncertainty (thanks to RIM and Global) and of course this (at least for Canadian residents):

Click to view quoted image

Now unless you can assure everyone a $199 tablet, then you shouldn't be tying to calm people down because it won't work until someone confirms something.
    I hear what you are saying. Some of these buyers though do need to realize that promotions like the 16gb for $199 and if you had the coupon to get it for $189 was going to end up selling out before the sale ends. I'm not trying to calm people down, they should be calm in the first place. No harm no foul. Peace
    12-01-11 10:12 AM
    I hear what you are saying. Some of these buyers though do need to realize that promotions like the 16gb for $199 and if you had the coupon to get it for $189 was going to end up selling out before the sale ends. I'm not trying to calm people down, they should be calm in the first place. No harm no foul. Peace
    Its just frustrating is all. The most frustrating part is that everyone got their confirmation and in their heads they though "great i finally got a playbook for a good price" Couple days later its just taken from them from any real reason.

Not really a nice feeling. If i have to wait till January for it fine but i just want to know whats going on is all
    firepsych likes this.
    12-01-11 10:16 AM
    Yes some posts were deleted! I promise no "chill pills" were harmed in the process.
    12-01-11 10:19 AM
    See that's the thing, everyone is just speculating and your comment did just that as well. No one knows if they're really sold out or not and that's what is pissing people off. I don't think anyone is asking much except a statement from RIM/Global to clear this mess up. Do that, and people will chill/calm down as long as they know their order is secured.
    12-01-11 10:24 AM
    After being sucker punched by rim i cant imagine why you would want one now but they are available to order now from radio shacks website
    12-01-11 10:27 AM
    Another thing im wondering is why is it that it took them 2/3 days to figure out it was sold out. I ordered mine on sunday and it was tuesday night i got the email about it being cancelled.
    12-01-11 10:28 AM
    i have been on hold for 1.5 hours. i could not get through at all yesterday. I sent two separate emails yesterday without response.

Looks like this is going the route of the HP tablet!
    12-01-11 10:41 AM
    Dear Unhappy SBB users,

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience using our store. But some points for you:

o - We had an unbelievable increase in volume that our call center was just not able to keep up with, we are putting many additional resources in place to help address. So I am very sorry about the wait times and frustrations this has caused.
    o - Sometime it's plain hard to deal with such large volume increases.
    o - Fraud on electronic goods is such a tough thing to manage, I deeply apologies if you have incorrectly received an email and order cancellation incorrectly. Please email [email protected] and someone will call you to fix your order.
    o - All, absolutely all orders will be honored.
    o - Among blackberry friends, this has been a good thing, we have seen a phenomenal acceptance of the playbook. Obviously RIM found the right price point, please be patient, your playbook IS on its way.

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions
    (the company running SBB.COM)
    jack57, cogsinister and prich01 like this.
    12-01-11 10:43 AM
    Dear Unhappy SBB users,

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience using our store. But some points for you:

o - We had an unbelievable increase in volume that our call center was just not able to keep up with, we are putting many additional resources in place to help address. So I am very sorry about the wait times and frustrations this has caused.
    o - Fraud on electronic goods is such a tough thing to manage, I deeply apologies if you have incorrectly received an email and order cancellation incorrectly. Please email [email protected] and someone will call you to fix your order.
    o - Among blackberry friends, this has been a good thing, we have seen a phenomenal acceptance of the playbook. Obviously RIM found the right price point, please be patient, your playbook IS on its way.

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions
    Could you give me the link to where you saw that?

*Maybe an official announcement would help so we would know this isn't just some troll on the forum*
    Last edited by dragonx6; 12-01-11 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Yeah i just saw who the user was lol
    12-01-11 10:48 AM
    Note the alias and the signature?
    12-01-11 10:50 AM
    Yeah, how did you get that response ?
    12-01-11 10:50 AM
    Note the alias and the signature?
    None other than the CIO of Globalware himself.....

Now we might get things moving.
    12-01-11 10:53 AM
    Dear Unhappy SBB users,

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions
    Mark, thanks for taking the time to chime in. I can only guess what a 60% price drop did to the CS people staffing the phone lines. If folks took a sec to do the mental math, imagine what a staff of say 10 people would do with a flood of 20-30k calls over and above "normal" call volume, they might see what you're up against.
    12-01-11 10:57 AM
    Dear Unhappy SBB users,

Regards
    Mark Chequer
    CIO Globalware Solutions

I don't mean to sound like a complete **** (as I am only 1/2 ****) and I certainly don't want to tell somebody how to run their own shop, but perhaps this thread would have died a long, long time ago had this post been #23 instead of #266.

I do, however, appreciate the spirit of the outreach to customers, and hopefully it will calm some nerves.

EDIT: Wow they censored a pretty inane word there. It started with a "j" and rhymed with "irk." Didn't think that would get the 'ol asterisks. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by marcho11; 12-01-11 at 11:03 AM.
    Key Guy likes this.
    12-01-11 10:59 AM
    If this is a real post....

I don't mean to sound like a complete **** (as I am only 1/2 ****) and I certainly don't want to tell somebody how to run their own shop, but perhaps this thread would have died a long, long time ago had this post been #23 instead of #266.

I do, however, appreciate the spirit of the outreach to customers, and hopefully it will calm some nerves.
    If is the real deal ( and i kind of think it is ) then its calmed my nearves somewhat.

Now if the man can please keep us updated it would be very nice.
    12-01-11 11:01 AM

With all due respect, because I'm all azz, the #1 post is 18 hrs old. You got a public statement from a major Corp's CIO in 18 hrs.

In the big picture you don't see that very often.
    12-01-11 11:05 AM
    With all due respect, because I'm all azz, the #1 post is 18 hrs old. You got a public statement from a major Corp's CIO in 18 hrs.

In the big picture you don't see that very often.
    That's true... I suppose I did lose some sense of time.

However, there are quite a few people who have been having issues for 6-7 days and have gotten no response. I know I ordered my PB 6 days ago, had a question regarding the order and left a message 5 days ago... no call. Thought to myself... "I bet they're real busy so I'll email them." So I emailed them 3 days ago... got no response. Then other people's orders started to get cancelled and the snowball began to get really big. So there are a lot of people that have been on these and other forums trying to get info regarding their orders for close to a week with little, or no, or an ambiguous response.

But, in regard to this thread... yes, you are correct.
    12-01-11 11:20 AM
827 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD