I have both a Sprint 9650 (with camera running 6.0) and a VZW 9650 (without camera, running 5.0)

The Sprint pairs nicely with the PB but the Bridge app on the VZW does nothing. The app starts but highlighting and pressing "add new tablet" does nothing.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app from appworld. I have the latest version.

Any ideas? I know that I'll have to do a manual install because of no camera but I can't even get to that part on the 9650.
    Last edited by cb1111; 07-17-11 at 12:23 AM.
    07-17-11 12:18 AM
    Verify the settings (BlueTooth and Bridging) on the VZW BB 9650 to determine if it is the same as the Sprint BB 9650. BTW, I have never been able to get the pairing through camera-mode to work and have manually paired my BB9700 to my PB. Works flawlessly once set-up for the first time. I can even switch pairings between two BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook without incident.
    ceb likes this.
    07-17-11 06:55 AM
    Verify the settings (BlueTooth and Bridging) on the VZW BB 9650 to determine if it is the same as the Sprint BB 9650. BTW, I have never been able to get the pairing through camera-mode to work and have manually paired my BB9700 to my PB. Works flawlessly once set-up for the first time. I can even switch pairings between two BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook without incident.
    Interesting point.

I checked the Bluetooth options on both phones and noticed that they are identical with one exception; on the VZW phone, two of the options (desktop connectivity and wireless bypass) are grayed out. Probably because the phone is set up for OTA desktop sync with my office outlook.

Can this be the issue and how do I fix it?
    07-17-11 10:25 AM
    Interesting point.

I checked the Bluetooth options on both phones and noticed that they are identical with one exception; on the VZW phone, two of the options (desktop connectivity and wireless bypass) are grayed out. Probably because the phone is set up for OTA desktop sync with my office outlook.

Can this be the issue and how do I fix it?
    Ah... It sounds to me that the BES policy may be blocking you. The best thing might be to contact your IT folks and ask what's going on.
    ceb likes this.
    07-17-11 10:48 AM
    Ah... It sounds to me that the BES policy may be blocking you. The best thing might be to contact your IT folks and ask what's going on.
    I was afraid I'd have to do that. I'm currently 1500 miles away from them.
    07-17-11 11:14 AM
    I just updated to the new BB bridge and I was able to connect without issues.

Accordingly, it was a BB bridge software problem.
    07-19-11 11:25 PM
    No, i had the same thing hapen to me.. . I left it open and rebooted once... then it still didn't work, so i left it open and came back to it later and it was there. Makes me wonder if service books are involved now....smh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD