I've got a bbm notification that won't go away.
    06-06-11 11:06 PM
    I'm trying the new bridge and this are my findings so far:

- in deed the browser feels much faster
    - bbm took a while to start, after that first minute loading it worked snappier than before
    - just noticed, if i send a picture and im asked for high quality, bridge bbm shows a message to pick the phone and answer the request there... would be nice to "fix or add" that feature
    - 2 bbm emoticons still swapped :| with #:-s
    - bridge files browses faster but still not much to do with it
    - bbm file transfers also faster than before
    - notifications cleaning properly

thats it for the moment
    Last edited by Takhis; 06-06-11 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typo
    06-06-11 11:11 PM
    Impressed with the rather significant improvements. Everything seems faster.
    06-06-11 11:44 PM
    i have a problem now...

i tried downloading it for OS 5 but after to down load it stopped and said download failed!!! (the .83 is already removed from my BB set)

any solution?
    06-07-11 12:03 AM
    I'm very impressed as well! Bridge browser is awesome now! My tethering would drop connection sometimes. Good job RIM!
    06-07-11 12:08 AM
    If you can't get blackberry bridge from app world on your phone even after doing an ALT-RST, connect your phone to your computer and sign into app world through the website at BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Bridge and it will find the update to 1.0.0.93
    Nope still showing the old version... Can't believe I'm on Rogers like you and you already gotten the upgrade???

Oh realized you're on Telus... but still... I see other posters on Rogers getting this update... grrrr..
    Last edited by Snick Snack; 06-07-11 at 12:36 AM.
    06-07-11 12:32 AM
    I spoke too soon. Lost the old version too.
    reinstalled from app world, then loaded the ota.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 12:42 AM
    if you guys are still having problems with these website links and whatnot

open up app world on your BB
    push and hold "alt" then push R S T
    go back into app world
    login with BB ID (as it was reset, ergo the RST)
    bridge should have the update button option

thanks...it worked this way...but still my bridge not connecting..i will try a colleagues handset to see if its the handset or the problem is from PB...
    06-07-11 12:47 AM
    ping to isp was 2200ms with new bridge 1260ms still nowhere near the 130ms when i use wifi
    06-07-11 12:51 AM
    Nope still showing the old version... Can't believe I'm on Rogers like you and you already gotten the upgrade???

Oh realized you're on Telus... but still... I see other posters on Rogers getting this update... grrrr..
    To Piper 975: Never mind got it to work. Thanks for the help!
    06-07-11 12:53 AM
    What a pain! OS 5 on 9650/Bold. I tried before using appworld. Wound up with TWO copies of .83 installed. Then I tried the ota using the link. Kept getting an intercept that such-and-such module, over and over. Cancelled out. Went and deleted both versions of .83.

OTA again, still get module so and so but this time kept saying yes. Rebooting and hoping.....(10 minute leisurely reboot!)....
    06-07-11 01:01 AM
    how do you see the version AFTER installing ?
    06-07-11 02:43 AM
    thanks...it worked this way...but still my bridge not connecting..i will try a colleagues handset to see if its the handset or the problem is from PB...
    gents,

follow the steps suggested by spinal. it should work.
    06-07-11 02:50 AM
    I installed it OTA and it's working fine. Only thing: It's not included in the installed apps list on App World anymore. Is that a normal thing when installing OTA?
    06-07-11 02:59 AM
    Browser in bridge slightly improved, internet tethering is still about 3x faster than bridge according to speedtest.net.
    06-07-11 03:27 AM
    thanks, still not seeing it appworld
    06-07-11 03:52 AM
    i got it installed now from the APP World..... waiting for my PB to finish updating then we'll see what happens
    06-07-11 04:09 AM
    i can see my phone files over bridge browser now, but not sure if i can open them properly.
    06-07-11 05:10 AM
    My Error 403 in Bridge Browser is now gone.

That error message is replaced with the statement "Your BlackBerry smartphone is unable to establish a connection to the destination server."

Bridge Browser is still useless for me.
    06-07-11 06:03 AM
    one thing i have noticed as a bug is if you go to download a file it wont show up in downloads but it will still be downloading the file .... can anyone else confirm this?? and yes i am running the newest pb os as of 30 mins ago

Bj�rn Misund likes this.
    06-07-11 07:44 AM
    one thing i have noticed as a bug is if you go to download a file it wont show up in downloads but it will still be downloading the file .... can anyone else confirm this??

Yep, confirmed with PDF files anyway.
    06-07-11 07:46 AM
    Yep, confirmed with PDF files anyway.
    and avi files (which i am doing)

06-07-11 07:49 AM
    Update did show a BIG improvement when user the Bridge Browser

AT&T w/ BB 9800

Also last night I tried getting the update but was getting a download error. Today I gave it a second shot and it downloaded without a problem.
    06-07-11 07:51 AM
    I need some help. I am one of the AT&T "victims". Previously I had the Bridge installed on my Curve 3G and was able to connect with mt PB. But after I installed the new "upgrade" to the Bridge (v.1.0.0.93 OS6 Ota) it simply stopped appearing at all.
    Using the Desktop Manager I tried to see what I could do and saw that the two versions appeared installed at the same time (I had falsely thought that this new one would be just an "upgrade" and apparently it is not). I must have done something wrong, for now, when I look at it in the AppWord it appears as uninstalled and each time I try to install it again, either with the OTA system or throught the Desktop Manager it does not let me properly install it and therefore all my connection with the PB through the Bluetooth does not take place.
    can anybody give me some idea? Some help? Some ways to go around this "prohibition" from the S.O.B. from AT&T, please?
    06-07-11 08:36 AM
    Can anyone that uses AT&T post if this version of Bridge works before I download it.
    Works great for me on AT&T!
    06-07-11 10:30 AM
673 ... 34567 ...