was unable to setup bridge as corporate bb policy had blocked out app store downloads. this workaround has allowed me to bridge my new playbook without fighting the entire IT department. good stuff
    06-29-11 06:43 AM
    my bridge finally works but now bbm or sms on the playbook?? is that correct
    06-29-11 03:35 PM
    BBM works fine on the PB, sms they haven't announced support for yet, but I hope it's coming, along with answering calls...a limited use case I will admit.
    06-29-11 05:41 PM
    can you re-up the ota links for me please.
    07-01-11 12:36 AM
    can you re-up the ota links for me please.
    They are in the first message on pg 1 of this thread
    07-01-11 06:48 PM
    So, I just picked up my playbook yesterday. I've gotten bridge to work between my 9800 and playbook, however, I can't seem to get the memopad to function appropriately. I can add a memo and it shows up on my torch. But, I can't see the memos that I have in a list on the playbook. All I see is the green spinning circle. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: So it seems like bridge cannot render the 35 memos that I have saved; but, when I delete them all, there is no problem. Guess I'll delete nonessentials.

Edit (2): All works well. Got it down to about 10 memos and works wonderfully.
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 07-03-11 at 03:44 PM.
    07-03-11 11:34 AM
    thats right, you could BBM from your playbook, but not SMS.

my bridge finally works but now bbm or sms on the playbook?? is that correct
    07-03-11 11:46 AM
    Yes BBM, but no SMS on the Playbook.
    07-03-11 07:32 PM
    Search on App World for 'n2webSMS'
    The app allows to send and receive SMS, works with your carrier.(I am not sure how, as I have never used it, and do not SMS)

There was another app called Firmen-SMS, registration is in German, but I cannot seem to locate it on App World, I am sure there is a version that may be found, possibly a .bin for sideloading.
    07-06-11 08:40 PM
    [QUOTE=Oniberry;6463683]Search on App World for 'n2webSMS'
    The app allows to send and receive SMS, works with your carrier.(I am not sure how, as I have never used it, and do not SMS)/QUOTE]

I work with N2websms and it works fine, better than skype sms.
    It sends the sms via wifi and you pay a fixed price per sms regardless the country you are living.
    07-07-11 06:54 AM
    Has anyone noticed the inability to download large attachments in email via the bridge?
    I can easily download and view what seems to be so far everything under 1MB and everything over 3MB just won't download.
    07-07-11 10:33 AM
    Has anyone noticed the inability to download & save email attachments to the PB such as pictures? Does anyone know how attachments can be downloaded & saved via bridge?
    07-07-11 10:56 AM
    Hi all

How do you do the offline install Please
    07-09-11 05:25 AM
    Hi all

How do you do the offline install Please
    If you mean sideload an app onto the PB, then you have to placce your PB in development mode.

You can do a search on google for 'Sideloading apps on a Playbook'
    07-10-11 07:29 AM
    Hi
    Thank-you for reply,

I mean how do I install Blackberry Bridge using the offline zip in the first post
    07-10-11 04:19 PM
    Hi
    Thank-you for reply,

I mean how do I install Blackberry Bridge using the offline zip in the first post
    The instructions include what to do if you cannot unzip the file, simply rename it .bar (BAR extension), he does say on the webpage that you shouldn't have a hard time unzipping.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 07-10-11 at 05:35 PM.
    07-10-11 05:24 PM
    Has anyone noticed the inability to download large attachments in email via the bridge?
    I can easily download and view what seems to be so far everything under 1MB and everything over 3MB just won't download.
    Yes, I dont know if this is a bug or a limitation of blutooth, but I do have a workaround for you. Send the email with the attachment to a gmail or hotmail or yahoo or whatever. Go to that site via the browser or bridge browser and then download it. That is what I did, worked for me.
    07-15-11 07:55 AM
    updated...
    07-18-11 09:02 PM
    updated...
    Top stuff, sir. I appreciate everything you do to make everyone's PlayBook superb. Very well done.
    rroyy likes this.
    07-19-11 06:05 AM
    Top stuff, sir. I appreciate everything you do to make everyone's PlayBook superb. Very well done.
    Normally I decide not to update/reply any of my threads on CB but only this one because of over +100.000 downloads made w/ my BlackBerry Bridge OTA Links. But I couldn't take my self to reply you. Even this thread sticky and updated at time and even the "discussion thread" linked on blog post also using MY OTA LINKS (not copyin' them and releasin' just using same links from my web site rroyy.com) this thread not chosed to be a discussion thread... And you are the only one replied to this thread. ppl givin credit to someone else w/ my OTA links...

Thank you for repliyin'...
    Crackberrykills and bbquincar like this.
    07-19-11 06:11 AM
    Normally I decide not to update/reply any of my threads on CB but only this one because of over +100.000 downloads made w/ my BlackBerry Bridge OTA Links. But I couldn't take my self to reply you. Even this thread sticky and updated at time and even the "discussion thread" linked on blog post also using MY OTA LINKS (not copyin' them and releasin' just using same links from my web site rroyy.com) this thread not chosed to be a discussion thread... And you are the only one replied to this thread. ppl givin credit to someone else w/ my OTA links...

Thank you for repliyin'...
    Hey, no problem. Without your OTA Link for the Bridge, my first day purchase of the PlayBook would have been bit sad. Thanks again.
    07-19-11 06:22 AM
    Thank you!!
    07-19-11 08:42 AM
    AT&T 9700. OTA OS5 update works. After reboot, automatic bluetooth reconnection with PlayBook. Thanks for the link!
    07-19-11 11:45 AM
    Both new upgrades resulted in loss of BBM. Deleted Bridge, reinstalled, rebooted to no avail. Using Torch on ATT.

Error msg stating Blackberry Messenger plug-in does not exist or your version of Blackberry Messenger is not compatible with Blackberry Bridge.
    07-20-11 06:14 PM
    When I got my new Torch last week, it immediately told me to upgrade BBM to 5.0.3.22
    Has been bug free so far!
    07-20-11 09:03 PM
673 ... 678910 ...