I recall that the different variants of browsers on the Blackberry either used the service provider's internet connection OR it would use your company's BES internet connection. I don't recall now which Blackberry browser used which method of connecting to the internet, but my real question is what does the Playbook Bridge Browser use? I'm not real excited about having my office know what websites I surf on my personal Playbook.
    12-21-11 08:56 PM
    the PB defaults to WiFi. To insure the Browser uses your Data plan on the phone just tap the wifi icon on the top of the screen and turn it off
    12-21-11 09:29 PM
    Or to avoid using your phone's data (if your phone is corporate), turn off Bluetooth and sever the bridge for the interim.
    12-21-11 09:49 PM
    Or to avoid using your phone's data (if your phone is corporate), turn off Bluetooth and sever the bridge for the interim.
    If she shuts down both can the OP still use the internet on her PB? I do not have BES which is why I am asking.
    12-21-11 10:01 PM
    I think if both are off, there is no link/method to connect to the outside world at all.

BT is what connects the pb to the phone. So it does not matter what the phone is doing if it can't "talk" via bt with the pb. Obviously, no wifi and also no connections out.

That's what Airplane mode accomplishes - both off. NO radios.
    12-21-11 10:37 PM
    I guess that my question was not clear enough.

In cases where I cannot use WIFI, and therefore I have to use the Playbook Bridge Browser, will my company have a list of every site I visit?
    12-22-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD