I can't believe it, when I got up earlier this morning I checked my email on my BB, and received msg during the night that Blackberry cancelled my order for 16gb PB! WTF!

Your order number SBBXXXXXXXX placed on the store.shopblackberry.com website has been cancelled as it was flagged as a high risk transaction. If you wish to place a replacement order, kindly call our call center at 1-866-957-0761 and a customer service representative will assist you

I placed the order Thurs AM, when it was still in stock BTW. I placed it on the phone and not the website.

I've called a couple of times, I called last night too, to check the status and there's never been a mention of a problem. (In fact, when I called Sun. I was told it'd ship the next day. NOT! I received the same email yesterday on the shipment update that everyone else did.

I am BEYOND pissed off! Anyone else have this happen, or am I the only lucky one?
    11-30-11 05:35 AM
    What happened when you called the number listed and requested a replacement order as instructed?

Did you ask them why it it was flagged?
    11-30-11 05:53 AM
    That usually happens when the name of the person who owns the phone number does not match up with the name of the credit/debit card used to make that purchase; it also may be flagged if there is a discrepancy with the address of the phone number used to make the purchase with the delivery address and/or name/address of the payment method. Just call them during normal business hours and make your case.
    11-30-11 05:58 AM
    I ordered two on Friday and both were cancelled last night. Wish I knew what the **** is going on!
    11-30-11 06:01 AM
    Yup, you're not the only one. Doing some Google searching this morning I saw quite a few people getting their orders canceled from shopblackberry due to a "high risk transaction"

My friend placed an order (2 PB's one for him and one for me) yesterday morning when it was still available in stock and I'm expecting he will receive that same email when he wakes up.

No matter what the issue, this is by no means the way to be dealing with clients. And when more people start waking up, you're going to see masses of people complaining how their orders are getting canceled, and rightly so
    11-30-11 06:03 AM
    That usually happens when the name of the person who owns the phone number does not match up with the name of the credit/debit card used to make that purchase; it also may be flagged if there is a discrepancy with the address of the phone number used to make the purchase with the delivery address and/or name/address of the payment method. Just call them during normal business hours and make your case.
    Well it seems a lot people have been making mistakes with there phone numbers from the other thread about ordering from shopblackberry.

My order has a different delivery address from the cardholders address, i bet my order gets wacked.
    Last edited by cogsinister; 11-30-11 at 06:06 AM.
    11-30-11 06:04 AM
    Nope, no discrepancy with the phone # and the address, and I get deliveries here almost everyday because I'm self employed and work at home. They open at 8 and I'll be calling them then.
    11-30-11 06:08 AM
    I received the same message - I think it's a pretty bs excuse to pull this considering the sale ends today!! I'll be calling at 8am to sort it.

UPDATE: I can't even get a call through - gets cut off or quick busy signal
    Last edited by bfalk; 11-30-11 at 07:03 AM.
    11-30-11 06:08 AM
    I received the same message - I think it's a pretty bs excuse to pull this considering the sale ends today!! I'll be calling at 8am to sort it.
    Lets hope you can get through to them.

Keep us posted.
    11-30-11 06:12 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    credit card info must match name and phone etc .. otherwise likely they think there is a fraud cc being used .... just followup in person!
    11-30-11 06:13 AM
    Well it seems a lot people have been making mistakes with there phone numbers from the other thread about ordering from shopblackberry.

My order has a different delivery address from the cardholders address, i bet my order gets wacked.
    It may very well be flagged; my wife ordered from LL Bean a couple of years ago using a different e-mail address and using the 3rd phone number on my Sprint account, neither which is on my LL Bean credit card account. Needless to say, the order was flagged, and I get an urgent e-mail and phone call from LL Bean that someone may have been fraudulently using my card to make a purchase, when I explained the situation, my account info was updated. Thankfully, this kind of security concern is a good thing, since there are thousands of unscrupulous internet and brick and mortar stores that don't care if a card is "hot"...if the purchase is approved, that's all they care about.
    11-30-11 06:13 AM
    Call them and then report back on this thread.
    Likely it is a problem with the payment and not RIM's willingness to supply you with product.
    When I first got my PB I ordered a case, screen protector and cradle charger from them. They couldn't tell me when any of it would ship, saying at least 6 weeks. It all showed up a couple days later.
    I am unimpressed with their order system.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    11-30-11 06:14 AM
    Dont forget RIM just pay a 3rd party fulfillment company to run shopblackberry for them we are not dealing with RIM at all but a company called Globalware.
    11-30-11 06:27 AM
    Just a little update. I called RIM a couple minutes before 8, which I also did the day I placed my order, and I couldn't even get the number to ring. They must be getting a TON of calls this a.m.
    11-30-11 06:58 AM
    I wonder if all the cancelled orders are for 16 gig PB's ?
    ron-in-cb likes this.
    11-30-11 07:00 AM
    I can't believe it, when I got up earlier this morning I checked my email on my BB, and received msg during the night that Blackberry cancelled my order for 16gb PB! WTF!

Your order number SBBXXXXXXXX placed on the store.shopblackberry.com website has been cancelled as it was flagged as a high risk transaction. If you wish to place a replacement order, kindly call our call center at 1-866-957-0761 and a customer service representative will assist you

I placed the order Thurs AM, when it was still in stock BTW. I placed it on the phone and not the website.

I've called a couple of times, I called last night too, to check the status and there's never been a mention of a problem. (In fact, when I called Sun. I was told it'd ship the next day. NOT! I received the same email yesterday on the shipment update that everyone else did.

I am BEYOND pissed off! Anyone else have this happen, or am I the only lucky one?
    Yep, this started this morning in another thread. Join the club.
    11-30-11 07:04 AM
    That may be true. It was purchased for me as a gift, so the addresses don't match and the phone numbers don't match. The last name does match. But, I ordered it last Thursday.
    They figured this out Wed morning. And oh, BTW, they won't answer the phone during business hours, but they'll send a cancellation email at 3:00am? That's B.S.!
    They couldn't call or email to get verification, they just flat out cancelled it?
    Glad to knwo RIM doesn't need my business. They must be sitting pretty on top of the technology food chain.
    11-30-11 07:07 AM

UPDATE: I can't even get a call through - gets cut off or quick busy signal
    Yup!
    Must be another service outage.
    11-30-11 07:08 AM
    I wonder if all the cancelled orders are for 16 gig PB's ?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    11-30-11 07:09 AM
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Its odd that the website starts showing the 16 gig PB as "Out of stock " yesterday and suddenly mass order cancellations start happening.
    11-30-11 07:12 AM
    Dont forget RIM just pay a 3rd party fulfillment company to run shopblackberry for them we are not dealing with RIM at all but a company called Globalware.
    RIM supplies Globalware pays Globalware to (not) sell their product. RIM is ultimately responsible for its subcontractors.

If RIM had a stellar reputation for concern about the end user, particularly the individual rather than the corporation, I could see that argument holding some more water, but alas, but RIM has proven time and again, they care little about the individual end consumer.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-30-11 07:13 AM
    RIM supplies Globalware pays Globalware to (not) sell their product. RIM is ultimately responsible for its subcontractors.

If RIM had a stellar reputation for concern about the end user, particularly the individual rather than the corporation, I could see that argument holding some more water, but alas, but RIM has proven time and again, they care little about the individual end consumer.
    It is sure looking that way.

What a mess.
    11-30-11 07:15 AM
    Fire, you have to understand that all these cancellations are not generated by real people, but by software programs that are highly encrypted and not subject to making objective decisions, or predisposed to making phone calls when an order appears suspect. The Thanksgiving holiday was 4 days, and I'm sure there were no living entities manning the order desk, just some computer, which, on several occasions, bogged down due to an inordinate number of internet orders. I ordered my three PB's Thanksgiving night, and I will have them tomorrow per Fed Ex tracking. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for these glitches some are having, but I have no doubt the issue(s) will be solved once you all make contact at RIM with a live person. Lastly, if I ordered from the Sears site that $72.00 PB, I would be highly suspicious, but I have every confidence in RIM that they will make things right.
    11-30-11 07:18 AM
    Oh, and I've also sent two emails this week to get clarification on my order and neither one has been answered.

I wonder how long this thread makes it to a Blog post on the home page, or any of the other initials based websites.....
    11-30-11 07:19 AM
    Fire, you have to understand that all these cancellations are not generated by real people, but by software programs that are highly encrypted and not subject to making objective decisions, or predisposed to making phone calls when an order appears suspect. The Thanksgiving holiday was 4 days, and I'm sure there were no living entities manning the order desk, just some computer, which, on several occasions, bogged down due to an inordinate number of internet orders. I ordered my three PB's Thanksgiving night, and I will have them tomorrow per Fed Ex tracking. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for these glitches some are having, but I have no doubt the issue(s) will be solved once you all make contact at RIM with a live person. Lastly, if I ordered from the Sears site that $72.00 PB, I would be highly suspicious, but I have every confidence in RIM that they will make things right.
    I ordered from Canada, from a Canadian company ( and the Canadian part of the site ), and it was not a Holiday here, i did not know the PB's were shipped from the US.

And i feel sure that orders are being cancelled by hand and not machine, thay have screwed up and are now cancelling orders so others can be fulfilled.
    11-30-11 07:22 AM
827 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD