Was internet tethering working before this update? because it is now, just never tried it since I got my Z10
    03-01-13 02:56 PM
    Might just be in anticipation of a PB update...

(Ahhh, let the rumors fly!!)
    Time flies except when it comes to Rim. Then time stands still until the watch is just around the corner. Then it speeds up till 60 days has passed. Then nothing happens.
    JeepBB and Uncle Remus like this.
    03-01-13 03:19 PM
    I think my dead hamster mentioned an OS update when we spoke earlier, or I could have just misheard him!
    I think either you or the dead hamster needs meds. Not sure who would be helped more.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 03:20 PM
    Might just be in anticipation of a PB update...

(Ahhh, let the rumors fly!!)
    That is cruel, dude. Don't tease like that.
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    03-01-13 03:24 PM
    Time flies except when it comes to Rim. Then time stands still until the watch is just around the corner. Then it speeds up till 60 days has passed. Then nothing happens.
    Well then, good thing they're not RIM any more.
    03-01-13 03:26 PM
    Well then, good thing they're not RIM any more.
    Ahhh, if only it were that simple.

Just change the name and wipe the slate clean.

So new, and yet so familiar, I see BBRY are still fond of things coming "soon".
    sad_old_man, FF22 and Uncle Remus like this.
    03-01-13 04:22 PM
    lol majority of the time, I could connect via the bridge, but I could reboot my playbook and my z10, and not have any connection to the bridge at all. But I have experienced the best and worst, and in no way shape or form am I a BlackBerry apologist, I am a fan, and yes somethings are really bugging me, and I will let my friend (who works at BB) know some of the issues I have, but I'm learning there's really no point in being the pessimist and pointing out all of the mishaps there are. I want BB to do well in the market, and honestly ranting non stop about the downfalls won't get anymore, the best way to get BB's attention is to contact them directly through email or twitter or call them.

Right now, the OS update that dropped for Rogers yesterday, while great, nerfed my SMS folder and I can't backup or restore from BBlink. I took to twitter and am getting somewhere with both my carrier and BB to get a fix because I'm not the only one who has had this happen.

Anyways, the whole point is, BB has come a long way, yes it sucks that you get the app before you are notified of an update, but take that up with BB themselves, Have a problem with the PlayBook not being updated in a timely fashion, don't punch BB here, go to the source and comment directly to them.
    In essence I am 100% behind your comments. This then leaves me in a bit of a quandary about why this forum or in fact crackberry actually exists. If we are all here because like both you and I, we are all blackberry users and wholeheartedly want RIM to succeed then we are here to express our feelings both good and bad about our respective products and RIM's performance. If however we are all here just to praise RIM and there products even if they are really falling way short of the mark and tell them basically everything will be okay on the next update then no wonder they have developed an unprofessional attitude towards their customer base and treat them like mushrooms.

Would you continue to work year after year for a CEO that continually refused to listen to your requests to instigate changes that could only benefit and enhance the companies performance? Or would you simply resign yourself to the day to day routine of churning out half finished products just so you can continue to pick up your pay cheque?.
    JeepBB and stillpointworks like this.
    03-01-13 04:23 PM
    I think either you or the dead hamster needs meds. Not sure who would be helped more.
    I'm way past helping F2!
    JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    03-01-13 04:25 PM
    I am stating fact and the truth. You see it as trolling. Tell me my statement isn't factual and true and I will accept your statement. If you actually had a Z10 you would know what I'm talking about.
    That will be fixed by the end of next week, post offices and customs allow.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 09:09 PM
    That will be fixed by the end of next week, post offices and customs allow.
    In that case then I will eagerly await your respected views on the Z10 when you actually own one.
    03-02-13 06:39 AM
    No issues backing up and restoring for me on new Rogers os update and for others.

Do a complete os reinstall or take off your side loaded apps and see if you can backup and restore.

As for new bridge update you still can text, BBM and so forth from z10 to playbook.

Still can only see a read me file.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-02-13 09:39 AM
    No issues backing up and restoring for me on new Rogers os update and for others.

Do a complete os reinstall or take off your side loaded apps and see if you can backup and restore.

As for new bridge update you still can text, BBM and so forth from z10 to playbook.

Still can only see a read me file.

"As for new bridge update you still can text". Well trust me, I and several thousand others can't text through bridge so count yourself amongst the privileged minority. Thought it would have been better than that!
    03-02-13 11:21 AM
    "As for new bridge update you still can text". Well trust me, I and several thousand others can't text through bridge so count yourself amongst the privileged minority. Thought it would have been better than that!
    if you of read my post more clearer you would see you can text using bridge on the playbook using the z10's texting program.

all I see is the read me file in the bridge folder on the playbook, no text app.

I am bridged right now as I type this post, so anyone who has a z10 and playbook can not text on the playbook using bridge.
    03-02-13 12:16 PM
    no extra functionality that I can see from to the playbook, still can't do BBM or txt or anything else that the Z10 users had prior to BB10 being out
    yep I posted about this already, it sucks I know.
    03-02-13 12:18 PM
    if you of read my post more clearer you would see you can text using bridge on the playbook using the z10's texting program.

all I see is the read me file in the bridge folder on the playbook, no text app.

I am bridged right now as I type this post, so anyone who has a z10 and playbook can not text on the playbook using bridge.
    I just need to make sure I understand this fully! You can't text from the pb through the z10 but you can text from the z10 through the pb?
    03-02-13 12:31 PM
    yep I posted about this already, it sucks I know.
    Hold on you just said you could
    03-02-13 12:33 PM
    I just need to make sure I understand this fully! You can't text from the pb through the z10 but you can text from the z10 through the pb?
    Omg man u must be too drunk today to read and understand.

The PB can not text through bridging right now even after this new update.

I use text me program anyways and as for making calls I use comwave ephone.

I don't need bridge but it would be nice to have native texting through bridge and I hope BlackBerry makes a phone app to allow PB users to call over wifi and/or mobile (LTE models only can use mobile).

03-02-13 09:28 PM
    Omg man u must be too drunk today to read and understand.

The PB can not text through bridging right now even after this new update.

I use text me program anyways and as for making calls I use comwave ephone.

I don't need bridge but it would be nice to have native texting through bridge and I hope BlackBerry makes a phone app to allow PB users to call over wifi and/or mobile (LTE models only can use mobile).

Perfectly correct good member. The Lord (RIM) giveth and the Lord (RIM) taketh away!
    03-03-13 09:27 AM
43 12