I am trying to link a BB smartphone to one of the new BB Playbook devices for a user on AT&T. I see on the crackberry site that AT&T is not supporting the software until their testing is complete however the article lists a manual work-around where you can install OTA anyway. Unfortunately the download link is not working for me, I get a 404 error. Anyone else running into this?

I also wonder if the files are out there so that this software could be pushed from a BES. So far I have not found it.

http://crackberry.com/att-blackberry-bridge-download

Could AT&T be blocking the work aound too or is this just a temporary problem?

Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments or suggestions that will help me get to the bottom of this!
    05-02-11 12:04 PM
    05-02-11 12:11 PM
    That link worked for me (Bold 9700). Thanks for your help Najo!
    05-02-11 12:33 PM
    That link worked for me (Bold 9700). Thanks for your help Najo!
    We are here to help.
    05-02-11 12:34 PM
    Dropbox link is broken. Any alternate solutions?
    05-02-11 01:59 PM
    I agree that the original article links appear to be broken. However, I was able to load the software OTA today on both an OS5 device and an OS6 device using the site Najo referenced in the earlier reply.
    05-02-11 03:07 PM
    Thank you so much Najo!

I'm going to tell my story and hope it helps other frustrated ATT users out there.

I updated my playbook last night to 1.0.3.1868 and left downloading the new bbm and bridge phone apps for today. i recently updated my bb bold 9700 from os 5 to os 6 because ATT finally released it. After upgrading, i lost my bb app world icon. searching the forums i heard that you must perform a security wipe on your phone to get it back. I wish i hadnt because after performing the security wipe, my BES email service didn't restore as planed. i had to contact my IT guys to reactivate my email. After doing this and a few soft resets on my phone, Still no app world icon. I deleted the app world app by going to Options - Device - Application Management - Blackberry App World - Delete. In my google app, I did a search for Blackberry App World and downloaded the new one from the browser version of app world. After that my App World icon appeared. I then proceeded to update bbm.

After updating bbm, I noticed I was a version behind, no wonder why it didn't appear on bridge yet. After installing the new bbm it showed up. My new problem was I was receiving a 404 error on every bridge app that opened. Only item that worked was to un-install the blackberry bridge app and install the new one that Najo linked above. Its the new version. Finally the 404 error resolved but I had yet another problem.

Only my messages, contacts, and memo pad would open. All the other bridge apps closed right after opening them. Back to google, I found a work around on bb's help website. You have to basically unpair, delete, and repair twice, then perform a restart on the playbook. Now, finally, everything is working.

KB26643-'Unable to start application - error code 13' error message is displayed when trying to open a BlackBerry Bridge application.

Thanks Crackberry community for the help.

I still love my playbook!
    05-03-11 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD