Haven't been to Glacier area but have been to the rest and my favorites are Banff and southern Utah. Plan ahead though if you want to enjoy a cocktail or two in Utah.
    08-27-11 11:44 PM
    I updated everything but the only apps that work, I assume, with the new updates with the Bridge are the existing apps like BBM, email, etc. Do third party apps work with the bridge now and if so, how do you get them to open in the PB?
    08-30-11 04:40 PM
    I updated everything but the only apps that work, I assume, with the new updates with the Bridge are the existing apps like BBM, email, etc. Do third party apps work with the bridge now and if so, how do you get them to open in the PB?
    Turn your wifi off and try opening the normal browser or any other non-bridge app that uses the internet. If bridge is on, they should just work!
    08-30-11 05:02 PM
    Very cool. It works great. Thanks.
    08-30-11 05:32 PM
    There's something that I consider a bug still present in Bridge 1.0.5.6.

On the BB, in OS 6 at least, you can choose which email accounts get sent to Messages and which don't. The Bridge Messages app gets all email from the BB, including email from accounts that are not sent to Messages on the BB itself.

I don't think it should work this way, or at least it should be configurable by the user. I think the Bridge Messages should mirror the BB Messages. I have one email account that I use for signups etc., as many people do. It gets a lot of spam, and I don't need or want alerts on my BB everytime something gets delivered to that account, so I don't have those emails sent to Messages. But they all get sent to PB via Bridge anyway, and that's not cool.
    08-31-11 10:42 AM
    OK is that it?? Bridged 9800 to Playbook yesterday. Did AT&T "shut it down?!"
    09-04-11 02:40 PM
    Im still having issue to auto connect after long disconnected periods.
    09-05-11 11:47 PM
    Turn your wifi off and try opening the normal browser or any other non-bridge app that uses the internet. If bridge is on, they should just work!
    Nope, didn't work.

Torch 9800
    Bridge 1.0.5.6
    Playbook OS 1.0.7
    AT&T

Any advice? Special tricks?
    09-07-11 07:11 PM
    Nope, didn't work.

Torch 9800
    Bridge 1.0.5.6
    Playbook OS 1.0.7
    AT&T

Any advice? Special tricks?
    Is the PlayBook OS 1.0.7.2942?
    09-07-11 07:17 PM
    Is the PlayBook OS 1.0.7.2942?
    Yup, it sure is.
    09-07-11 08:17 PM
    Yup, it sure is.
    Sounds to me then, like it's down to AT&T shenanigans!
    09-07-11 08:26 PM
    Sounds to me then, like it's down to AT&T shenanigans!
    Suckage! Yea, I still get a "You must have a tethering plan" message.
    09-07-11 08:41 PM
    My Playbook and Torch functioned flawlessly since I first paired the devices using the original OAT Bridge software.

Updated my Torch to OS6. Then I updated the Bridge using the software from BB Appworld. The result was I could not use the Bridge; instead received a message that I needed an ATT tether plan.

With the kind help of one of the Gurus on this forum, I removed the Bridge software from the Torch, and deleted the BlueTooth profiles from the Torch and Playbook. Also, did the "rebooth" on both devices.

Installed the OAT Bridge software from rroyy Home Page on the Torch. The Bridge now allows me to use the Bridge Browser for accessing the Internet. But the Playbook doesn't show the message, calendar, contacts, etc. from my Torch.

Any suggestion for a workaround?
    09-08-11 12:42 PM
    I'm gonna try removing the Bridge app I installed thru App World and use the OTA app and see what that does. Hopefully I can have my cake and eat it too.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    09-08-11 01:10 PM
    I'm gonna try removing the Bridge app I installed thru App World and use the OTA app and see what that does. Hopefully I can have my cake and eat it too.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Ok, that was quick! I'm posting this from my Playbook, bridged to my Torch, no tethering plan, using the normal browser, not the Bridge browser.

The OTA Bridge app allows me to do this where the AT&T App World app did not. Thanks everyone for the help and the OTA link! This rocks!
    09-08-11 01:22 PM
165 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD