Give it time people. You'd swear they stole your first born kid the way some of you are acting.

Take a deep breath, go get a coffee or cup of tea, and keep calling. Im sure you'll get through eventually, and it'll all be sorted out. In the mean time, do like what was suggested, call your CC company and see whats up on their end, any reason why it got flagged.
    1) In my case, it was ordered as a gift, I don't have the CC information.

Regardless, while it may seem like many of us are over-reacting,
    2) Poor customer service has been an increasing trend in the lower 48 over the last few years. This is just one more example and it's frustrating. It's very simple. I give you money, you give me product. It shouldnt' be this complicated. I don't knwo what it's like north of the border.

3) Many of us have been trying to get in touch with RIM or whomever to get answers for several days. We are doing what we should do as consumers. RIM/Globalware is not doing their part. You can phrase it any way you want. You can make any excuses you want. But the simple truth is that RIM has failed their customers in this transaction.

4) As for bashing RIM, trolling, whatever, we grow as individuals and busineses by listening to customers, friends, family, end users, whomever and taking in constructive criticism. RIM has a track record of failing often in this arena. Do they make a good product? Many times, yes. Do they have some good ideas? Quite often. But they often repeat the same mistakes. While they may have been pioneers in this field, they are now lagging behind. They will not prosper from blind devotion. They will grow by being held accountable by their supporters and detractors alike.

In the big picture, is this going to change my life? No, not really. I don't *need* a tablet right now. It's a luxury that I'm not even paying for. But, in my lines of work, failure is not an option. Poor service is not an option. I resent the constant excuses for poor customer service. It's not this issue alone that has me p*ssed off. It's this issue combined with so many others that creates a pattern. That and lack of sleep.

So, while some of you have had good experiences in the past, you're not having our experience now. This isn't a delay that will work itself out. It's a cancellation that needs to be reversed, by a company that currently isn't equipped with the manpower or technology to correct the situation. Telling us to calm down, sit tight and be patient, doesn't make the situation better. It doesn't help to get RIM to get their act together, it just p*sses us (at least me) off more.

Thanks for a well meaning attempt though. If I were in your shoes, I may have tried the same...
    rawcpoppa and cogsinister like this.
    11-30-11 08:28 AM
    The instant gratification that people demand today is one of the reasons we have so much stress in our lives. This just happened a few hours ago so it may take some time to straighten out. Our lives should not be impacted negatively so, while I understand your frustration, try to allow some time for them to straighten things out.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 11-30-11 at 08:31 AM.
    Roscopcoletrain likes this.
    11-30-11 08:29 AM
    Well, when you get through, its a silent message then drops off. The card was charged so there is nothing wrong with payment. I deal with payment gateways for a living, so i know every detail about payment processing.
    You may have already got a playbook, but I spent 3 days looking for one, finally got it, and now its cancelled. You would think buying from the manufacturer for anything would make it a sure thing.

Ive got no issue with people posting the issues with cancelled orders. Its the people who are crying like 3 year olds that are making themselves look bad. People need to act like an adults.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    11-30-11 08:29 AM
    Ive got no issue with people posting the issues with cancelled orders. Its the people who are crying like 3 year olds that are making themselves look bad. People need to act like an adults.
    You'd see less of it if people were able to get a response from blackberry. With no way of getting in touch with them, people will get frustrated... especially if there is no availability anywhere else.
    Its all about customer service. If the shopblackberry.com has a warning at the top speaking to the issue.. or even something like "We recognize our phone lines are flooded and will do our best to respond to your concerns regarding the cancellation of some orders. Your patience is appreciated"... is like 1 line of html, but it goes a long way. This is the cyber version of waiting outside a store, getting inside to buy a hot item and them taking it away from you at the register. I wouldn't be too pleased if that happened to me at any checkout.
    11-30-11 08:39 AM
    The instant gratification that people demand today is one of the reasons we have so much stress in our lives. This just happened a few hours ago so it may take some time to straighten out. Our lives should not be impacted negatively so, while I understand your frustration, try to allow some time for them to straighten things out.
    Instant gratification is ordering it Thursday morning and calling Thursday night to see why it hasn't arrived.
    Waiting two to three days for a response to an email, or trying to get through on the phone for two to three days isn't instant gratification, or wanting a valid explanation for a cancelled order is not instant gratification.

If you're going to accuse people of causing undue stress, know what you're talking about before contributing to the same stress yourself. We don't need your judgement, we need answers and resolution.
    rawcpoppa likes this.
    11-30-11 08:39 AM
    Okay, I called my cc company and they approved the transaction on the 24th, when I orginally placed the order. The charge is still actively on my account. So, it's not the cc company.
    Is it actually charged or on hold? Mine is on hold and was told it wouldn't actually be charged till the item shipped. Worst part is Amazon has a bunch of them but I cant reorder seeing as they originally screwed up my CC and there is 800$ on hold. 400 from globalware and 400 from Best Buy that neither have returned yet. This is so annoying at best.
    11-30-11 08:41 AM
    Finally got through, now lets see how long I have to wait on hold.
    11-30-11 08:43 AM
    Has anyone in Canada gotten thru to the toll free number ?
    11-30-11 08:48 AM
    I haven't, they never answer the damn phone, and I only have so many cell phone minutes. This is utterly ridiculous, and I feel it's evasive. I want to track my order and have no way to do so.
    11-30-11 08:51 AM
    Lovely, I finally got through after 1 1/2 hours. I was on hold for 5 mins, then they dropped me off the queue! now, i have to try to get reconnected again.
    11-30-11 08:51 AM
    Lovely, I finally got through after 1 1/2 hours. I was on hold for 5 mins, then they dropped me off the queue! now, i have to try to get reconnected again.
    Same here. after 5 minutes the line went dead again!!!! Very frustrating.
    11-30-11 08:53 AM
    Instant gratification is ordering it Thursday morning and calling Thursday night to see why it hasn't arrived.
    Waiting two to three days for a response to an email, or trying to get through on the phone for two to three days isn't instant gratification, or wanting a valid explanation for a cancelled order is not instant gratification.

If you're going to accuse people of causing undue stress, know what you're talking about before contributing to the same stress yourself. We don't need your judgement, we need answers and resolution.
    I am not accusing you of anything. The only one experiencing stress is you, not myself and certainly not RIM. I wish you the best.
    11-30-11 08:54 AM
    This isn't normal, what's going on here should be investigated , it's a bit suspicious.
    11-30-11 08:54 AM
    after 3 times of getting disconnected, i am finally on hold. Started the stopwatch on the Torch to find out how long i'll be on hold
    11-30-11 08:56 AM
    I am not accusing you of anything. The only one experiencing stress is you, not myself and certainly not RIM.
    Exactly my point!
    I wish you the best.
    Thank you. That and a shooting star might get me a PB by the middle of next month :-)
    11-30-11 08:57 AM
    I've been trying almost non-stop since 8am.....
    11-30-11 09:02 AM
    I've been trying almost non-stop since 8am.....
    This sucks, the number has never worked for me, even when the **** was not hitting the fan.
    11-30-11 09:06 AM
    Just keep trying, took me nearly an hour and 45 minutes to finally get through and put on hold.
    11-30-11 09:07 AM
    it took me a few times, it would be silent for about 30 seconds, click once, wait about 10 more seconds, then disconnect me. after a few more attempts, i finally heard the music-on-hold.

it's slow progress... stopwatch currently at 14 minutes
    11-30-11 09:08 AM
    Thank you. That and a shooting star might get me a PB by the middle of next month :-)
    Stay positive. Hopefully soon you will have a PB in your hands and be enjoying it like the rest of us.

I ordered mine online at bestbuy but they were backordered for 2 weeks. Two days later I called around and they had a few at a local store so I had one set aside and picked it up an hour later. You never know how things will turn out.
    11-30-11 09:11 AM
    the customer service is so terrible , I really hope they burn to the ground. it's ridiculous.
    i ordered a playbook on the 23rd, order went through and received confirmation email.
    I see the authorization on the credit card that same day but as of today still has not been charged. no idea if the order is still active or cancelled. I sent 4 emails to customer service, not a single answer. I've been trying to call for the past 4 days. it's either you get no tone at all, or you get to wait forever on the line. it is simply ridiculous.
    at this point , I wanted to just cancel it and get it at bestbuy, but i can't even do that.
    it's hard to imagine people are actually getting paid a lot of money to be so terrible at their job.

and when you come to the forums to bash RIM and how they treat customers like ****, and how apple is different, fanboys will accuse you of trolling. this is a joke of a company !
    Give it a rest. This is a successful promotion and they will get to your order as soon as they can. Go on with your day and be patient. Fanning the flame will do you no good.
    11-30-11 09:12 AM
    What the heck is going on?? Same thing here! My order placed on the 24th - Cancelled. My wife's order placed on the 24th -Cancelled. My business partner's order place on the 26 -Cancelled. Been calling all morning, finally got through, was placed on hold for over an hour. They finally picked up, she put me on hold to look up the order and she HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!! Now back on hold (20 mins and counting). This is utterly ridiculous. There is no reason for any of these orders to be cancelled, I have already talked to both my CC company and my wife's...there are no issues with our cards.

I have been a loyal Blackberry user for more than 11 years now. Living in KW I always supply my employees with RIM products (have to support local business). While I personally have no use for most of Apple's products, I have to say they could teach RIM a thing or two about customer service. When I did have an issue with my iPod, they went above and beyond what I was expecting to rectify the situation.

Will keep you posted if I am able to resolve this (although seeing the large number of posts here....I'm not very hopeful).
    11-30-11 09:20 AM
    I ordered 3 of the 16gb units yesterday (through the Employee program at RIM from a friend).

He emailed me the order confirmation today
    steppinghorse likes this.
    11-30-11 09:21 AM
    I have received the same notice as many of you. A few friends have also received the same notice..... Mean while, they shipped me the rapid charger and leather case....
    The phone number is busy (likely with other cancelled orders).....
    Any advise????

Dear Cardholder,
    Your order number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx placed on the ca.shopblackberry.com website has been cancelled as it was flagged as a high risk transaction. If you wish to place a replacement order, kindly call our call center at 1-866-xxx-xxxx and a customer service representative will assist you.
    Very best regards,
    The ShopBlackBerry.com Team
    23 minutes into waiting on hold, i spoke to an actual person, that could not give me an answer, said they are waiting from "management" to find out about this issue, and i am to be notified within 24 hours via e-mail or by phone call.

So, what they're saying is... they don't even know what's going on, and they're giving the typical "i'm escalating this to management, and they should be giving you a call shortly."

I'd expect better customer service than this.

I'm almost to the point of contacting RIM's US Headquarters... anyone for/against? Their number's just so conveniently placed right on RIM's "Contact Us" page...
827 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD