Hello all, I bought a playbook recently, and at first I didn't know about blackberry bridge, so I finally got to install it (I got a curve 8520 running 5.0 OS) ...
    Things were good, except that it was a pain to connect again if I disconnected it, I had to reinstall bridge and do a lot of things.
    When the new bridge app was released, this kinda fixed, but now its back again. I connect, and nothing happens, my phone flashes the blue bluetooth light, then there's a message on the playbook that says:
    "Unable to connect Blackberry Bridge with Blackberry 8520
    PLease ensure Blackberry Bridge is installed on your smartphone and turned on"

Well the problem is that it is installed, it is turned on, everything is turned on and updated yet I get this problem, and the fix provided by RIM is for OS 6.0, which my device can't have yet.
    Some help would be gladly appreciated, thanks!
    07-26-11 06:45 PM
    Reboot the BlackBerry smartphone and tablet.
    07-26-11 08:35 PM
    What I have to do with my Storm it's to start the bluetooth connection and then bridge... Maybe it's the same for you.
    07-26-11 08:40 PM
    What I have to do with my Storm it's to start the bluetooth connection and then bridge... Maybe it's the same for you.
    I do the same process on my 9650 bold.. seems to work a lot better that way. Once I know the bluetooth is all good to go on my phone, I enable bluetooth on the PB. Finds my phone instantly and all is good.
    07-26-11 10:45 PM
    ya i got os5 on my storm2 and i find the same thing when i was turning bridge on n off to try to get bridgefiles, still dont have it lol. but ya the only thing i can sudjest is to full start over of bb bridge on both devices.
    07-26-11 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD