when i go to rroyy.com i get a error message saying he is no longer providing OTA as of today. Whats going on? anybody help
    03-28-12 10:33 AM
    since i am on att if i loose rroyy update downloads I might as well throw in the towel and move on. That bridge was what was keeping me on BB. If I loose that I'll change pretty quick to another platform
    03-28-12 10:35 AM
    http://rroyy.com/ota is the link. I downloaded it on AT&T (and VZW) this morning.

Edit:
    I see this too. Very strange. Rroyy what happened?
    03-28-12 10:37 AM
    youmust have been one of the last cause its gone now
    03-28-12 10:39 AM
    BlackBerry Bridge v2.0.0.26 for OS7.1 OTA added. Seems this update is OS 7.1 only. If you able to get it for your OS 5/6/7 device from appworld just let me know...

Today at 1:53am was this post (my time). Its now less than 10 hours later and his site is gone. I wonder if there was a C/D letter involved...
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-28-12 10:40 AM
    That's unfortunate.
    Thanks for all your help rroyy.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-28-12 10:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-otas-712619/

as of now, bottom post includes a twe' i believe from rroyy !

p.s. is att the only service provider in the region ?
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-28-12 11:01 AM
    Guys check the first page as rroyy has updated with the new bridge app.
    03-28-12 11:10 AM
    Guys check the first page as rroyy has updated with the new bridge app.
    His site is down, though, if you haven't already heard.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-28-12 11:12 AM
    A bridge feature i just discovered:

I was bridged to my BB and watching youtube on my playbook and suddenly my BB phone rang. The playbook displayed who was calling! and gave me the option to turn the ringer off !

Don't know if previous bridge had this, but i am impressed!
    Yea its a nice feature, its done that on my playbook for a while now... I wished u could just answer on the playbook in speakerphone/ intercome style. Shouldnt be too hard huh?
    03-28-12 11:14 AM
    His site is down, though, if you haven't already heard.
    Yes I know its down, the first post of this page was updated by rroyy which is now showing the new update.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-28-12 11:16 AM
    Which was updated before he took the site down.......duh
    Sorry guy I see the light now. My bad.
    03-28-12 11:28 AM
    Hello All,
    I deleted my bridge app from rroyy, v2.0.0.25 and upgraded it to v2.0.0.26, deleted browser function for playbook. ATT is a mess!!! the message when pairing now is you need a tethering plan to connect your phone with tablet. How messed is ATT!!!! I guess it is useless to have bridge on my phone and playbook. Just use WIFI! I am not giving any more money to ATT than they already have from me.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-28-12 01:21 PM
    So until someone else figures out how rroyy did what he did and set up an OTA, us AT&T folks won't be able to get any new PB updates unless we load the new bridge app, which in turn will force us to purchase a tether plan......
    03-28-12 01:40 PM
    So until someone else figures out how rroyy did what he did and set up an OTA, us AT&T folks won't be able to get any new PB updates unless we load the new bridge app, which in turn will force us to purchase a tether plan......
    If anyone else figures out how we AT&T folks can get updates to Bridge, please post here - all of us who are in this situation subscribe to this thread and get notified when someone comments. This is going to make me hang onto my 3G phone longer than I might otherwise, unless it is possible to overcome this when BB10 phones come out.

A Sprint or TMobile subscriber who can get the .jad file might be able to distribute it to us somehow - better yet, a different one every time it's updated so there's no one to send a C&D letter to...
    Last edited by fotyc; 03-28-12 at 02:03 PM.
    03-28-12 02:00 PM
    If anyone else figures out how we AT&T folks can get updates to Bridge, please post here - all of us who are in this situation subscribe to this thread and get notified when someone comments. This is going to make me hang onto my 3G phone longer than I might otherwise, unless it is possible to overcome this when BB10 phones come out.

A Sprint or TMobile subscriber who can get the .jad file might be able to distribute it to us somehow - better yet, a different one every time it's updated so there's no one to send a C&D letter to...
    Posted by bazjeepers in alternate thread:
    It is a simple fix to enable Bridge on AT&T. Thanks to rroyy. There is only one cod file that needs to be swapped out in order for things to work correctly. Obviously the easiest method is to find the provider the correct bridge proxy cod file.

One can use the old 2.0.0.25 cod files and just strip out one file and replace it with their 2.0.0.26 install version of BlackBerry Bridge.

2.0.0.26 version downloads the following file:

net_rim_bb_bridge_proxy_entitlement

But looking at the files from the 2.0.0.25 version, the only file difference is that a open version of the bridge has the above file replaced with the following file below:

net_rim_bb_bridge_proxy

Anyhow can make a quick JAD file and then just install it via BBSAK.

Note: This is for people who knows how to tinker with COD files and can make a JAD file.

Good luck.
    03-28-12 02:10 PM
    I guess I should remove this thread from the Popular Forum Threads sticky?
    03-28-12 02:12 PM
    This is not simple or everyone would be doing it already!!
    03-28-12 02:14 PM
    How about we give it a day or two and see if AT&T users donations change his mind. Crackberry unite!
    03-28-12 02:15 PM
    Posted by bazjeepers in alternate thread:
    It is a simple fix to enable Bridge on AT&T. Thanks to rroyy. There is only one cod file that needs to be swapped out in order for things to work correctly. Obviously the easiest method is to find the provider the correct bridge proxy cod file.

One can use the old 2.0.0.25 cod files and just strip out one file and replace it with their 2.0.0.26 install version of BlackBerry Bridge.

2.0.0.26 version downloads the following file:

net_rim_bb_bridge_proxy_entitlement

But looking at the files from the 2.0.0.25 version, the only file difference is that a open version of the bridge has the above file replaced with the following file below:

net_rim_bb_bridge_proxy

Anyhow can make a quick JAD file and then just install it via BBSAK.

Note: This is for people who knows how to tinker with COD files and can make a JAD file.

Good luck.

If he says it is that easy, why don't he do it????? it just a bunch of crape he is saying. He is just all talks!!!
    03-28-12 02:16 PM
    If he says it is that easy, why don't he do it????? it just a bunch of crape he is saying. He is just all talks!!!
    Don't shoot the messenger! Just re-posting a comment from bazjeepers. If you want details, just ask him/her.
    03-28-12 02:21 PM
    Don't shoot the messenger! Just re-posting a comment from bazjeepers. If you want details, just ask him/her.
    Hello! If you read my posting, it was not implying you. I was talking about Bazjeepers who wrote the thread. Sorry if you took it upon yourself. I was not implying it to the messenger.
    03-28-12 02:33 PM
    How about we give it a day or two and see if AT&T users donations change his mind. Crackberry unite!
    Sounds fair enough.
    03-28-12 02:37 PM
    everyone is mentioning the bridge browser. i updated the app on my torch and i am still having issues in opening bbm on the playbook. it opens and closes. anyone have any issues with bbm on playbook since update? thoughts?
    Do any of your contacts in BBM have any kind of weird, funky characters in them? If so try removing the characters and just leaving the actual names. That cleared up my similar issue.
    03-28-12 02:45 PM
    If nothing else, maybe edit the FIRST message noting that rroyy.com is now offline. Warn folks NOT to delete their existing Bridge if they are on AT&T until they check the most recent threads.
    03-28-12 02:46 PM
673 ... 1718192021 ...