It is not just about buying a prodcut from a particular place. It is more so about faith in a brand, customer satisfaction, responsiveness on RIM's behalf. All of these have gone for a toss and thus you feel like switching over to another brand.
    11-30-11 11:23 PM
    What I don't understand is why would RIM let a mickey mouse company like Globalware Solutions represent them as Blackberry.com/.ca?

It's RIM's image that takes a beating because these clowns can't get their act together.

I mean what business in this day and age doesn't at least have an auto-attendant to answer calls? Why business doesn't respond to multiple polite emails?

I've been defending RIM up and down on another forum and have been lucky to replace my Playbooks ordered from Blackberry.ca with ones from Staples, but this whole process leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My two orders are now a week old and I have no clue if they will be cancelled, shipped or vanish into thin air.

I suggest RIM get a new partner to take care of their retail sales and tell Global Solutions to take a much deserved hike.
    chriskayTO likes this.
    11-30-11 11:33 PM
    It is not just about buying a prodcut from a particular place. It is more so about faith in a brand, customer satisfaction, responsiveness on RIM's behalf. All of these have gone for a toss and thus you feel like switching over to another brand.
    Sooo i'm confused. What is your reason for canceling payment. Did you want the product or didn't you??
    11-30-11 11:35 PM
    I ordered 2 Playbooks on Nov 25th, then decided that I would order the charger and leather wallet. I received the order confirmations for both. Remember the orders were seperate.

Last night like everyone, I received the cancellation of the PB's .. Saying it was "flagged".(Blah blah blah).. however, earlier in the day the wallet and the charger had already arrived.

So, clearly there is no issue with my credit card or my shipping address. I believe that RIM has BLOWN it ... I am not able to reach anyone by phone and I don't have all day to call them.. I have emailed and still have not received any replies...

So, here I sit with a charger and wallet and no PB... Brilliant!! ...

Merry ** ** ** Rim!! Humbug!!

UPDATE: this JUST in... HOT off the press........
    (Double Humbug)

** Please do not reply to this email ** Thank you for contacting ShopBlackberry! Due to unusually high demand, we are experiencing a delay in our email responses. Please be assured that we are working on your issue and will get back to you soon. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you. Best Regards, The ShopBlackberry.com Team
    Last edited by JJMC; 11-30-11 at 11:40 PM.
    11-30-11 11:36 PM
    I had an awful experience with Shop Blackberry. As people have said, RIM uses a third party to manage and fulfill the orders, called Globalware.

I tried to order online and I guess the first time I entered my credit card security code incorrectly. That flagged it as fraud. I then tried again using the correct code and it didn't go through. I tried one more time because i couldn't get through on the phone. I finally got through on the phone and placed my order with the operator.

I called in the next day as I hadn't received an email confirmation. The guy checked orders in my name and said that the phone order hadn't gone through and that nothing was going to go through because I had been fraud marked. For that reason when I was at my mechanic, my card didn't go through.

When I asked him what the remedy was to place my order, he said the only thing I could do was send in a cheque or wire transfer the money. That they couldn't place an order online, even with a different credit card because they had flagged my name, my address and my phone number as well as my card.

Hugely frustrating. I love my blackberry products but they really suck at interacting with the customer. There has to be an acknowledgement that they have to sharpen their game in a customer centric economy.
    11-30-11 11:42 PM
    I wanted to cancel my order, but they don't answer the phone or emails, so I called my credit card company, and they told me I'd already been credited the money back, because the date I had ordered, shopBB put a request or something for the price of the PB on my CC but with my particular card they only have 4 days to withdraw the funds from my CC, they failed to do it in the time limit so my CC refunded the amount back to my card.

I'm expecting an order canceled email within the next few days, and I suspect that's what's happening with all these orders canceled emails people are getting, it's because shopBB is taking too long to withdraw the funds from your CC's once they make the request.
    That actually makes sense. That happens to me quite a bit with an international vendor I deal with. Also is it just me or is it very weird that all the people ******** the most on this thread all have brand new accounts with only one or two posts cedited to their profile. I find that rather suspicious.
    11-30-11 11:45 PM
    Having read the posts in this thread, I am HUGELY grateful that I was able to get mine at Office Depot. Shop BB was going to be my plan B.
    It sounds to me as if there's a problem in Globalware's software. To everyone out there who has been affected by this, give both GlobalWare and RIM a piece of your mind. For them to just circle the wagons and not issue any kind of official acknowledgement is just sloppy business.
    11-30-11 11:55 PM
    That actually makes sense. That happens to me quite a bit with an international vendor I deal with. Also is it just me or is it very weird that all the people ******** the most on this thread all have brand new accounts with only one or two posts cedited to their profile. I find that rather suspicious.
    Could it be that we just got interested in the Playbook when we found out about the good price. We have since been screwed around by Shopbb and we found out about people have issues with the same company that have posted on this site also, so we created an account to give our version of the problems that have happened through Shopbb so far.
    11-30-11 11:56 PM
    I hope everyone cancels there order. Then maybe I'll get my pb. Hhaha
    11-30-11 11:57 PM
    Says the guy who only joined this month and has all of 29 posts.

I've been defending RIM and the Playbook from trolls at the following forum for days:

[Elect] [Merged][WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

*Edited to add a quote from me at that forum:

I'm hoping others have reported him too and his account gets locked, that way the rest of us can discuss the Playbook and how to obtain one without the trollish behavior.

Two of my kids own BB phones and I've ordered three Playbooks so it's pretty evident I'm not a RIM hater, but having a inept company like Globalware Solutions using the Blackberry name to sell your products at a time when you're trying to repair your image isn't the brightest move. Say what you want about Apple, but you just know this fiasco wouldn't have happened with them.
    Last edited by Key Guy; 12-01-11 at 12:05 AM.
    12-01-11 12:01 AM
    Says the guy who only joined this month and has all of 29 posts.

I've been defending RIM and the Playbook from trolls at the following forum for days:

[Elect] [Merged][WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Two of my kids own BB phones and I've ordered three Playbooks so it's pretty evident I'm not a RIM hater, but having a inept company like Globalware Solutions using the Blackberry name to sell your products at a time when you're trying to repair your image isn't the brightest move. Say what you want about Apple, but you just know this fiasco wouldn't have happened with them.

Wow. Did I hit a nerve? Sensitive aren't we. Say whatever you want but I call bull$hit.
    12-01-11 12:13 AM
    Could it be that we just got interested in the Playbook when we found out about the good price. We have since been screwed around by Shopbb and we found out about people have issues with the same company that have posted on this site also, so we created an account to give our version of the problems that have happened through Shopbb so far.
    Yeahhhhh. "Rolls Eye's" That must be it.
    12-01-11 12:15 AM
    Yeahhhhh. "Rolls Eye's" That must be it.
    I would like to know what else it could be?
    12-01-11 12:17 AM
    Let me see if I'm getting the consensus here.

People want the Playbook, but they want it right now. Next week is unacceptable and if they can't get it now the product and the company suck?

As a culture we've become too much in the instant gratification mode, me thinks. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of it plenty of times. But I usually give myself a stern lecture once I realize my behavior

That being said, I have a second PB on order from Global. Order acknowledgment only at this point. Inventory hold as the status. Agree that their direct contact situation is bad, but I don't know if it's the volume of calls/contact that has them tardy in response or it's a normal deal. But I'm not quite willing to opt for the public hanging just yet.

Hey, if I want to get bent I can call my bank or any financial institution and get the "due to unexpected high call volume....." line of BS too. Customer service is a bit of a lost art and BB has no monopoly on that
    12-01-11 12:22 AM
    I ordered my PlayBook last Wednesday evening and had a pending on my checking statement up until today and now the statement doesn't show anything relating to the shopblackberry transaction. It's like it never happened and now I'm out a PlayBook.
    If the merchant hasn't collected the funds after a certain amount of days, they put the funds back into your account and drops of your transactions list. Keep in mind that it still pending at the banks end and RIM it will come back to claim them. Same thing happened to me and I called BoA to check and that's what they told me.

The same thing happened to me. I ordered mines on 11/28 they took the money out, then put it back (it appeared on my statement then disappeared). Today I noticed They decided to go thru with the order bc it is in the pending column now.
    Something similar happened to me. They put the money back into my account but BoA told me it's still pending. I want my PB. I order mine on the morning of 11/24 and still nothing.
    bimmerny likes this.
    12-01-11 12:22 AM

People want the Playbook, but they want it right now. Next week is unacceptable and if they can't get it now the product and the company suck?

As a culture we've become too much in the instant gratification mode, me thinks. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of it plenty of times. But I usually give myself a stern lecture once I realize my behavior

That being said, I have a second PB on order from Global. Order acknowledgment only at this point. Inventory hold as the status. Agree that their direct contact situation is bad, but I don't know if it's the volume of calls/contact that has them tardy in response or it's a normal deal. But I'm not quite willing to opt for the public hanging just yet.

Hey, if I want to get bent I can call my bank or any financial institution and get the "due to unexpected high call volume....." line of BS too. Customer service is a bit of a lost art and BB has no monopoly on that

I think people are just use to a higher quality of service when dealing with online retailers. Personally I have never dealt with a company who doesn't reply to their customers via email or phone. I guess I am just use to sites like NCIX and Futureshop, which I have never had any issues with. For me it is the lack of communication, if they told me straight out it will be shipped out in the next week or so, I would be satisfied with that.
    12-01-11 12:29 AM
    I think people are just use to a higher quality of service when dealing with online retailers. Personally I have never dealt with a company who doesn't reply to their customers via email or phone. I guess I am just use to sites like NCIX and Futureshop, which I have never had any issues with. For me it is the lack of communication, if they told me straight out it will be shipped out in the next week or so, I would be satisfied with that.
    You must shop at a higher average experience of retailers then. That or I've been around longer to see the good, the bad and the ugly.

When did you place your order? Mine was on Sunday. BEFORE I placed it I was aware there was going to be a delay in shipping and the reason I knew that was I read it here. Same place I learned about available units from that particular vendor. Since it's a Xmas gift and it saves me nearly $30 in sales tax, I canceled an existing BestBuy order to go there.

So at this point no real surprises. It's been 3 days. Statement on the website said it could be 6-7 before it ships and I'm assuming that's business days. I don't know how long that statement has been there, but if it's since Thanksgiving that means it's still within the window for anyone who ordered then.

Global has warehouses on both coasts. No way to know if both have stock to offer. Some have rec'd units with no shipping notice. They just showed up. For all I know mine is on a rail car somewhere between the east coast and me on the west coast.

Again, gotta be clear on a reason to complain and I'm still not seeing one.
    12-01-11 12:42 AM
    Wow. Did I hit a nerve? Sensitive aren't we. Say whatever you want but I call bull$hit.
    Well you have fun with your personal incredulity, the rest of us will discuss the merits of RIM outsourcing their retail sales to an incompetent organization.
    12-01-11 12:47 AM
    I had 8 on order but they all got cancelled so I went out an bought one on kijiji. Sorry to say this, but I played around with it and I am pretty disappointed. Glad the orders got cancelled.

Biggest issue: it's laggy and unresponsive. Compared to an iPad it's very laggy. Compared to android tabs & phones it's about equally laggy, but that is still unacceptable.

Side note: crazy that it took android 4 years to get the lag out, now finally with ICS it's been fixed.

Screen: Thought I'd be all over the 7" screen for portability and ergonomics etc. But... It's actually too small for browsing. Jobs was right, you need 10" for a tablet. Otherwise screen is gorgeous.

Gestures are cool, but they went too far. Should've stayed with dedicated back/menu/home/search buttons AND added only the swipe up gesture for making multi tasking easy. Having to figure out how to go back in certain apps is pointless when Android and BB have dedicated back buttons. Can't beat the Back button, it's ingrained in our heads in everything at this point. Plus as bb users, it's part of the system. Why exclude it on PB?

QNX has some strong points, multi tasking being the biggest, but otherwise I can't say I'm a fan at this point.

Appworld is insanely laggy and destroys the user experience completely.

IMO you're better off buying an iPad or wait for an ICS tablet and take the hit on the difference. PB is barely adequate for casual browsing. Screen size kills it, lag is just a bit too much, and ui takes too much work to accomplish the basics. PB has big potential, but that's not gonna happen for a long time...
    12-01-11 12:48 AM

Ummmm no, they wait isn't the problem.

Cancelled orders for bogus reasons is the problem. I have two on order for more than a week now. What happens when those orders get cancelled? Are you going to sell me two Playbooks for my kids before X-mas @ $199?

There is a 600 page thread over at RedFlagDeals.com, not a single solitary person has received a Playbook from Globalware since they started offering Playbooks for sale 10 days ago, yet many are reporting having their orders cancelled. Now tell me, if you had a pending order and couldn't contact the company because they don't answer the phone or respond to emails, what would you be thinking?

Do you think annoying customers (a great deal of them new) is good for RIM's image?
    tman1988 likes this.
    12-01-11 01:03 AM
    You must shop at a higher average experience of retailers then. That or I've been around longer to see the good, the bad and the ugly.

When did you place your order? Mine was on Sunday. BEFORE I placed it I was aware there was going to be a delay in shipping and the reason I knew that was I read it here. Same place I learned about available units from that particular vendor. Since it's a Xmas gift and it saves me nearly $30 in sales tax, I canceled an existing BestBuy order to go there.

So at this point no real surprises. It's been 3 days. Statement on the website said it could be 6-7 before it ships and I'm assuming that's business days. I don't know how long that statement has been there, but if it's since Thanksgiving that means it's still within the window for anyone who ordered then.

Global has warehouses on both coasts. No way to know if both have stock to offer. Some have rec'd units with no shipping notice. They just showed up. For all I know mine is on a rail car somewhere between the east coast and me on the west coast.

Again, gotta be clear on a reason to complain and I'm still not seeing one.
    I have done about 10 order between Futureshop and NCIX, never had a problem with either one. If I emailed them I would receive a reply within 24 hours, or within 30 minutes if I called.

I ordered on Friday and have since received no response from them regarding any of my questions, though I am sure they are flooded with emails right now. So I guess I will just relax for a while and leave it be. Personally I am just going to give them until Monday before I cancel my order. I believe that to be a reasonable amount of time for them to ship out the Playbook.

I wish everyone luck in receiving their orders.

P.S
    I think I would have been better off not knowing about all the order cancellations and High Risk emails. This was the only Playbook I ordered and the deal is done now, so I see some of the blame going to me for not having a back up plan if this doesn't work out.

I need a Xanax
    12-01-11 01:04 AM
    I had 8 on order but they all got cancelled so I went out an bought one on kijiji. Sorry to say this, but I played around with it and I am pretty disappointed. Glad the orders got cancelled.

Biggest issue: it's laggy and unresponsive. Compared to an iPad it's very laggy. Compared to android tabs & phones it's about equally laggy, but that is still unacceptable.

Side note: crazy that it took android 4 years to get the lag out, now finally with ICS it's been fixed.

Screen: Thought I'd be all over the 7" screen for portability and ergonomics etc. But... It's actually too small for browsing. Jobs was right, you need 10" for a tablet. Otherwise screen is gorgeous.

Gestures are cool, but they went too far. Should've stayed with dedicated back/menu/home/search buttons AND added only the swipe up gesture for making multi tasking easy. Having to figure out how to go back in certain apps is pointless when Android and BB have dedicated back buttons. Can't beat the Back button, it's ingrained in our heads in everything at this point. Plus as bb users, it's part of the system. Why exclude it on PB?

QNX has some strong points, multi tasking being the biggest, but otherwise I can't say I'm a fan at this point.

Appworld is insanely laggy and destroys the user experience completely.

IMO you're better off buying an iPad or wait for an ICS tablet and take the hit on the difference. PB is barely adequate for casual browsing. Screen size kills it, lag is just a bit too much, and ui takes too much work to accomplish the basics. PB has big potential, but that's not gonna happen for a long time...
    Roscopcoletrain likes this.
    12-01-11 01:15 AM
    I ordered the 16gb model the eve of the 28th and have been checking the website periodically each day. I had given up all hope of getting one from RIM and then bam!!!!!! I just checked the website and the status changed from "Inventory Hold" to "Shipped" I refreshed the page several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

But, until I have the product in my hand, I'll continue to question whether it was shipped.
    12-01-11 01:19 AM
    Ummmm no, they wait isn't the problem.

Cancelled orders for bogus reasons is the problem. I have two on order for more than a week now. What happens when those orders get cancelled? Are you going to sell me two Playbooks for my kids before X-mas @ $199?
    Global isn't the only company selling playbooks. For example, I could go to Amazon right now and you have to wade through all the offers at less than advertised retail prices. In stock, expedited shipping available.

The cancelations I've read, which is by no means all of them, were people shipping to addresses that were variations or alternates to their billing address. There are quite a few companies out there with STATED policy that they only ship to billing addresses.

There is a 600 page thread over at RedFlagDeals.com, not a single solitary person has received a Playbook from Globalware since they started offering Playbooks for sale 10 days ago, yet many are reporting having their orders cancelled. Now tell me, if you had a pending order and couldn't contact the company because they don't answer the phone or respond to emails, what would you be thinking?
    If I were that anxious, for my own health's sake I'd be ordering from Amazon or Walmart or Best Buy or any number of other dealers out there. There are people in this forum reporting receiving their Global orders over the last couple of days, so the claim that no one has rec'd any isn't entirely accurate. Hardly worth wading through 600 page pity party to prove the point. Only you can determine if you're going to fish or cut bait on this one.

Do you think annoying customers (a great deal of them new) is good for RIM's image?
    Nope. But I'm not running the PR gig for RIM

I hope it works out for you. Not here to apologize for Global's shortcomings. Just hate seeing people beat their heads against the wall when there are so many alternatives.
    12-01-11 01:22 AM
    Quit being an arse and reporting everything you disagree with..

As a PlayBook owner, A Xoom owner, A iPad 2 owner and a TouchPad owner, not much of what he said there I disagree with.

Android is laggy, hopefully ICS fixes this. (Though personally I attribute some of it to the infamous "Qualcomm lag")

App World on the PlayBook is laggy, and often stutters switching between screens. (Though it is improved in 2.0)

As for the HP TouchPad well.. it's done, and it lags.. (It's the best Android tablet NOT on the market.)

As for the iPad 2, it does have the smoothest UI out of all of them, IMO. (There is more to a tablet then UI though)

I've said this before I will say it again -- some of you people who like to call others trolls are often times worse than the trolls you're calling out, do it enough and you shall be treated the same. Keep that in mind next time you decide to hit the report post button and call someone a troll for having an opinion that differs from yours.
    Pearl9100 and Roscopcoletrain like this.
    12-01-11 01:25 AM
827 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD