From my personal order i did enter a separate billing and shipping address. All my information was entered correctly and my billing and shipping addresses are both authorized as legitimate addresses through my credit card. Im not sure what triggered my decline but i am absolutely 100% sure its not on my end. I have made hundreds of purchases online and several for friends and relatives online this year as im considered the best electronics bargain hunter lol, had my card for 14 years and never even 1 time had an issue until this.
    11-30-11 05:13 PM
    Ok, I just got off the phone again... here's the real story as i pieced together info the supervisor said over our half hour conversation...

- They turned off real time payment processing for the thanksgiving rush in order to maximize throughput. They turned on 'auth only'. To process an order you need to 'auth' and 'settle'.
    - They batched the payments, starting on Monday
    - Rules like 'CVV Code should match', 'billing address should match CC', '3 attempts and don't authorize' were all turned on.
    - anyone who failed the payment settle got their order cancelled
    (I know these payment processing rules because i'm in the industry)

I talked to the supervisor who was very kind and said its been the worse day over there. She said that they're trying to figure out the best way to deal with the issue. I told her, for what its worth, doing something is better than nothing. It would have saved us hours of our day.

She didn't say this, but the logistics of cleaning this up is difficult.
    - If its a billing address not matching shipping, they would have to physically call each person because there is no way to do that online (she said they themselves, cannot modify an order).
    - if its a CVV mismatch, then its even worse as its frowned upon to give the CVV over the phone
    - if its a 3-attempts and locked out scenario, they would need another card from you.

I told her, the easiest way is to turn off all the rules (which puts RIM more liable if any of the transactions are fraud) and process the payments.

So, in short, they know about it, but don't know how to deal with it.
    I just bought one on Staples for $199 - no indication ther�s any supply problems.
    JIC
    11-30-11 05:25 PM
    This whole thing reminds me of the touchpad sale at times. I'd like to confidently order from staples "easily" or other online sellers but I did that with Onsale via Amazon for the touchpad and they "easily" accepted my order along with too many others leading to cancellations 5 days later. I prefer to wait on RIM to sort out "their" site and hopefully my order goes through there despite the emails they sent this morning.
    11-30-11 05:32 PM
    For my order ( placed on Monday morning, well before noon anyway ) the billing address and the shipping address were different, but my mom in law ( she bought the PB for me ) still has not received a cancellation email, just the confirmation one.....

So where does that leave me ?

I have never used a company that refuses to answer repeted emails and whos phone seems to be turmed off.
    11-30-11 06:01 PM
    I have not read all of the posts so maybe this question was already answered but....I placed an order for the 16gb playbook on 11/25, I have received the same email late last night that many others have received, cancelled order due to flagged as a high risk etc...I have been attempting to call the customer service number since early this morning with no luck. The number either has a busy signal, immediately disconnects or doesnt ring at all. I entered all of my information correctly but I do have different billing/shipping addresses. It seems that many of you have been able to get through to this number so I will keep trying but 1) does anyone have a different phone number, I have 1-866-957-0761 2) does anyone know the customer service hours? I really hope Blackberry will be able to fulfill these orders. Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions.
    11-30-11 06:08 PM
    As I remember from the message on the phone the hours are 8 am to 8 pm 7 days a week.

After reading most of the msgs I firmly believe the cancelled orders are not going to be just automatically reinstated. My order, as are the others, is just cancelled. The only good thing I can say for me is that it makes up my mind for me to keep the 32 gb one from Walmart for $260, which is already on its way. So, no more decisions.
    SHONTAI33 likes this.
    11-30-11 06:24 PM
    Mine arrived this morning.
    I diddled about it till last Friday and bit the bullet and ordered one from Futureshop (owned by Best Buy) here in Canada and it arrived this morning.
    I kept watching my order and I think it was Tuesday that they just said sold out and would accept any more orders.
    I guess the sale was way too good!
    11-30-11 06:42 PM
    The 1-866 order line i have been phoning all day and just getting silence using my land-line phone, just worked fine using Skype, but it said they were only open 8am to 8pm EASTERN, it is only 7.45 eastern now !!!!
    11-30-11 06:46 PM
    I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if this has been mentioned.

I placed an order with shopblackberry on the 27th, which was subsequently cancelled. I called the number on my debit card to see if there was anything my bank could do about the charge placed on my card because I could not get through to shopblackberry. The order with shopblackberry was still processing on my card (thus, the charge was indicated but it hasnt been cleared). My bank said that the reason it was still processing and hasn't been cleared yet is because shopblackberry hasn't brought the charge for final clearance/authorization (and so shopblackberry was probably going to cancel the order). The customer service representative gladly cancelled the transaction for me to make sure it would not ultimately go through. I cannot speak for those people whose transactions have already cleared, but if your transaction is still "processing" you can make sure you don't get charged by calling your bank. I hope this helps.

FYI--I ordered 16gb from shopblackberry. I was so annoyed at them when I saw the cancellation that I didn't bother to clear it up and just ordered a 32 gb from amazon (which shipped the day after I placed the order).
    11-30-11 06:47 PM
    I wonder what has happened to customer service? Remember that? It was something that companies used to provide, circa 20th century. Getting good customer service today is almost surreal.
    I believe it is EXPECTED in Feb 2012.
    11-30-11 06:48 PM
    so has anyone received the playbook yet?? i did not get a cancellation email but my shipping/billing address is different. I put in the correct ship/billing information but somehow the system is lame and my confirmation email had both as one address... so whats the chances of me actually getting a playbook??? i really want one and need one within 2 weeks for a trip.. should i just try to find one at a local store like staples??
    11-30-11 07:20 PM
    so has anyone received the playbook yet?? i did not get a cancellation email but my shipping/billing address is different. I put in the correct ship/billing information but somehow the system is lame and my confirmation email had both as one address... so whats the chances of me actually getting a playbook??? i really want one and need one within 2 weeks for a trip.. should i just try to find one at a local store like staples??
    Go order the new walmart bundle. If you don't want the accessories, and return them, it appears you will end up With about the same price as SBB was offering. I ordered mine over the weekend & it shipped Mon.
    11-30-11 07:26 PM
    I ordered my PlayBook last Wednesday evening and had a pending on my checking statement up until today and now the statement doesn't show anything relating to the shopblackberry transaction. It's like it never happened and now I'm out a PlayBook.

All I got was an e-mail Tuesday morning saying its going to take 5-6 additional days to ship, but I see some people are starting to receive theirs. Does anyone have any idea what going on here or if the website will be restocking the 16GB at the &199.99 price
    11-30-11 07:35 PM
    I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if this has been mentioned.

I placed an order with shopblackberry on the 27th, which was subsequently cancelled. I called the number on my debit card to see if there was anything my bank could do about the charge placed on my card because I could not get through to shopblackberry. The order with shopblackberry was still processing on my card (thus, the charge was indicated but it hasnt been cleared). My bank said that the reason it was still processing and hasn't been cleared yet is because shopblackberry hasn't brought the charge for final clearance/authorization (and so shopblackberry was probably going to cancel the order). The customer service representative gladly cancelled the transaction for me to make sure it would not ultimately go through. I cannot speak for those people whose transactions have already cleared, but if your transaction is still "processing" you can make sure you don't get charged by calling your bank. I hope this helps.

FYI--I ordered 16gb from shopblackberry. I was so annoyed at them when I saw the cancellation that I didn't bother to clear it up and just ordered a 32 gb from amazon (which shipped the day after I placed the order).
    I called my bank to "stop payment" (it was still in the pending column). The order was placed Monday 11/28. They took the money out 11/28 then put it back. On Tuesday 11/29 I sent several emails (7) asking them to cancel the order, tried calling, the calls never went thru. I called my bank today bc they have decided to debit my account. I guess they didnt get my emails. My bank did a stop payment. I picked up my PB from Walmart today that I ordered online last week.
    11-30-11 07:36 PM
    I ordered my PlayBook last Wednesday evening and had a pending on my checking statement up until today and now the statement doesn't show anything relating to the shopblackberry transaction. It's like it never happened and now I'm out a PlayBook.

All I got was an e-mail Tuesday morning saying its going to take 5-6 additional days to ship, but I see some people are starting to receive theirs. Does anyone have any idea what going on here or if the website will be restocking the 16GB at the &199.99 price
    The same thing happened to me. I ordered mines on 11/28 they took the money out, then put it back (it appeared on my statement then disappeared). Today I noticed They decided to go thru with the order bc it is in the pending column now.
    11-30-11 07:39 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I ordered mines on 11/28 they took the money out, then put it back (it appeared on my statement then disappeared). Today I noticed They decided to go thru with the order bc it is in the pending column now.
    Hey Kimberly, so you're saying the original transaction completely disappeared off your statement like it never happened? Only to then suddenly reappear?

I don't want to get our hopes up but maybe they will ship your PlayBook soon.
    11-30-11 07:49 PM
    Go order the new walmart bundle. If you don't want the accessories, and return them, it appears you will end up With about the same price as SBB was offering. I ordered mine over the weekend & it shipped Mon.
    The 16GB is sold out...think I will go ahead and get the 32GB for $298 at Walmart. Oh well....maybe they will offer us discounts for accessories.
    11-30-11 08:09 PM
    Hey Kimberly, so you're saying the original transaction completely disappeared off your statement like it never happened? Only to then suddenly reappear?

I don't want to get our hopes up but maybe they will ship your PlayBook soon.
    I have to agree...my bank would not let a double charge come without notifying me first...which is putting a lock on the account so no on can maliciously take money.
    11-30-11 08:11 PM
    Ok, I just got off the phone again... here's the real story as i pieced together info the supervisor said over our half hour conversation...

- They turned off real time payment processing for the thanksgiving rush in order to maximize throughput. They turned on 'auth only'. To process an order you need to 'auth' and 'settle'.
    - They batched the payments, starting on Monday
    - Rules like 'CVV Code should match', 'billing address should match CC', '3 attempts and don't authorize' were all turned on.
    - anyone who failed the payment settle got their order cancelled
    (I know these payment processing rules because i'm in the industry)

I talked to the supervisor who was very kind and said its been the worse day over there. She said that they're trying to figure out the best way to deal with the issue. I told her, for what its worth, doing something is better than nothing. It would have saved us hours of our day.

She didn't say this, but the logistics of cleaning this up is difficult.
    - If its a billing address not matching shipping, they would have to physically call each person because there is no way to do that online (she said they themselves, cannot modify an order).
    - if its a CVV mismatch, then its even worse as its frowned upon to give the CVV over the phone
    - if its a 3-attempts and locked out scenario, they would need another card from you.

I told her, the easiest way is to turn off all the rules (which puts RIM more liable if any of the transactions are fraud) and process the payments.

So, in short, they know about it, but don't know how to deal with it.
    No, that's just the lastest spin, meant to satisfy some with its use of industry jargon. But, those scenarios just don't work for most cancellations. BB has been getting better with the stories as the day goes on. The incident sure does give one faith in this company...
    11-30-11 09:06 PM
    Well... I don't know what to think. I ordered Thanksgiving morning. Pretty early in the sale. Figured I could pick one up, save on tax and not have to get out on black friday. My order still shows "received" on shop blackberry and I did not receive a cancellation email. However, my credit card has still not been charged. I received an order confirmation email but havent received a shipping confirmation Kinda wierd. Maybe my card will be charged when it ships but I though it would have surely shipped by now.
    Any ideas?

Still hoping one shows up on my door. I really don't want to miss out on this discounted price.
    11-30-11 09:09 PM
    I can't believe it, when I got up earlier this morning I checked my email on my BB, and received msg during the night that Blackberry cancelled my order for 16gb PB! WTF!

Your order number SBBXXXXXXXX placed on the store.shopblackberry.com website has been cancelled as it was flagged as a high risk transaction. If you wish to place a replacement order, kindly call our call center at 1-866-957-0761 and a customer service representative will assist you

I placed the order Thurs AM, when it was still in stock BTW. I placed it on the phone and not the website.

I've called a couple of times, I called last night too, to check the status and there's never been a mention of a problem. (In fact, when I called Sun. I was told it'd ship the next day. NOT! I received the same email yesterday on the shipment update that everyone else did.

I am BEYOND pissed off! Anyone else have this happen, or am I the only lucky one?
    I made 2 x $25 deposit pre-order for 2 x 16GB Playbook last week in person at The Source in Downtown. I didn't have to line up in the cold rain either for my pre-order. I just get off work, walked to the nearest The Source store and make my order.

Almost a week later, I got a call from that store that my 2 x 16GB Playbooks are in and ready for pick up. Went there, products ready, paid the rest in full... $199 each, plus tax of course...

I think that the reason why so many people go their orders cancelled are usually the ones that have ordered through phone and web orders.

From past experience, I find that ordering in person for pre-orders, instead of over the phone or web orders, are usually 100% guaranteed that the orders will be fulfilled and delivered....

My family will enjoy their Playbooks this Holiday.

BTW, I saw and handled the Kindle Fire at Chapters. Kindle Fire only 8GB, no dual camera, and kinda sluggish interface and for $200...you're better off with 16GB Playbook.
    11-30-11 09:09 PM
    Well... I don't know what to think. I ordered Thanksgiving morning. Pretty early in the sale. Figured I could pick one up, save on tax and not have to get out on black friday. My order still shows "received" on shop blackberry and I did not receive a cancellation email. However, my credit card has still not been charged. I received an order confirmation email but havent received a shipping confirmation Kinda wierd. Maybe my card will be charged when it ships but I though it would have surely shipped by now.
    Any ideas?

Still hoping one shows up on my door. I really don't want to miss out on this discounted price.
    Exactly the same situation here, but i ordered on Monday morning...the lack of information from shopblackberry is unforgivable.
    11-30-11 09:43 PM
    I wanted to cancel my order, but they don't answer the phone or emails, so I called my credit card company, and they told me I'd already been credited the money back, because the date I had ordered, shopBB put a request or something for the price of the PB on my CC but with my particular card they only have 4 days to withdraw the funds from my CC, they failed to do it in the time limit so my CC refunded the amount back to my card.

I'm expecting an order canceled email within the next few days, and I suspect that's what's happening with all these orders canceled emails people are getting, it's because shopBB is taking too long to withdraw the funds from your CC's once they make the request.
    11-30-11 10:33 PM
    I just called them up. They say that money from credit card has been released but the merchand (shopblackberry) hasn't claimed the money yet. I asked them whether there was any issue related to high risk transaction on their part but they clearly said there is nothing like that and we have already released USD 199 to Shopblackberry but they are yet to claim the amount.

I asked them to cancel the payment but they said they cannot unless shopblackberry informs them that order has been cancelled and they are not going to claim the money.

Weired situation. Now I'm 100% sure RIM and Shopblackberry have misled us by giving stupid reason of "high risk" transaction. When my bank doesn't have problem and released the money who they **** are RIM/SB to say that my transaction is a high-risk transaction?

CSR suggested that there is another way to stop the payment. All we need to do is email or fax scanned copy of the order cancellation email sent by Shopblackbeery to us. Otherwise, our money will be locked up unless shopblackberry claims it or sends a notification to bank about order cancellation.

I swear not to buy any BB product in futuree. These guys simply suck.
    11-30-11 11:11 PM
    I just called them up. They say that money from credit card has been released but the merchand (shopblackberry) hasn't claimed the money yet. I asked them whether there was any issue related to high risk transaction on their part but they clearly said there is nothing like that and we have already released USD 199 to Shopblackberry but they are yet to claim the amount.

I asked them to cancel the payment but they said they cannot unless shopblackberry informs them that order has been cancelled and they are not going to claim the money.

Weired situation. Now I'm 100% sure RIM and Shopblackberry have misled us by giving stupid reason of "high risk" transaction. When my bank doesn't have problem and released the money who they **** are RIM/SB to say that my transaction is a high-risk transaction?

CSR suggested that there is another way to stop the payment. All we need to do is email or fax scanned copy of the order cancellation email sent by Shopblackbeery to us. Otherwise, our money will be locked up unless shopblackberry claims it or sends a notification to bank about order cancellation.

I swear not to buy any BB product in futuree. These guys simply suck.
    You can buy a BB product, just don't buy it from that particular place.
    11-30-11 11:12 PM
827 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD