After upgrading my Playbook to 2.0, I lost my Bridge Browser. Torch 9800.
    Haven't done it yet but everyone on the OS2.0 chat thread says you don't have a separate Bridge browser anymore, you use one browser and it finds the right way to connect - which is much better.
    02-21-12 11:27 AM
    I think that error occurs when the server fails to deliver the whole file.

I got the same error the first time; tried it again and it succeeded the second time.
    Thanks, I guess I'll keep trying, but I've been trying ever since 6 am this morning (local) and it fails every time.
    02-21-12 11:51 AM
    If everyone that posts on this thread gives $10, rroyy will be well taken care of for his contributions to this site. If every one that DOWNLOADS does it, WOW. We should make certain that people like this should never feel used up or burned out.

I'm typing this on 2.0 remote keyboard and my PB is a JOY.

Thank you rroyy.

-street
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-21-12 12:28 PM
    I'm getting a 906 COD error for the 6.0 version on my 9800. anyone else having this problem?
    It took quite a few tries, but I got it to fully download and install! thanks rroyy!!
    02-21-12 12:44 PM
    Bridge Browser icon is supposed to be gone. When not on wifi you use the browser icon, it goes through bridge.. avoids confusion between the two browsers. Now you only have one.
    Mine is still there. And it still works like before. I can get to my work intranet through it, but not from the main browser just like before the update.
    02-21-12 12:52 PM
    Been with AT&T for a while. The new update works like a charm! I'm so thankful for everyone who posts these OTAs, especially for AT&T customers like myself. AT&T always has some sneaky kind of way of trying to get more money out of their most loyal customers. smh.
    02-22-12 11:50 AM
    Hello,

Pardon my ignorance, however I have a question. What does the BES Bridge Installer do? I have a playbook and 8520 on OS5. My bridge has been disabled by my administrator. Would this BES Bridge Installer enable me to bridge my bb to my playbook? If not, is there a third part bridge app that I can use that might be enabled?

Thanks very much.

PS: This forum has been offering me great reading material and support for a few years now - this is my first post!
    02-22-12 12:17 PM
    I successfully used the work around in OS1 for AT&t. Now for OS 2, I see several versions. Which one do I use? I have a a 9810. It says 7.0.0 bundle.
    02-22-12 08:08 PM
    then this one should do. OS7 rroyy.com
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-22-12 08:12 PM
    If everyone that posts on this thread gives $10, rroyy will be well taken care of for his contributions to this site. If every one that DOWNLOADS does it, WOW. We should make certain that people like this should never feel used up or burned out.

I'm typing this on 2.0 remote keyboard and my PB is a JOY.

Thank you rroyy.

-street
    LOL I had 300.000+ downloads on Bridge OTAs Which makes $3M w/ 10dollars each :P (and nope not getting that much but I could say OK if you guys send it over here)

Aww and YW ((=
    E_the_CameraMan likes this.
    02-22-12 08:41 PM
    A bridge feature i just discovered:

I was bridged to my BB and watching youtube on my playbook and suddenly my BB phone rang. The playbook displayed who was calling! and gave me the option to turn the ringer off !

Don't know if previous bridge had this, but i am impressed!
    02-22-12 08:44 PM
    rroyy
    I have never been able to download ver 1.074 ver 1.075 or the new 2,0 bridge for 9700. I can download and get 1,065 to work, but not the others. Get 907 cod errors and 413 errors. Used the native browser and opera. Cleared histories and battery pulls. Can't to the import either.
    02-23-12 02:56 PM
    I'm an AT&T slave with an unlimited data plan so I don't want to switch. I've been using a non-AT&T Tether app for a couple of years for my laptop and when I got my PB I begged them to come up with a version for it but no luck. So I've been making a carnal sin by not carrying my PB with me everwhere. Why should I when it's just a brick? Then I stumbled across this thread today. Hooray and halleliuah! And hubby was just telling me last night that the BB was going away. Pish! (yes I said "pish!"). I know my transgression is all my fault for not checking the threads sooner. And the only reason I did today was because I was looking for info on the new OS.

That said, with little to no instructions, I had to read backwards from page 30 to 21 to finally find the instructions on what to do about the 907 error. (Thanks 0100010) And I read in another post to first remove Bridge 2.0 and then reboot once the files were moved from my PC. Yes, I know everything worth having is worth working for, but a little Read Me file in the download wouldn't hurt.

So far so good. It works and it's quick and smooth. Love it! I'm sending rroyy some dinero for the awesome app! But first I have to get past my frustration from how incredibly difficult this whole process was, and my headache goes away.
    02-25-12 07:19 PM
    My Torch 9800 cancels the download mid way through, what am I doing wrong because I certainly don't wish to continue paying AT&T for tethering charges!
    02-25-12 07:50 PM
    I'm an AT&T customer and kept getting the 907 error. I got rroyy's app working now after several hours of trial and error. So I'm going to detail my process for those who aren't computer savvy.....(I have a BB 9800 Torch, OS 6.0, and a Windows laptop). This took me a couple of hours of searching to figure it all out. But I write user manuals for apps so I'll go through the steps I did to get it to work. Sorry if things don't look exactly the same, but I'm going from memory.

Go to BB App world and update both your phone and Playbook to the most recent versions available.

Turn off Bluetooth on the PlayBook. Find the version of Operating System (OS) your BB uses. On the 9800, go to Options/Device/Application Management and look for a file called BlackBerry 6.0 (or other OS number depending on your device). That shows your OS version so you know which link to download from rroyys site. On that same screen, find the BB Bridge app and use the menu button to delete it. Reboot the phone. Then on your PC, go to rroyy.com/ota and scroll until you see BlackBerry Bridge. Click the link that corresponds to the OS you have and download it to your PC. I downloaded the zip file to C:/Program Files (x86)/Research in Motion/ and created a new folder called Bridge OTA 6.0 and saved it there. Right click on the zip file and click Open/Extract All. Allow the extracted files to remain in the same Bridge OTA folder. I had 19 ota. files and 1 .jad file. Do not close the window.

Then open the BB Desktop software. Connect the phone to the PC with a USB cable and let it do its synching thing. Then click the Files icon on the left menu. It opens up a file manager, and on the top menu click on Media Card. Go back to the window where you placed the files that were extracted from the download, highlight them all, and drag and drop to the Desktop software window. They will copy automatically - no BB Swiss Army Knife required. Make sure all .ota AND the .jad files are transferred. Close the window. Unplug the USB cable from the phone and exit the BB Desktop sofware. Then connect the phone again through the USB, start up the Desktop software and allow it to synch again. Then disconnect the phone.

Reboot the phone again. On the phone, go to the Media folder and use the BB menu key and click Explore. Find the Media Card/Bridge OTA 6.0 (or whatever you named it) and click on the .jad file. Mine automatically installed Bridge. Go to the PlayBook and turn Wi-Fi OFF and Bluetooth ON. They should pair automatically. Reboot the phone again and wait for the Bluetooth to pair. Try the browser on the PB and it should work.

Now, I'm no expert in BB code, nor am I any kind of tech support - I'm a user just like the average bear. So if you try to follow these directions and it doesn't look exactly the same to you with your device, I wish I could help, but I can't. There are experts here for that. Good luck! Oh and if you are happy with the app, go back to rroyy's site and send that angel some cash because he's saving you at least $40 a month on the AT&T tether app.
    Last edited by TruTexan; 02-25-12 at 08:22 PM.
    02-25-12 08:10 PM
    I hate AT&T, but love rroyy and bbsak. I kept getting the 907 errors for the download. I used the bb swiss army knife and downloaded the cods directly. Crackberry.com rules
    02-25-12 09:02 PM
    attached are the files needed for OS5 and OS6. I already did the work so you don't have to.
    02-25-12 09:02 PM
    attached are the files needed for OS5 and OS6. I already did the work so you don't have to.
    I appreciate the work you put in, but the links do not appear on my BB Torch browser? Can't download to my phone...
    02-25-12 09:22 PM
    I appreciate the work you put in, but the links do not appear on my BB Torch browser? Can't download to my phone...
    This is an offline install package. Download it on computer. Extract. Transfer to phone. Use file browser to install jad file.
    02-25-12 09:55 PM
    Any reason you did not package up Version 7? Since my 9930 comes on Monday and I like these alternate load methods?
    02-25-12 10:29 PM
    Any reason you did not package up Version 7? Since my 9930 comes on Monday and I like these alternate load methods?
    I will if I get time. I just followed 0100010's guide here
    02-26-12 07:28 AM
    RRoyy, you are the absolute man! The bridge works flawlessly with my 9810 and PB. To H3!! with AT&T and their tethering fees!

Installed cleanly with no error codes and connected without issue on the first attempt. I'm loving it!
    Last edited by pmf73; 03-01-12 at 10:52 PM.
    03-01-12 10:46 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge v2.0.0.26 for OS7.1 OTA added. Seems this update is OS 7.1 only. If you able to get it for your OS 5/6/7 device from appworld just let me know...
    03-28-12 12:53 AM
    Don't see it for 7.0 ....... Poo I'm going to bed.
    03-28-12 01:55 AM
    A bridge feature i just discovered:

I was bridged to my BB and watching youtube on my playbook and suddenly my BB phone rang. The playbook displayed who was calling! and gave me the option to turn the ringer off !

Don't know if previous bridge had this, but i am impressed!
    It does this even on the .25

- Charles
    03-28-12 02:06 AM
673 ... 1617181920 ...