OK, here is my question. I have been in sales for many years. I have almost 1600 contacts in my Microsoft Outlook, therefore the same amount on my 9930 and so therefore the same amount on my Playbook. I use DM to sync my contacts, notes, tasks and calender with MS Outlook. Of course I will continue to sync my MS Outlook with my BB 9930. Now that 2.0 is going to have "native" email, contacts and calender, how will all of the info on my phone bridge over with 2.0 with all of the native stuff. I never needed or wanted native calender, contacts etc because it was all sync'd up with my BB and MS Outlook. DM does that work for me. Any comments??
    01-12-12 03:26 PM
    I'm in the same boat. But I think I read somewhere that there will be an option as to which method you wanted to use, so we could just keep doing what we do now.

Don't quote me on that though.
    MTL likes this.
    01-12-12 03:40 PM
    If you are not on a BEs and perfectly happy with the way the combo works, just hide thr native apps in a folder and keep doing your thing as if nothing happened.
    01-12-12 05:36 PM
    From what I understand it will be an option. I will continue to use bridge and not a native email or calander. For those without a BB phone it is what they have been needing and asking for.
    01-12-12 05:40 PM
    Bridde is still there and will even be improved, nothing has to change.

If you're connected to a corporate Exchange server then all your Outlook contacts are already synced up to it. Your PB can connect directly to the Exchange server and access your contacts that way. If you're using standalone Outlook I believe you'll need to keep using Bridge, or setup Outlook to sync to a service supported by the PB like Gmail, hosted Exchange, etc.
    01-12-12 10:54 PM
    Thanks for the reply's folks. sounds like I will have an option for status quo.
    01-13-12 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD