just checked my online banking... the charge is still pending... almost 7 days after the initial purchase...

this is not because of the bank.

I contacted RIM's US Headquarters in Texas, spoke to someone after about a minute wait, was told that since ShopBlackBerry is a 3rd-party, they have no idea what the problem is, and to call the 3rd-party.

I guess people just need to keep blowing up ShopBlackberry's main number (the one given in the e-mail) or i'd say to contact GlobalWare Solutions, who ShopBlackBerry is under.
    11-30-11 11:00 AM
    sorry, I should specify. the front site is working, but (at least in canada) you cannot login to an account to check or submit an order.
    My tracking page on the website never worked, so i have never bee able to check the status of my order and emails to sales with the order number have gotten no response at all.
    11-30-11 11:02 AM
    Anyone in the US fancy calling Globalwares head office ?

(978) 469-7500.
    11-30-11 11:04 AM
    I was on hold for 40 minutes but finally got though...

My customer service agent told me that there was a system error that caused the error announcement to be sent. As such, my order would be filled and that I would hear from a a manager in the next 24 hours.

I hope they would fill my order since they already billed me...

Grrr......
    cogsinister likes this.
    11-30-11 11:13 AM
    If you are having troubles logging in, try using another browser or clearing your browser cache. I had problems ordering on the 23rd using Firefox on a Mac. I was getting a web server error. When I switched to Safari as a web browser, there was no problem making the order.

Again today, I tried logging in using Firefox and got the web server error. I then tried Safari, logged in without any problem and was able to check my order status. It is still showing as received.
    11-30-11 11:14 AM
    I was on hold for 40 minutes but finally got though...

My customer service agent told me that there was a system error that caused the error announcement to be sent. As such, my order would be filled and that I would hear from a a manager in the next 24 hours.

I hope they would fill my order since they already billed me...

Grrr......
    Makes you wonder why someone at blackberry didn't just send out an email blast to say, "please ignore the previous correspondence". Simple customer service. Hundreds of people have spent hours trying to find out what is happening.
    11-30-11 11:19 AM
    I received the same message - I think it's a pretty bs excuse to pull this considering the sale ends today!! I'll be calling at 8am to sort it.

UPDATE: I can't even get a call through - gets cut off or quick busy signal
    UPDATE 2: I just spoke to a rep on the phone after waiting 30 mins on hold. He advised that they are escalating the order and in his words "they will be honouring the order AND price". He also stated that I will be receiving an email in the next 24 hours or so confirming this.

We'll see........
    11-30-11 11:20 AM
    Yeah, we shall see......i will believe it when the PB is in my hands.
    11-30-11 11:22 AM
    Fire, you have to understand that all these cancellations are not generated by real people, but by software programs that are highly encrypted and not subject to making objective decisions, or predisposed to making phone calls when an order appears suspect. The Thanksgiving holiday was 4 days, and I'm sure there were no living entities manning the order desk, just some computer, which, on several occasions, bogged down due to an inordinate number of internet orders. I ordered my three PB's Thanksgiving night, and I will have them tomorrow per Fed Ex tracking. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for these glitches some are having, but I have no doubt the issue(s) will be solved once you all make contact at RIM with a live person. Lastly, if I ordered from the Sears site that $72.00 PB, I would be highly suspicious, but I have every confidence in RIM that they will make things right.
    Not always. My job for Best Buy/Futureshop was in the auto verification queue. There was an office of us who spent all day calling some 50 banks all over NA to verify orders that were flagged suspicious. If told the information on the order was a mismatch, we manually noted and failed the order which triggered an email to the customer that there was a problem with their card information and they had 7-10 days to correct it. When it was edited by the customer it went back in the queue and we verified with the bank again. Only if we didn't hear back would the order cancel. If RIMS contracted company is just cancelling orders with no attempt to correct that's pretty crappy service.

I was pretty good at it, by the end I could rotate 3 lines to banks based on hold times and verify about 60 an hour.
    TBone4eva and firepsych like this.
    11-30-11 11:26 AM
    Uh oh, me thinks an "Occupy Rim" is in the works.
    That right there is some funny stuff.
    11-30-11 11:26 AM
    You know, all I gotta say is that I better not get that email. Because that is BS. Hope you guys get your PBs as well as me, I ordered directly from RIM because I wanted to go straight to the source. If this happens, I don't know if I will remain a born again RIM fan. I am very much loving my 9930 and want the PB, even with all of it's negativity but if it goes down this path, then yeah RIM is responsible for this and they lost yet another convert.
    11-30-11 11:31 AM
    system error that caused the error announcement to be sent. As such, my order would be filled
    Well there ya go. Hopefully this some of you people come up for air lol
    11-30-11 11:34 AM
    I logged into my account on RIM web side 5 min ago and it says "Inventory Hold". Didn't receive any cancellation email at all. I placed an order on Nov 26 around 1pm.
    11-30-11 11:40 AM
    Well there ya go. Hopefully this some of you people come up for air lol
    Yes, I too got off the phone with a great tech rep who said the phone lines to sales was FUBAR. Anyway, he said that everyone who ordered via the web store WILL get their orders fulfilled, AND that it indeed was a computer glitch that erroneously sent out those cancellations. He also went on to state that EVERYONE who got a cancellation e-mail will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail confirming that the order cancellations were a mistake, and given the opportunity to cancel their orders if they wish. For those who now hate RIM, or just hate them more, here's your chance to zing it to them with your own cancellation of your order(s). Anyhoo, I guess my orders slipped the computer dragnet gone hog wild, 'cause Fed Ex says mine will be here tomorrow. OK folks, take a deep breath, break out the Bacardi or Jack Daniels, pop open a bottle of Coke and have a relaxing drink on me. It's a 11:36 AM here, and dang it if I don't need a drink now after reading this thread, and just getting word the lynch mob in my honour has been cancelled.

P.S. Not everyone got a cancellation notice. If you got an order confirmation when you ordered, you are good to go.
    Roscopcoletrain and grover5 like this.
    11-30-11 11:53 AM
    * Breaks out a glass of Milk *
    11-30-11 12:07 PM
    This is great news. Errors happen and as long as it is fixed and orders filled, everyone should be happy when their new PB arrives!
    11-30-11 12:16 PM
    I paid $189 for the playbook with the $10 off promo and this morning got the cancellation email.
    called them and they gave me a refund of $227 lol. Im happy
    as I already have a PB, but ordered a backup just in case.
    11-30-11 12:20 PM
    You know, all I gotta say is that I better not get that email. Because that is BS. Hope you guys get your PBs as well as me, I ordered directly from RIM because I wanted to go straight to the source. If this happens, I don't know if I will remain a born again RIM fan. I am very much loving my 9930 and want the PB, even with all of it's negativity but if it goes down this path, then yeah RIM is responsible for this and they lost yet another convert.
    Let's just stop ignoring the pink elephant in the room.

The pb shopping experience has been unsatisfactory...at best.
    11-30-11 12:22 PM
    Let's just stop ignoring the pink elephant in the room.

The pb shopping experience has been unsatisfactory...at best.
    Its been pretty awful to be honest, but if i get my PB in a reasonable timeframe i will be happy enough.

They should give us all a free rapid charger to keep us happy.
    11-30-11 12:28 PM
    lol you guys crack me up
    11-30-11 12:31 PM
    I agree. For a company who over produced this and struggled to compete, you would expect to have the buying experience down. Firesale usually means you have way too much inventory. Its a black eye to RIM that they finally have people buzzing about this, get the market demand, and they still turn it to a negative experience. Its ok to make mistakes, but minutes count in customer service.
    11-30-11 12:32 PM
    If the customer service experience and ordering process of those affected continues to give you angst, and no matter what the reasons for the errors of late give you no satisfaction, then I will say that the PB and/or Blackberry may not be for you. RIM goes through enough bashing by everyone without a BB product, has had a number of unfortunate blackouts with their service, and now this order fiasco which RIM is going to make right, yet some prefer to continue to hate on RIM. Well, hate on, cancel your orders, break up your BB phones, give away that worthless non-functioning PB to Goodwill, beat your domestic partner for sticking with his/her BB phone or PB, buy an iPad and maybe, just maybe, you will stop posting your mis-information, your dis-information, your angry rhetoric, your inability to take a world view of what is happening, and in this case, has happened, and focus that negativity in a forum like the iPad forums where you can continue to hate on and talk trash about how 'effed up RIM is. The problem has been solved by RIM, and if you're still not satisfied, then just move on and let the rest of us enjoy the positives that is the BB/PB experience. I don't want to get all Biblical on some of you, but if you are without fault, then be my guest and throw a cinder block through one of the 30+ windows adorning my sugar shack.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 11-30-11 at 01:04 PM.
    Megacharge and bllbored like this.
    11-30-11 12:51 PM
    Oh the drama. Glad to see the meltdown was over nothing. Now some of you can move on to your next freak out knowing this one has been resolved.
    jesse_h likes this.
    11-30-11 01:02 PM
    Maybe everyone should chill until the claims of everyone's orders being satisfied actually ring true as opposed to just accepting the message with no hardware (or shipping info) in hand.
    cogsinister and firepsych like this.
    11-30-11 01:07 PM
    Oh the drama. Glad to see the meltdown was over nothing. Now some of you can move on to your next freak out knowing this one has been resolved.
    Its not been resolved yet until people who got cancelled receive there PB's some agent on a phone line saying it was all a mistake means little.

I still can not contact shopblackberry at all....
    firepsych likes this.
    11-30-11 01:08 PM
827 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD