RIM/Globalware made a mistake. They compounded that mistake by not immediately owning up to it and providing effecient and effective recourse. That is not bashing. That is stating what happened.
    Going further to say that RIM isn in a fragile position right now with a poor public image is not bashing. That is stating the obvious. Going even further by saying that RIM is doing itself a dis-service by not effectively and efficiently correcting the mistake is not bashing, that's restaing the obvious and providing an opinion.
    We purchased a product. The vendor has failed to produce that product.
    This thread was started specifically for people to voice their opinions and to get answers that were not forthcoming from the vendor.
    Bashing would be taking the above facts, and then launching into a 100 word tirade about how awful RIM is and how nothing they ever do is right and how they're contributing to global warming and the delinquacy of minors. Bashing would be taking 100 words to say that RIM is causing cats and dogs to lie down together.
    Now, in 148 posts, did some people go a little far and make unsubstantiated disparaging comments about RIM? Yes. SOME people did. Most of us are just venting our frustration and trying to get a straight answer.

I know that some of the people who posted positive posts were trying to help, but by criticzing and attempting to correct everyone else, you've only stirred the nest. You haven't been helpful. You've been judgemental which has served to only increase our frustration.

Helpful is providing a list of phone numbers or email addresses through which we could access support.

Some people have reported that they received some sort of answer saying that their product will be delivered. Those responses have not been consistent.

I know that when I login, my order still shows cancelled. That means the problem has not been resolved. If you called and got a positive response and your order status was changed and/or you've received your merchandise, then maybe YOUR problem has been resolved. It does not mean that EVERYONE's problem has been resolved.

Just because you have something nice to say, doesn't mean you're right. It doesn't mean you're wrong. But it also doesn't mean it gives you the right to disregard other's opinions or judge their value.

If you're satisfied with the process, then good for you. That's great. Not all of us are in the same boat. Show some respect of other's opinions and experiences.
    11-30-11 03:20 PM
    I just re read post #114, are we ment to take this as Gospel ?
    Why don't you just try and call them yourself? If you are not happy with the service you are receiving and believe that you can get it elsewhere then cancel your order from shopbb.

No use anyone getting mad at the guy/gal that posted post #114. Obviously that person is just giving their experience when calling shopbb.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    11-30-11 03:23 PM
    It looks like blackberry is the suspicious one for charging people and then cancelling the order.

Once again, RIM demonstrates its inability to do anything right!

I too ordered two separate PB. One charged to me and one charged and billed to my friend and they cancelled the 1st order but have the 2nd one being held right now.

I suspect they will cancel it because it is billed and shipped to my work address not my home address, in Canada.

And yes, this is a thread to vent our frustration with having our orders cancelled.

Also, I have sent emails and tried to call all day. No response to email and busy or dead phone line when called.
    Last edited by coxwain; 11-30-11 at 03:53 PM.
    11-30-11 03:28 PM
    You really do have teachers to thank for your superb reading comprehension skills Tmann.
    11-30-11 03:28 PM
    I emailed them to cancel my order. they don't reply
    11-30-11 03:33 PM
    136 matches up with post #3. As stated multiple times, RIM will get back to those "afflicted" within the next 24 to 48 hours via phone call and/or e-mail. That should be clear enough. Ever wonder how many thousands of orders were placed just on the RIM site alone for PB's this past 4 day holiday weekend?
    Thanks RIM. I appreciate the official response.
    Your statement contradicts what other people have been hearing from the same 1-866 number. Even the CSRs are not telling the same story.

It only takes one process to send out an email blast... ahem, like the one they sent out last night.

***I JUST GOT THROUGH!!***
    After 5 hrs, I got through on the phone. The CSR said, "I cannot speak to the status of your order. I can escalate the issue, but cannot guarantee that your order is still valid. You will hear from us in 24/48 hrs."

So, alnamvet68, is post #114 still valid? Please enlighten me.
    Last edited by bloojays123; 11-30-11 at 03:38 PM.
    11-30-11 03:33 PM
    Yep, I see it has also happened to me. Email from BB arrived last night saying that my order for 3 of the 16gb Playbooks, placed a week ago, has been cancelled because it was flagged as a "high risk" transaction. Well, aside from the fact that there is nothing wrong with my card account, the fact that this has happened to just about everyone ordering a 16gb PB establishes that there is some other reason for the cancellation.

Let's face it, while a few BB employees desperately posting here would have it otherwise, obviously BB (or at least the BB Playbook) is in trouble...
    11-30-11 03:37 PM
    136 matches up with post #3. As stated multiple times, RIM will get back to those "afflicted" within the next 24 to 48 hours via phone call and/or e-mail. That should be clear enough. Ever wonder how many thousands of orders were placed just on the RIM site alone for PB's this past 4 day holiday weekend?
    But that doesn't match up with your post #114's excuse (RIM's) which was supposed to be the key post in this entire thread, does it? What I'm trying to say is people are STILL getting different excuses as to why their orders are getting canceled. 1) system error 2) they have software that flags suspicious orders and 3) mismatched info. Of course they're going to say they will contact those "afflicted" within a time frame of 24hrs. Obviously, they won't simply tell customers to F off and we can't do anything about it, will they?

I don't care how many orders were placed as it's not our issue as consumers to deal with it. They started this promotion, they should have been better prepared. They were not, no biggie, send out an official release and get the speculation over with.
    11-30-11 03:39 PM
    Here's the latest story,

"Your billing address and CC number don't match. We cannot reinstate your order and you will need to repurchase to enter the correct info".
    11-30-11 03:50 PM
    Here's the latest story,

"Your billing address and CC number don't match. We cannot reinstate your order and you will need to repurchase to enter the correct info".
    So I ship to my house where nobody is located then the PB is delayed another week. Or I could ship to my work where people receive packages all day long.

too bad, so sad!
    11-30-11 03:57 PM
    As I recall, the user interface for the order form was very buggy and did not like/handle having the shipping address differ from the billing address.

I remember that on my first order, it over wrote the bill address with the shipping address and I had to reenter the data.

I've reviewed my 3 separate orders (i was shipping to 3 different addresses).
    The one that was cancelled and did show the incorrect bill address. I suspect that the website has software bugs and messed up a tonne of peoples orders.

Still stupid to accept the order. Looks like the other 2 good orders may still be cancelled judging from everybody else's comments.
    11-30-11 04:01 PM
    I remember that a warning msg stated this criteria when doing the initial order.
    Bill Address = CC address
    11-30-11 04:03 PM
    For my cancelled order, the billing address matches my credit card address, so this is a red herring.
    11-30-11 04:09 PM
    I told the guy that too! I said, I put in the billing address (which was defaulted to the shipping address), went back to look at my cart, then went to the the payment page and hit submit. The page didn't remember the billing address and populated it with my shipping address.

I'm on the line with the supervisor and i'm demanding i get my order fulfilled.

Funny thing is, they're speaking like they've never heard of this issue until now. I'm going on 1 hr and 17 minutes on the phone. alnamvet68, do you want to keep me entertained with a few more statements?
    Last edited by bloojays123; 11-30-11 at 04:18 PM.
    11-30-11 04:13 PM
    This "shipping address must match billing address" excuse is bunk. The order intake system clearly was designed so that they could be different. In any case, they were the same for many/most? of the cancelled orders. This makes at least 4 different excuses, none of them having any merit. Why doesn't RIM just email out a notice admitting it screwed up? The way it has handled this latest wrinkle on its "fire sale" of PBs does not inspire confidence in any of its promises concerning the PB...
    chriskayTO likes this.
    11-30-11 04:19 PM
    I told the guy that too! I said, I put in the billing address (which was defaulted to the shipping address), went back to look at my cart, then went to the the payment page and hit submit. The page didn't remember the billing address and populated it with my shipping address.

I'm on the line with the supervisor and i'm demanding i get my order fulfilled.

Funny thing is, they're speaking like they've never heard of this issue until now. I'm going on 1 hr and 17 minutes on the phone. alnamvet68, do you want to keep me entertained with a few more statements?
    Ahhhhhh, ha ha ha ha ha, no thanks; you're doing just fine keeping us entertained. March on Rambo, go get some and make those RIM folk puke. Let them know bloo is raining Armageddon on all those miscreants in the northern territories. Tell them you're related to Napolean and this is gonna' be their new Waterloo. LMAO
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 11-30-11 at 04:27 PM.
    11-30-11 04:24 PM
    I wonder what has happened to customer service? Remember that? It was something that companies used to provide, circa 20th century. Getting good customer service today is almost surreal.
    11-30-11 04:36 PM
    Im guessing all the rim employees are reading this and laughing at us as the play on their $99 playbooks that were fulfilled preventing us from getting ours lol
    This thread harkens back to the HP Touchpad firesale...

A reseller on Amazon, OnSale, offered the Touchpad's for $99/16 GB and $149/32 GB. Orders poured in and OnSale's inventory system didn't update to Amazon, so Amazon kept taking orders. A few days later, after everyone who ordered thought they had finally secured a Touchpad and passed on other online sales, mass cancellations appeared. Everyone was mad at Amazon. Reports came in that everyone who ordered directly from OnSale got their orders shipped but everyone who ordered through Amazon were canceled. The hypothesis was that OnSale honored their direct sales first, independent of when orders were placed, so that they could avoid paying the Amazon store front fee. Amazon purchasers retaliated by driving down OnSale's Resellerratings.com rating.

Weeks pass by and OnSale was able to secure more stock from HP (speculated to be about 1000 units). OnSale announced that they would go back and honor Amazon orders and would be contacting original purchasers. Unfortunately, this public announcement led everyone who had ordered (they actually had unique order numbers assigned, so no new purchasers could jump in) to call them to secure a Touchpad. Once again, time of order was not honored as OnSale became overwhelmed by phone calls and very desperate and insistent buyers. Busy lines and on-hold times from 30 minutes to 2 hours were reported. Further, their ordering and billing departments were separate, which required two calls if addresses/phone numbers/etc. didn't match up with the credit card.

In the end, the lessons learned were:

1. If buying through Amazon, buy direct from the reseller.
    2. Pay extra for quicker delivery, as those orders get sent out first, independent of order times.
    3. Make sure your credit card info matches.
    So I ship to my house where nobody is located then the PB is delayed another week. Or I could ship to my work where people receive packages all day long.

too bad, so sad!
    No, the post you quoted said - "Your billing address and CC number don't match. We cannot reinstate your order and you will need to repurchase to enter the correct info"

BILLING address, not SHIPPING address. Of course your billing address has to match the CC you use.
    11-30-11 04:40 PM
    Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. The Samsung 7" Plus is now hitting the market, and out of the box, it's going to provide most of what RIM promised for the Playbook but may never actually provide...
    11-30-11 04:41 PM
    Im guessing all the rim employees are reading this and laughing at us as the play on their $99 playbooks that were fulfilled preventing us from getting ours lol
    Good point. RIM apparently overextended itself on those "fire sales." A few of these employees are also loyally supporting RIM's lame excuses on this thread, which I guess is the least they feel they can do for their $99 machines...
    11-30-11 04:44 PM
    Keep an eye on slick deals. Problem is nobody can feel confident buying something else because we have heard it was a mistake, they were indeed cancelled and or maybe we will send an email or turn the phones back on. Kinda got a $200 question mark sitting out there.
    11-30-11 04:45 PM
    Ok, I just got off the phone again... here's the real story as i pieced together info the supervisor said over our half hour conversation...

- They turned off real time payment processing for the thanksgiving rush in order to maximize throughput. They turned on 'auth only'. To process an order you need to 'auth' and 'settle'.
    - They batched the payments, starting on Monday
    - Rules like 'CVV Code should match', 'billing address should match CC', '3 attempts and don't authorize' were all turned on.
    - anyone who failed the payment settle got their order cancelled
    (I know these payment processing rules because i'm in the industry)

I talked to the supervisor who was very kind and said its been the worse day over there. She said that they're trying to figure out the best way to deal with the issue. I told her, for what its worth, doing something is better than nothing. It would have saved us hours of our day.

She didn't say this, but the logistics of cleaning this up is difficult.
    - If its a billing address not matching shipping, they would have to physically call each person because there is no way to do that online (she said they themselves, cannot modify an order).
    - if its a CVV mismatch, then its even worse as its frowned upon to give the CVV over the phone
    - if its a 3-attempts and locked out scenario, they would need another card from you.

I told her, the easiest way is to turn off all the rules (which puts RIM more liable if any of the transactions are fraud) and process the payments.

So, in short, they know about it, but don't know how to deal with it.
    11-30-11 04:59 PM
    Damn, quite a mess but it's possible that that many people put the wrong info in? Also, did you know when they turned real time processing back on? Maybe we can see who's order got canceled and when and maybe be certain once and for all?

And when you say "batched the payments" on Monday, does that mean they were "settling" the payments?
    11-30-11 05:04 PM
827 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD