I wonder if anyone can help, a couple of days ago I had a notification on my playbook to say that I had an e-mail. So as always I clicked on the the icon in the top left corner and it reverted to a screen that says blackberry bridge locked, enter password. It has never done this before and the other blackberry bridge folders on the home screen were showing as normal and accessible. I then tried to access the e-mail again and the page came up that looked as if it was going to display my e-mails but then it started flashing on and off black to white and still not displaying. The other blackberry bridge files work fine and I have tried deleting and re-installing blackberry bridge on my 9800 but its still doing it. I can access all the e-mails on a gmail app on the homescreen so I know its nothing to do with e-mail provider. I have also tried to back up the playbook this morning and its says there is a problem backing up and to check that the playbook is plugged in correctly which is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-04-12 09:27 AM
    First try restarting/rebooting your Playbook. Many times, that will fix a problem. The password it asks for would be your BlackBerry password. The backup problem is a known issue. Hopefully it will be fixed when OS2 comes out in a couple of weeks. Try doing a custom backup of settings and apps separately.
    keith leeds likes this.
    02-04-12 10:16 AM
    There are a few apps that apparently have a large number of files in their suite and they may create the backup problems. Sometimes trying again, it will work using the Custom/Selective backup. You can backup files/media manually by drag/drop to a computer.
    keith leeds likes this.
    02-04-12 11:54 AM
    I then tried to access the e-mail again and the page came up that looked as if it was going to display my e-mails but then it started flashing on and off black to white and still not displaying.
    Did you ever get a fix for this? Mine was working fine and just started doing what you describe. I've restarted several times, but don't want to do a wipe / hard reset because I don't want to have to reload everything. I'm running 2.0.0.6149 and Bridge 1.0.7.5.

I've not been too concerned because I expect the official 2.0 to be released within a week and hope the reinstall will fix it.
    02-16-12 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD