Hi, I can't wait to get my hands on the 32gb at the weekend. I've got a quick question about the data usage when using bridge.

I'm on orange and my data allowance says unlimited (when we all know its 750mb) so I was just wondering, if i bridged my bb to my pb would it use the same amount of data as if i was browsing on my phone or would it use a great deal more of my data? I don't tend to use my phone for much browsing but it would be nice to not go on bridge and think 'oh I'd best not be on here for long'

Thanks
    06-17-11 05:29 AM
    My unqualified response would be that the PB will use slightly more data especially if it is using flash etc - however for normal browsing I would think that you should still be pretty safe with 750mb.

So if you currently don't use your phone for much browsing you are probably using hardly anything - also remember that if you have a wifi router at home then the PB can use that once again reducing your data usage.

You may however find that with the PB's web browser being significantly better than the BlackBerry's your browsing habits may change slightly.....

HTH

Elcuolo
    Last edited by Elcuolo; 06-17-11 at 05:47 AM.
    06-17-11 05:44 AM
    I called Vodafone about this just yesterday. They said I won't have to pay extra coz I'm bridging. Just keep in mind that your PB is getting full sites, not mobile sites. Full sites are larger, so you'll reach your quota faster then on your phone.
    06-17-11 05:44 AM
    Thanks both for the quick responses. yea I'll be using the wifi at home its just for when im in starbucks and i need to send an email or at work, so 750mb should be pretty ok. I don't tend to watch any youtube vids or iplayer unless i'm in a wifi area. I've just checked last months bill and i only used 148.8mb so I reckon 750mb will be ok
    06-17-11 06:01 AM
    im on a torch OS6. I can browse/connect to web fine on WiFi but not in a good 3G area. bridge and bluetooth are working with no errors.
    06-17-11 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD