Monumental thanks, rroyy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 09:36 AM
    Thanks so much for posting the links. Also wanted to say thanks to all who have posted tips etc. I experienced the no apps showing up in the bridge tab problem but was able to search and find a fix and all is well - actually snappier now.
    09-15-11 11:52 AM
    My thanks button is missing from your top post oddly enough so I "liked it".As always though rroyy, thanks for being on top of these OTA's for us ATTers.You Da man.
    09-15-11 12:47 PM
    I have updated (OS6) and now I am not able to browse anymore either with Bridge browser or the native (in fact I am not able to use the applications that are using the bridge). All the rest works fine. Any clues to sort out this problem?
    09-15-11 01:14 PM
    i still don't see this update. how do i reset app world on a storm2
    09-15-11 02:15 PM
    Finally got this update had issues launching bb app world.
    09-15-11 10:38 PM
    i m enjoying at least one of the new features on the new Bridge upgrade. I had noticed when I added appointments to my calendar using the Playbook that there was never any warning of adjacent appointments or conflicts like there is on your BB phone. Well now there's the same type of warning that comes up when adding appointments to the calendar on the Playbook using the new Bridge update. Nice!
    09-16-11 01:14 AM
    Just wanted to note that I was getting the 907 zip error initially when trying to download the OTA OS5 package; a battery pull cleared it up (after trying unsuccessfully to load it using the ALX method or a direct COD load with MCP).

09-17-11 01:19 PM
    Ever since installing this Bridge update on my 9930 the Bridge has completely STOPPED working for me. I can't reconnect the phone to the PlayBook. Not having Bridge pretty much sucks. Am I the only one with this problem? Is there a solution?
    09-20-11 12:14 AM
    Ever since installing this Bridge update on my 9930 the Bridge has completely STOPPED working for me. I can't reconnect the phone to the PlayBook. Not having Bridge pretty much sucks. Am I the only one with this problem? Is there a solution?
    All of the sudden Bridge is acting real dodgy. PB can't find my 9780?? "BlackBerry Bridge is Disconnected. Contacting Your BB Smartphone"

Frustrating to say the least.
    09-24-11 06:45 AM
    I rolled back to an earlier version. My problem was in the morning, the Bridge was disconnected and stayed that way. My BB phone turns off at 11pm and back on at 6am. The earlier versions of bridge did not seem to mind this behavior. It in the morning the bridge would be automatically back. The new version required me to enable/disable bridge on the phone and turn on/off/on the bt on the pb. And sometimes that futzing did not restore the connection. I decided to get an older version of the bridge and reload it on my 9650 (I will admit I am still running OS5 on the 9650). No problems since installing the older version.

Obviously, I should probably report this to rim but ..... Self-help and this forum are the best places from what I can tell.
    09-24-11 05:05 PM
    Can anyone that uses AT&T post if this version of Bridge works before I download it.
    Works! Just bought PB 50% off.
    09-25-11 01:40 PM
    I have a 9700 with OS5. Getting a JAVA null pointer exception when I click the OS5 install link. Any idea why?
    09-26-11 01:59 PM

I'll add all new BlackBerry Bridge releases to this thread. Please do not open any new threads to keep forum clean. You can be sure that I'll post OTAs immediatelly as I did before and downloaded over 200.000 times.

BlackBerry Bridge just updated to v1.0.6.5 (09/15/2011) and here are the OTA links for those who couldn't get it from AppWorld.
    Wow!!. The OTA download works like a charm. I initially downloaded the BB bridge for my 9810 OS 7 from AT&T . I immediately noticed that it prevented me from access any links from emails on my Blackberry playbook. Also unable to access the internet through the BB bridge on my playbook.
    Please download. Thanks.

Babs.
    09-27-11 02:31 AM
    I just got my playbook last night. I downloaded Blackberry Bridge, but AT&T is not letting me use the internet browser without paying for tethering. I don't get how to do the workaround. Can someone point me to directions on how to fix this, if there is a fix?

Thanks
    09-28-11 07:10 AM
    It's working now! Thanks.
    09-28-11 11:33 AM
    I'm an AT&T customer about to buy a PB. Am I correct in understanding from this thread that AT&T users CAN use Bridge IF they use the link provided in this thread ONLY? Thanks! Trying to catch up!
    09-30-11 11:37 AM
    Last night I wanted to upgrade my phone app to this -
    While I was at it - I upgraded app world on my bold 9700. Liked the old one better, sorry I did. Tried to download Bridge from app world - no progress bar though I THINK it was doing something just a blank screen and occasional hourglass. When it was done I got a message saying it failed to install. Yes I am on AT&T but don't know if that was the problem.

Went to this link from the browser and no problem.

Thanks a million rroyy. Not sure where we would be without you.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-30-11 at 12:14 PM.
    09-30-11 12:12 PM
    BTW - so annoyed at AT&T when I buy the BOLD touch or Torch 2 (still can't decide) - I am switching carriers - any recommendations in Southern California for a RIM friendly carrier?

Too bad this thread is no longer a sticky with all the newbies coming in...
    09-30-11 12:23 PM
    I'm an AT&T customer about to buy a PB. Am I correct in understanding from this thread that AT&T users CAN use Bridge IF they use the link provided in this thread ONLY? Thanks! Trying to catch up!
    YES!! I've been enjoying the full benefits of the bridge since day 1 thanks to rroyy's OTA links. Otherwise I might have flown a plane into at&t's headquarters by now.

09-30-11 01:23 PM
    YES!! I've been enjoying the full benefits of the bridge since day 1 thanks to rroyy's OTA links.
    Thanks! It's not something I plan to do constantly, but there are going to be times when it'll be very useful. AT&T hasn't come knocking on your door like Verizon did with people who used Tether, have they?
    Going to spend some time tomorrow setting up my new toy!
    greander likes this.
    09-30-11 01:45 PM
    I can't get this to work. Keep getting a 907 COD error. File size. Any thoughts.
    10-02-11 06:17 PM
    This post used to be a sticky. I'm bumping this to the top because forum search isn't working on my phone.

(Forum moderators, feel free to delete this post.)
    10-03-11 11:32 AM
    Does anyone still have a copy of the old bridge file?
    10-06-11 06:15 AM
    Does anyone still have a copy of the old bridge file?
    From your bb phone, visit rroyy.com. You will have to navigate that site to located current and bridge archive files. The site has more than just bridge files. You might be able to follow links on a computer but you cannot download the bridge files as the format does not lend itself to download to a computer (at least, I think there is a limitation).
    10-06-11 09:40 AM
673 ... 910111213 ...