I agree cogsinister. As of now we have nothing and nothing saying otherwise. We will see.
    11-30-11 01:10 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered last Friday and received the email last night as well. When I contacted Blackberry, they tried to disassociate themselves from "shopblackberry.com". After being put on hold several times for 4 - 5 minutes at a time I was told they were working on the "issue". They would no elaborate on what "issue" means. They gave me email addresses to email to because the 1-866 number on the site just keeps saying "all circuts busy" or it cuts off without ringing and the other number on the site is disconnected! Unbelievable ... what are they thinking? I read the posts that say "just call them .. it's likely a glitch". There's no one answering any phones on that website and Blackberry customer support says they don't know what the issue is. I have emailed both addresses they gave me first thing this morning, but have heard nothing back. Totally unacceptable from a company that's attempting to rebuild their reputation.
    11-30-11 01:20 PM
    Did anyone order via the website and NOT receive any sort of email? Confirmation, cancellation, slow delivery notice, etc?
    11-30-11 01:26 PM
    Did anyone order via the website and NOT receive any sort of email? Confirmation, cancellation, slow delivery notice, etc?
    If you read every post in this thread, you would have come across mine that not only did I get a confirmation of the order placed on Thanksgiving evening, but I also got a Fed Ex tracking number yesterday, and I will have my 3 PB's tomorrow.
    11-30-11 01:29 PM
    darn.. i ordered mine on shopblackberry 2 days ago on the 28th... most of you guys ordered it a week before i ordered mine and have not received it yet.. at this rate, i won't get it until 2012 probably.. UGHHH....
    11-30-11 01:30 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered last Friday and received the email last night as well. When I contacted Blackberry, they tried to disassociate themselves from "shopblackberry.com". After being put on hold several times for 4 - 5 minutes at a time I was told they were working on the "issue". They would no elaborate on what "issue" means. They gave me email addresses to email to because the 1-866 number on the site just keeps saying "all circuts busy" or it cuts off without ringing and the other number on the site is disconnected! Unbelievable ... what are they thinking? I read the posts that say "just call them .. it's likely a glitch". There's no one answering any phones on that website and Blackberry customer support says they don't know what the issue is. I have emailed both addresses they gave me first thing this morning, but have heard nothing back. Totally unacceptable from a company that's attempting to rebuild their reputation.
    Please read post #114.
    11-30-11 01:32 PM
    If the customer service experience and ordering process of those affected continues to give you angst, and no matter what the reasons for the errors of late give you no satisfaction, then I will say that the PB and/or Blackberry may not be for you. RIM goes through enough bashing by everyone without a BB product, has had a number of unfortunate blackouts with their service, and now this order fiasco which RIM is going to make right, yet some prefer to continue to hate on RIM. Well, hate on, cancel your orders, break up your BB phones, give away that worthless non-functioning PB to Goodwill, beat your domestic partner for sticking with his/her BB phone or PB, buy an iPad and maybe, just maybe, you will stop posting your mis-information, your dis-information, your angry rhetoric, your inability to take a world view of what is happening, and in this case, has happened, and focus that negativity in a forum like the iPad forums where you can continue to hate on and talk trash about how 'effed up RIM is. The problem has been solved by RIM, and if you're still not satisfied, then just move on and let the rest of us enjoy the positives that is the BB/PB experience. I don't want to get all Biblical on some of you, but if you are without fault, then be my guest and throw a cinder block through one of the 30+ windows adorning my sugar shack.
    what has RIM solved exactly ? there's still no official word from them, still no replies to emails, still a pain to get them on the phone . I still have no idea if my order is still active or cancelled. I didn't get the cancellation email, just order confirmation and dead silence for almost a week. and we should be satisfied with the word of one agent saying that it was a glitch and all will receive their playbooks ? really ?

this is why RIM think they can get away with this. the people who think it's really no big deal. the logic is if you want good service , u should buy apple, right ?
    11-30-11 01:34 PM
    If you read every post in this thread, you would have come across mine that not only did I get a confirmation of the order placed on Thanksgiving evening, but I also got a Fed Ex tracking number yesterday, and I will have my 3 PB's tomorrow.
    I guess you didn't read my previous post properly?
    11-30-11 01:36 PM
    what has RIM solved exactly ? there's still no official word from them, still no replies to emails, still a pain to get them on the phone . I still have no idea if my order is still active or cancelled. I didn't get the cancellation email, just order confirmation and dead silence for almost a week. and we should be satisfied with the word of one agent saying that it was a glitch and all will receive their playbooks ? really ?

this is why RIM think they can get away with this. the people who think it's really no big deal. the logic is if you want good service , u should buy apple, right ?
    Read Post # 114.
    11-30-11 01:36 PM

Read Post #114
    11-30-11 01:37 PM
    On hold for 45 mins and talked for less than 2 mins with the support guy.
    Basically he said my billing address does not match the credit card address (i told me i ordered before) and said they will email me within 24hrs with new instructions.
    11-30-11 01:39 PM
    Buy apple for top notch service. Buy everything else and cross your fingers. Companies forget the product is only half the sale. This is why companies like rim and hp falter. I call apple. Boom i always know exactly what im getting or how the problem will be solved. With rim and hp its dropped calls and endless waits. Why defend them. It is what it is regardless of the outcome. I have used my credit card online hundreds of times. Nothing wrong with my billing address just alot wrong with rim
    11-30-11 01:40 PM
    Buy apple for top notch service. Buy everything else and cross your fingers. Companies forget the product is only half the sale. This is why companies like rim and hp falter. I call apple. Boom i always know exactly what im getting or how the problem will be solved. With rim and hp its dropped calls and endless waits. Why defend them. It is what it is regardless of the outcome. I have used my credit card online hundreds of times. Nothing wrong with my billing address just alot wrong with rim
    See ya' on the Apple forums.
    Bckrrupps37 likes this.
    11-30-11 01:42 PM
    Last night I received the cancellation email around 8pm. I had logged two separate orders - one for the PB and another for an accessory bundle. It turned out this was for the accessory bundle. I also received the same email at 2am for the same accessory order.

When I check the status online, the accessory order shows "Cancelled" but my PB order still shows "Received".

So clearly this issue has affected not only PB orders but others, too.

Still hopeful I will receive my PB!

EDIT: I wanted also to say thanks to those who wasted time on hold this morning to reach someone - I tried and tried to get through but after about a half hour of constantly hanging up and pressing redial, I gave up. I appreciate the effort you took to talk to a real live person.
    oemastiff likes this.
    11-30-11 01:43 PM
    If the customer service experience and ordering process of those affected continues to give you angst, and no matter what the reasons for the errors of late give you no satisfaction, then I will say that the PB and/or Blackberry may not be for you. RIM goes through enough bashing by everyone without a BB product, has had a number of unfortunate blackouts with their service, and now this order fiasco which RIM is going to make right, yet some prefer to continue to hate on RIM. Well, hate on, cancel your orders, break up your BB phones, give away that worthless non-functioning PB to Goodwill, beat your domestic partner for sticking with his/her BB phone or PB, buy an iPad and maybe, just maybe, you will stop posting your mis-information, your dis-information, your angry rhetoric, your inability to take a world view of what is happening, and in this case, has happened, and focus that negativity in a forum like the iPad forums where you can continue to hate on and talk trash about how 'effed up RIM is. The problem has been solved by RIM, and if you're still not satisfied, then just move on and let the rest of us enjoy the positives that is the BB/PB experience. I don't want to get all Biblical on some of you, but if you are without fault, then be my guest and throw a cinder block through one of the 30+ windows adorning my sugar shack.
    Listen, I'm on my 6th blackberry and loyal ever since their first release. I have every right to voice my opinion if I feel that the company isn't doing right. Its not mis-information or dis-information (whatever dis-information is). Its a forum. If RIM had a forum or someone I could talk to, i would. But i can't get a hold of anyone!
    Everyone has a right to their own opinion. If you feel you want to control people's posts and moderate to only a given viewpoint then you can live in a bubble where RIM is great and you stand behind them regardless of anything. I have not voiced a single bad opinion of RIM in my 10 years of using RIM and am a huge advocate. So, don't come here and get mad at people who feel they didn't receive good customer service. It doesn't take more than half an hour to send an email blast to say, "hey, ignore the previous message". Why should I have to come to this forum to find out what the status of my blackberry playbook order is? Its because they haven't said anything. We have every right to say how we feel and hopefully somebody from RIM sees the market temperature and does something about it.

Beating your domestic partner? Whatever man.
    Last edited by bloojays123; 11-30-11 at 02:15 PM.
    oemastiff and firepsych like this.
    11-30-11 02:13 PM
    spoke to a rep on the phone after waiting for 20 minutes who said someone will contact me within 24 hours.

i then went out and got the last 32gb (no 16s or 32s) at futureshop because today appears to be the last day of the price drop just in case rim doesnt come through.
    11-30-11 02:14 PM
    Listen, I'm on my 6th blackberry and loyal ever since their first release. I have every right to voice my opinion if I feel that the company isn't doing right. Its not mis-information or dis-information (whatever dis-information is). Its a forum. If RIM had a forum or someone I could talk to, i would. But i can't get a hold of anyone!
    Everyone has a right to their own opinion. If you feel you want to control people's posts and moderate to only a given viewpoint then you can live in a bubble where RIM is great and you stand behind them regardless of anything. I have not voiced a single bad opinion of RIM in my 10 years of using RIM and am a huge advocate. So, don't come here and get mad at people who feel they didn't receive good customer service. It doesn't take more than half an hour to send an email blast to say, "hey, ignore the previous message". Why should I have to come to this forum to find out what the status of my blackberry playbook order is? Its because they haven't said anything. We have every right to say how we feel and hopefully somebody from RIM sees the market temperature and does something about it.

Beating your domestic partner? Whatever man.

And now it's my turn for you to listen; the post was not directed at you, but anyone not taking the time to read every post in this thread. Post #114 should have given you some idea what's going on. If you read it and still feel all this anger and bitterness towards RIM, then yes, you have the right to voice it. What I am pointing more to is the fact that a sudden rash of new posters who in their first post have jumped on the bash RIM bandwagon because of an issue with the ordering process that RIM had starting on a 4 day weekend. If you can't see past your rage, then that's on you. Oh, and "whatever man."
    11-30-11 02:21 PM
    And now it's my turn for you to listen; the post was not directed at you, but anyone not taking the time to read every post in this thread. Post #114 should have given you some idea what's going on. If you read it and still feel all this anger and bitterness towards RIM, then yes, you have the right to voice it. What I am pointing more to is the fact that a sudden rash of new posters who in their first post have jumped on the bash RIM bandwagon because of an issue with the ordering process that RIM had starting on a 4 day weekend. If you can't see past your rage, then that's on you. Oh, and "whatever man."
    Yep, I registered here today because its the first thing that came up when i googled "Blackberry Playbook Order Cancelled?". I did that because there was nothing on their website, the email said to call a number that was constantly busy, the sale ends today and I was expecting it to come in for my wife's birthday on Dec 8 since they sent me an email the day before to say shipping would be within 5-6 days. So if i was able to get a hold of someone through formal channels, i wouldn't have posted. I had to go to the outside world to find out the status of my order and found similar people who were equally frustrated. RIM hasn't done anything yet to solve the issue. Just because a CSR told someone who posted on this board? Thats not kudos to RIM, thats kudos to a user who was lucky enough to talk to someone and post on this board.
    I bought 2 playbooks because i figured that i would have spent the same amount on one iPad 2. One for each of us. So a CSR would have gotten my questions. Since I can't talk to anyone, I go to the community. Rage? No rage, just frustration.
    akaquietstorm likes this.
    11-30-11 02:33 PM
    So based on your logic we have to be forum "regulars" to be able to bash? People are entitled to their opinion whether they're new or old on a forum. While you post #114 does explain the situation, if you read the posts after your #114 you will realize that people are still getting different reasons/excuses as to why their orders have been canceled.

SO, unless everything is unified on the same page or some official announcement (which is not much to ask for) is made or people actually receive an update email, people are still going to be worried. Relax, it's as if you're policing the forums.
    11-30-11 02:34 PM
    Why should i have to find a forum and read through 10 pages of posts and still not come away with a difinitive answer. Thats the problem for many users. Spin it anyway you want bloojays makes valid points. And i dont care about post 114. Its not official. Could be an agent wanting to move through the calls cause he is as frustrated as we are. Maybe not and furthermore many are new users here with low post counts excited about a tablet they cant get. You were all new users at one point also.
    Last edited by Bckrrupps37; 11-30-11 at 02:45 PM.
    11-30-11 02:36 PM

On the blackberry forum, someone just got through 5 mins ago and ***the story isn't the same as post #114***. This is why they need an official statement.

QUOTE:
    After 5.5 *hrs* of callings and unlimited counts of busy signal, I finally managed to talk to a live person on Nov 30 at 3:30pm after 45 minutes of being placed on hold at shopblackberry.com. They said they have a software to flag suspicious transactions and I ask them what was suspicious in my orders and they cannot tell. They said they will escalate it to management and have someone get back to me.

Doesn't sound like the same response. So you tell me, should i take post #114's word for it or keep calling? I guess I should ask RIM. OOPS.
    Last edited by bloojays123; 11-30-11 at 02:58 PM.
    11-30-11 02:44 PM
    On the blackberry forum, someone just got through 5 mins ago and ***the story isn't the same as post #114***. This is why they need an official statement.

QUOTE:
    After 5.5 *hrs* of callings and unlimited counts of busy signal, I finally managed to talk to a live person on Nov 30 at 3:30pm after 45 minutes of being placed on hold at shopblackberry.com. They said they have a software to flag suspicious transactions and I ask them what was suspicious in my orders and they cannot tell. They said they will escalate it to management and have someone get back to me.

Doesn't sound like the same response. So you tell me, should i take post #114's word for it or keep calling? I guess I should ask RIM. OOPS.
    Ha ha, we're on both forums

That's what many are saying, there is still no definitive answer and even post #136 here has a different response.
    11-30-11 02:49 PM
    I just re read post #114, are we ment to take this as Gospel ?
    11-30-11 03:04 PM
    I just re read post #114, are we ment to take this as Gospel ?
    You can take it as you wish.
    11-30-11 03:15 PM
    Ha ha, we're on both forums

That's what many are saying, there is still no definitive answer and even post #136 here has a different response.
    136 matches up with post #3. As stated multiple times, RIM will get back to those "afflicted" within the next 24 to 48 hours via phone call and/or e-mail. That should be clear enough. Ever wonder how many thousands of orders were placed just on the RIM site alone for PB's this past 4 day holiday weekend?
    11-30-11 03:19 PM
827 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD