I ordered from Canada, from a Canadian company, and it was not a Holiday here, i did not know the PB's were shipped from the US.

And i feel sure that orders are being cancelled by hand and not machine, thay have screwed up and are now cancelling orders so others can be fulfilled.
    I don't know; I ordered from the BB web store here in the US and I'm assuming it's coming from a US distributor. All I'm saying is that some are quick to harshly judge RIM for an issue that none of us really know why is occuring. I didn't/don't have the problem,...mine are coming. I posted several possible reasons for the cancellations, and I may be right, or may be wrong. The day is young, so let's see where it goes once someone here finally makes contact with RIM and hopefully we'll get an objective assessment.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-30-11 07:27 AM
    Fire, you have to understand that all these cancellations are not generated by real people, but by software programs that are highly encrypted and not subject to making objective decisions, or predisposed to making phone calls when an order appears suspect. The Thanksgiving holiday was 4 days, and I'm sure there were no living entities manning the order desk, just some computer, which, on several occasions, bogged down due to an inordinate number of internet orders. I ordered my three PB's Thanksgiving night, and I will have them tomorrow per Fed Ex tracking. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for these glitches some are having, but I have no doubt the issue(s) will be solved once you all make contact at RIM with a live person. Lastly, if I ordered from the Sears site that $72.00 PB, I would be highly suspicious, but I have every confidence in RIM that they will make things right.
    Sure, blame the computers. Maybe Neo can save us :-) Maybe we can change it from RIM to HAL. (Dave, what are you doing?)

Let's say it's a computer glitch combined with the Thanksgiving holiday. That still speaks to poor planning on RIM's part. They didn't see this coming?

I'm happy that you have every confidence.

I've been trying to get in touch with Globalware, The Sentinels or RIM or whoever is responsible via phone and email for three days and have had no luck. Now with this CF, there's even less of a chance of getting through. Nope, sorry, confidence is erroded.

For what it's worth, I work two jobs. Thus my username. I provide direct client (student, patient, citizen) contact. I don't have the luxury of blaming mistakes on computers. The outcome of what I do is directly based on what I do. I worked one job yesterday, one job last night (which is why I was up at 3:00 am and noticed when RIM/Globalware/The Empire sent my cancellation notice, oh and probably why I'm extra cranky this morning) and back at my main job now. I have no tolerance for excuses and computer glitches. Especially when I'm trying to give them, MY money. I want a business to provide the service they're being paid for. If I wanted excuses, I'll call a politician.
    11-30-11 07:30 AM
    The people having cancellations because of security issues should call their credit card companies in advance of their call to the ShopBlackberry support. The card company will see if there was an attempt to approve the transaction and can have the transaction either approved it or add the other shipping address to your account so it doesn't get declined again.
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-30-11 at 07:34 AM.
    11-30-11 07:31 AM
    And here in Canada we only have 14 hours left till the $300 off offer ends, and i have not yet got thru on the phone or received ONE reply to an email to sales or help at RIM/Globalware, not one, not even a Bot.

And reading Globalwares website would lead you to thing they are the best thing to happen to ecomerce since, well since i dont know what.
    11-30-11 07:35 AM
    If I had no confidence in RIM, I wouldn't have kept my 3rd phone line a BB, I wouldn't have purchased the PB's, and I would have sold my stock when it took a nosedive from a high of I think was $60 something to the current $17.95. In the end, if you purchased with a credit card, and can't get your orders fulfilled, there is no loss to you, other then wasted time and a new found hate for RIM, which there is enough of already (unwarranted, at best), especially on this forum (of all places). I choose to be optimistic about RIM and my glass is half full. You all need to decide for yourselves whether RIM is right for you, and if this current "CF" is worth all the angst.
    11-30-11 07:39 AM
    It may very well be flagged; my wife ordered from LL Bean a couple of years ago using a different e-mail address and using the 3rd phone number on my Sprint account, neither which is on my LL Bean credit card account. Needless to say, the order was flagged, and I get an urgent e-mail and phone call from LL Bean that someone may have been fraudulently using my card to make a purchase, when I explained the situation, my account info was updated. Thankfully, this kind of security concern is a good thing, since there are thousands of unscrupulous internet and brick and mortar stores that don't care if a card is "hot"...if the purchase is approved, that's all they care about.
    This.

I work for Chase and I can tell you credit card fraud is a serious problem and issue
    11-30-11 07:43 AM
    Just checked and they charged my C.C. before they cancalled my order, and of course I can't get through to them.
    11-30-11 07:45 AM
    Just checked and they charged my C.C. before they cancalled my order, and of course I can't get through to them.
    Did they refund the money they charged ?
    11-30-11 07:49 AM
    They haven't refunded it yet on my account, and my wife got the e-mail last night, ruining the surprise that she had purchased a 16GB Playbook for me for Christmas... so now I'll have to fight RIM to get me what we rightfully purchased and have been charged (and not refunded) for.

Regardless, this is not a way to treat potential new customers and existing fans of BB products.
    11-30-11 07:52 AM
    Well my situation is this, my mom in law ordered the PB for me as a gift but to be delivered to me directly ( we live nearby in the same Province in Canada ).

I just asked her to check her email and the only one she has is the initial confirmation one saying the order has been placed, no cancellation email ( as yet ).

And no charge to her cc.

So there may still be hope.....watch this space.
    11-30-11 07:53 AM
    So i ordered my Playbook from shopblackberry.com last week (16GB) and i received my confirmation and the money was taken out of my bank account. I wake up this morning to get an email telling me the transaction seems suspicious and my order is cancelled. Of course i call them and you cannot get through. I go to the website and see they have SOLD OUT of the 16GB playbooks. So in short for all you crakcberry'ers Blackberry is screwing the consumer over with cancellations. They should upgrade us to the 32GB since they over-sold them!! Shame on you Blackberry. Hit the thread if you have had this happen to you.
    jjwritenow likes this.
    11-30-11 07:53 AM
    It really shouldn't matter what computer program is being used. It's fine if it flags the order, but then a live person should then attempt to follow up with the customer for verification. This has always been my experience with different companies when I've ordered a product and my order was flagged. There should never be an automatic cancellation of an order unless an attempt was made to contact the customer for verification.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    11-30-11 07:58 AM
    I got the same crap last night. I even cancelled my previous order from bestbuy because it was on backorder.

If this has ANYTHING to do with credit card / address verification matching, this happens at the time of processing! If blackberry.com was so concerned about this, they should have implemented Verified by Visa (VbV) or Mastercard Secure.

Even if they process the CC after entry and there is a mismatch between card and address, they should contact the person to clarify details, or allow for someone to add payment to an existing order. Another way of doing this is to do an 'authorize' at the time of entry then a 'void' at the time of purchase just to see if there is a mismatch. then process later for the actual amount when you fulfill the order.

THAT IS HOW BATCHED PROCESSING WORKS!!! You don't just cancel orders!!!

I don't care if its a 3rd party. If its shopblackberry.com, then its blackberry. Im loyal to blackberry, but this will make me go android.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-30-11 07:58 AM
    I am trying to get tru to the 1-866 number to find out the status of my order, but i get dead silence for a minute until it cuts off.

No answers to emails as you would expect.

All i want to know is where i stand.
    11-30-11 08:03 AM
    Same here. Has anyone been able to get through?

Its ridiculous that you get an email the day before thanking you for your purchase and shipping is delayed for a few days, then get an email that your order is cancelled.

This is totally unacceptable.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    11-30-11 08:06 AM
    I remeber staples doing the same to me nearing to the launch of playbook. same problem perhaps?
    11-30-11 08:08 AM
    Give it time people. You'd swear they stole your first born kid the way some of you are acting.

Take a deep breath, go get a coffee or cup of tea, and keep calling. Im sure you'll get through eventually, and it'll all be sorted out. In the mean time, do like what was suggested, call your CC company and see whats up on their end, any reason why it got flagged.
    jesse_h, rsxsniper and Mr8830C like this.
    11-30-11 08:08 AM
    the customer service is so terrible , I really hope they burn to the ground. it's ridiculous.
    i ordered a playbook on the 23rd, order went through and received confirmation email.
    I see the authorization on the credit card that same day but as of today still has not been charged. no idea if the order is still active or cancelled. I sent 4 emails to customer service, not a single answer. I've been trying to call for the past 4 days. it's either you get no tone at all, or you get to wait forever on the line. it is simply ridiculous.
    at this point , I wanted to just cancel it and get it at bestbuy, but i can't even do that.
    it's hard to imagine people are actually getting paid a lot of money to be so terrible at their job.

and when you come to the forums to bash RIM and how they treat customers like ****, and how apple is different, fanboys will accuse you of trolling. this is a joke of a company !
    11-30-11 08:09 AM
    Same here. Has anyone been able to get through?

Its ridiculous that you get an email the day before thanking you for your purchase and shipping is delayed for a few days, then get an email that your order is cancelled.

This is totally unacceptable.
    I have now lost confidence in RIM/Globalware, but i am unable to get thru to them to cancel the order so i could look for a 16 gig PB locally.

This fiasco has put me right off my coffee this morning, and that's not an easy thing to do....
    11-30-11 08:10 AM
    If this has ANYTHING to do with credit card / address verification matching, this happens at the time of processing! If blackberry.com was so concerned about this, they should have implemented Verified by Visa (VbV) or Mastercard Secure.

Even if they process the CC after entry and there is a mismatch between card and address, they should contact the person to clarify details, or allow for someone to add payment to an existing order. Another way of doing this is to do an 'authorize' at the time of entry then a 'void' at the time of purchase just to see if there is a mismatch. then process later for the actual amount when you fulfill the order.

THAT IS HOW BATCHED PROCESSING WORKS!!! You don't just cancel orders!!!

I don't care if its a 3rd party. If its shopblackberry.com, then its blackberry. Im loyal to blackberry, but this will make me go android.
    Thank you. Maybe you put it better than I did. This has nothing to do with faith, confidence or loyalty. It's simply bad business practice and poor customer service.
    11-30-11 08:10 AM
    Ok, 45 min wait on the phone and I finally got through. AND the guy I talked to doesn't know why the order was cancelled. He put me on hold a couple of times, but still couldn't get information. He forwarded my order to another dept and I will "hear from someone". THAT makes me all warm and fuzzy! So, as of right now, my order is still cancelled, and he did say I was the 7th call this morning on the same matter.

As far as cc fraud, I would think that would be confirmed at placing the order. I orginally tried to place the order online, but my Chase business card declined the order. I would guess it was because I usually buy building supplies, appliances, etc and suddenly this was electronics. I ended up placing the order via Discover.

So, I'll post an update when/if I hear from someone.
    chriskayTO likes this.
    11-30-11 08:13 AM
    Give it time people. You'd swear they stole your first born kid the way some of you are acting.

Take a deep breath, go get a coffee or cup of tea, and keep calling. Im sure you'll get through eventually, and it'll all be sorted out. In the mean time, do like what was suggested, call your CC company and see whats up on their end, any reason why it got flagged.
    Well, when you get through, its a silent message then drops off. The card was charged so there is nothing wrong with payment. I deal with payment gateways for a living, so i know every detail about payment processing.
    You may have already got a playbook, but I spent 3 days looking for one, finally got it, and now its cancelled. You would think buying from the manufacturer for anything would make it a sure thing.
    11-30-11 08:14 AM
    Well, when you get through, its a silent message then drops off. The card was charged so there is nothing wrong with payment. I deal with payment gateways for a living, so i know every detail about payment processing.
    You may have already got a playbook, but I spent 3 days looking for one, finally got it, and now its cancelled. You would think buying from the manufacturer for anything would make it a sure thing.
    i waited for a month for my playbook from us to asia and paid the full price of 499 + the uber expensive shipping and im not even complaining like the ppl here who got a playbook for 199 with a couple of bucks of shipping. patience guys.
    11-30-11 08:21 AM
    I haven't gotten an email yet, but did check my order online this morning and it says cancelled? There was a different bill to/ ship to address but called to confirm the details(ordered one for my niece also as a xmas present on my sister in laws credit card, she said just use my CC and pay me later). Called last night to make sure there was no problem, was told it will ship today or tomorrow and there was no problem with the order. Had my sister in law call her CC company and the money is on hold but hasn't been charged yet. Been trying to get through to CS since 8am this morning an hour and a half ago. still no luck, either get a busy signal or a dead line.
    11-30-11 08:22 AM
    Okay, I called my cc company and they approved the transaction on the 24th, when I orginally placed the order. The charge is still actively on my account. So, it's not the cc company.
    11-30-11 08:25 AM
827 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD