Hey guys, just checked my Z10 and sure enough the BB bridge has been updated today. I'm just testing out any changes, but it the version number is now sitting at 3.0.9.8 is out!!
    03-01-13 11:48 AM
    no extra functionality that I can see from to the playbook, still can't do BBM or txt or anything else that the Z10 users had prior to BB10 being out
    MedChemist likes this.
    03-01-13 11:51 AM
    no update here....
    03-01-13 12:10 PM
    no update here....
    Same here...got an update for slacker radio tho

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 12:18 PM
    Same here...got an update for slacker radio tho

Posted via CB10
    Me too
    03-01-13 12:23 PM
    here are the screen shots of the updates
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Bridge updated today!!-update2.jpg   Blackberry Bridge updated today!!-update1.jpg  
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-01-13 12:24 PM
    Might just be in anticipation of a PB update...

(Ahhh, let the rumors fly!!)
    hpjrt likes this.
    03-01-13 12:26 PM
    The update said it was to fix a communication bug. The folder on the playbook just shows the read me so not much to get excited about. But any bug fixes are good anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 12:31 PM
    Might just be in anticipation of a PB update...

(Ahhh, let the rumors fly!!)
    Ok

My cousins, sisters, uncles son said that the guy who posted above him said there was gonna be a playbook update... How 'bout that?
    03-01-13 12:34 PM
    In the past every time Blackberry Bridge was updated the playbook received an update 2-3 days after the bridge update
    03-01-13 12:36 PM
    I think my dead hamster mentioned an OS update when we spoke earlier, or I could have just misheard him!
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    03-01-13 12:38 PM
    In the past every time Blackberry Bridge was updated the playbook received an update 2-3 days after the bridge update
    Has anyone seen an update to the java version of the bridge app yet? That would be sweeet
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 12:43 PM
    i bbm'd my friend at BB to see about if we are getting closer to an OS update for the pb, and all he said was, "we're getting closer, but can't say how close"
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-01-13 12:58 PM
    The update said it was to fix a communication bug. The folder on the playbook just shows the read me so not much to get excited about. But any bug fixes are good anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Mmmmmmmm am I reading this correctly. Please let me know if I have it wrong?

"The update said it was to fix a 'communication' bug."

Does this mean that a company hoping to regain its standing in the mobile 'communications' industry, have released a new ground breaking OS for mobile 'communications', that they hope will be such a success in the 'communications' world that it will rescue the company from financial disaster and it needs to be upgraded almost immediately due to a 'communications' bug in a part of the OS that doesn't work anyway.

Haaa Haaa Haaa Haaa you have got to be kidding me. That's the best laugh I've had since my wife crashed her car. I don't know what they drink at RIM but I definitely want some.
    03-01-13 01:03 PM
    Oh look, it's the pessimist himself making his way to my thread! I'm not letting this thread go in the way of mocking or nerfing BlackBerry.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 01:10 PM
    Mmmmmmmm am I reading this correctly. Please let me know if I have it wrong?

"The update said it was to fix a 'communication' bug."

Does this mean that a company hoping to regain its standing in the mobile 'communications' industry, have released a new ground breaking OS for mobile 'communications', that they hope will be such a success in the 'communications' world that it will rescue the company from financial disaster and it needs to be upgraded almost immediately due to a 'communications' bug in a part of the OS that doesn't work anyway.

Haaa Haaa Haaa Haaa you have got to be kidding me. That's the best laugh I've had since my wife crashed her car. I don't know what they drink at RIM but I definitely want some.
    I think it means they fixed a bluetooth bug, nothing more, nothing less.
    hpjrt, bungaboy and Vorkosigan like this.
    03-01-13 01:24 PM
    Oh look, it's the pessimist himself making his way to my thread! I'm not letting this thread go in the way of mocking or nerfing BlackBerry.
    Ok then please explain this to me and I will be a very happy sad old person.

I read this thread about 1.20pm uk time. Around about the same time as I read a thread about a bb10 update. Approx every hour I pressed the check update button on my Z10 with no result. No notification on my brand sparkly new Z10 so at 6.50pm I decide to check bb world. No notifications anywhere on bb world or my world installed programs. However when I select bb bridge and the download Page opens for it, instead of saying delete it says upgrade. Back to the home screen and still no notifications. Back to the download Page and install the upgrade. Back to Z10 and run the new bridge only to find, yes you guessed it absolutely nothing changed. Close bb bridge and I bet even you can't guess what happened next. Logged back into crackberry and while waiting for the screen to load I receive a notification that an upgrade to Bridge is available!

What's the point in telling me something after the event when the new sparkly Z10 should tell me before the event. Maybe I'm just used to using an old bb phone that actually works. What do you think?
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    03-01-13 01:33 PM
    I think it means they fixed a bluetooth bug, nothing more, nothing less.
    Fix a bluetooth bug in bridge for what reason. It doesn't work in the first place.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    03-01-13 01:35 PM
    I'm on 3.0.9.6 after update
    03-01-13 01:44 PM
    Fix a bluetooth bug in bridge for what reason. It doesn't work in the first place.
    A lot of people were having issues (including me) where the Z10 and PlayBook wouldn't connect to each other in regards to being bridged.
    03-01-13 01:53 PM
    Ok then please explain this to me and I will be a very happy sad old person.

I read this thread about 1.20pm uk time. Around about the same time as I read a thread about a bb10 update. Approx every hour I pressed the check update button on my Z10 with no result. No notification on my brand sparkly new Z10 so at 6.50pm I decide to check bb world. No notifications anywhere on bb world or my world installed programs. However when I select bb bridge and the download Page opens for it, instead of saying delete it says upgrade. Back to the home screen and still no notifications. Back to the download Page and install the upgrade. Back to Z10 and run the new bridge only to find, yes you guessed it absolutely nothing changed. Close bb bridge and I bet even you can't guess what happened next. Logged back into crackberry and while waiting for the screen to load I receive a notification that an upgrade to Bridge is available!

What's the point in telling me something after the event when the new sparkly Z10 should tell me before the event. Maybe I'm just used to using an old bb phone that actually works. What do you think?
    Yes BB World needs some work, because the same thing happens to me, I check all the time for updates because they won't show up for me otherwise. As well, older BB's you can go into BB World and click on updates and get updates before you are notified. So it's a flaw with BB in some cases. That's why you will see some people (like me) get updates before others see it, not because we get an update, but manually check for ourselves.
    sad_old_man and bungaboy like this.
    03-01-13 01:56 PM
    You guys forgot about the "don't feed the troll" rule...
    03-01-13 02:04 PM
    A lot of people were having issues (including me) where the Z10 and PlayBook wouldn't connect to each other in regards to being bridged.
    Sorry but unfortunately I didn't suffer that issue with my bridge connection. So now you can also gaze upon the empty bridge folder as well as I can now. Oh sorry I feel forgot the read me file that tells you bridge doesn't work anymore. Well at least we're on a level playing field now there fixed the bug. We all can't use bridge together.
    Uncle Remus and FF22 like this.
    03-01-13 02:05 PM
    You guys forgot about the "don't feed the troll" rule...
    I am stating fact and the truth. You see it as trolling. Tell me my statement isn't factual and true and I will accept your statement. If you actually had a Z10 you would know what I'm talking about.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    03-01-13 02:08 PM
    Sorry but unfortunately I didn't suffer that issue with my bridge connection. So now you can also gaze upon the empty bridge folder as well as I can now. Oh sorry I feel forgot the read me file that tells you bridge doesn't work anymore. Well at least we're on a level playing field now there fixed the bug. We all can't use bridge together.
    lol majority of the time, I could connect via the bridge, but I could reboot my playbook and my z10, and not have any connection to the bridge at all. But I have experienced the best and worst, and in no way shape or form am I a BlackBerry apologist, I am a fan, and yes somethings are really bugging me, and I will let my friend (who works at BB) know some of the issues I have, but I'm learning there's really no point in being the pessimist and pointing out all of the mishaps there are. I want BB to do well in the market, and honestly ranting non stop about the downfalls won't get anymore, the best way to get BB's attention is to contact them directly through email or twitter or call them.

Right now, the OS update that dropped for Rogers yesterday, while great, nerfed my SMS folder and I can't backup or restore from BBlink. I took to twitter and am getting somewhere with both my carrier and BB to get a fix because I'm not the only one who has had this happen.

Anyways, the whole point is, BB has come a long way, yes it sucks that you get the app before you are notified of an update, but take that up with BB themselves, Have a problem with the PlayBook not being updated in a timely fashion, don't punch BB here, go to the source and comment directly to them.
    Chaddface and sad_old_man like this.
    03-01-13 02:40 PM
43 12