BlackBerry Bridge Now Available to AT&T Customers �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

** Note: AT&T users must have a tethering plan included with their wireless service plan to take advantage of the Bridge Browser. To enable tethering on your BlackBerry smartphone, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611.

RIM you are weak and spineless.
    07-01-11 11:44 AM
    wow, you know if att can get away with it, then other carriers will follow probably
    07-01-11 11:47 AM
    they are weak
    07-01-11 11:47 AM
    wow, you know if att can get away with it, then other carriers will follow probably
    I wonder how fast verizon called rim?
    07-01-11 11:50 AM
    how would they tell if you use it. i dont have tethering and my bridge browser is still working.
    07-01-11 11:51 AM
    How is this RIM's fault? How does it imply that RIM is weak and spineless?
    07-01-11 11:52 AM
    in not sure they can tell and its unclear how ATT is actually monitoring this. I mean att customers have the bridge installed now and it appears to be working fine. Im guessing if you are from ATT and you download the app from appworld its not the same as the leaked one on here. It has some provisions that keep it from working maybe
    07-01-11 11:54 AM
    How is this RIM's fault? How does it imply that RIM is weak and spineless?
    RIM could of said don't approve it if you want to charge for it. Turned around said ATT want to charge customers for it, we don't agree with that. Then just let people have an unofficial app.
    07-01-11 11:57 AM
    in not sure they can tell and its unclear how ATT is actually monitoring this. I mean att customers have the bridge installed now and it appears to be working fine. Im guessing if you are from ATT and you download the app from appworld its not the same as the leaked one on here. It has some provisions that keep it from working maybe
    I will continue to use my side loaded Bridge app and see what happens..
    07-01-11 12:26 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge Now Available to AT&T Customers �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

** Note: AT&T users must have a tethering plan included with their wireless service plan to take advantage of the Bridge Browser. To enable tethering on your BlackBerry smartphone, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611.
    Please tell us where you see anything about a tethering plan being required to use the Bridge Browser. Right now I'm not overly happy with either RIM or AT&T but I do not see any mention in any of the numerous articles that have been published today that would support your statement.
    07-01-11 12:30 PM
    its at the bottom of the release
    07-01-11 12:31 PM
    Please tell us where you see anything about a tethering plan being required to use the Bridge Browser. Right now I'm not overly happy with either RIM or AT&T but I do not see any mention in any of the numerous articles that have been published today that would support your statement.
    The small text following the asterisk
    "Note: AT&T users must have a tethering plan included with their wireless service plan to take advantage of the Bridge Browser. To enable tethering on your BlackBerry smartphone, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611."
    07-01-11 12:33 PM
    I guess RIM will have to change the description of the bridge app now for ATT because it is false advertising because you won't be using you existing data plan.

"Pair your BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet with a BlackBerry� smartphone to get even more features.

BlackBerry� Bridge is an app you can download to your smartphone to get access to your email, calendar, contacts, memo pad and tasks—all on the large tablet display. You can even browse the web using your BlackBerry smartphone’s existing data plan."
    Last edited by Foreverup; 07-01-11 at 12:49 PM.
    07-01-11 12:41 PM
    basically this defeats the purpose fo the bridge functionality. selling point doe playbook flushed down the toilet.
    IndubitablyMe likes this.
    07-01-11 12:48 PM
    A lie is a lie!

Remember this statement from Evil AT&T?

"AT&T is working with RIM to make the BlackBerry Bridge app available for AT&T customers. We have just received the app for testing and before it's made available to AT&T customers we want to ensure it delivers a quality experience for our customers."

Time to leave them folks. Supporting them any further will just empower them
    to pick your pocket even more!

Tim
    Foreverup likes this.
    07-01-11 12:51 PM
    I'm not defending AT&T in any way. This is ridiculous, but, and this is important, many of us on BES where Internet traffic doesn't go through our BES server have been without Bridge Browser since day 1. This isn't new to us and we still find the PB very useful. The bridge funcitonality is more about PIM and email than about the browser (that barely functioned anyway most of the time).
    07-01-11 12:52 PM
    I'm not defending AT&T in any way. This is ridiculous, but, and this is important, many of us on BES where Internet traffic doesn't go through our BES server have been without Bridge Browser since day 1. This isn't new to us and we still find the PB very useful. The bridge funcitonality is more about PIM and email than about the browser (that barely functioned anyway most of the time).
    Unfortunately I relied on the bridge browser as an international traveler. It is a slap in the face by ATT trying to rape my pocket book and a slap in the face by RIM for going along with it.
    07-01-11 12:55 PM
    This is too funny. Remember at&t's original official response on Bridge?...

"AT&T is working with RIM to make the BlackBerry Bridge app available for AT&T customers. We have just received the app for testing and before it's made available to AT&T customers we want to ensure it delivers a quality experience for our customers."

I guess AT&T has a sense of humor after all. haha.
    07-01-11 01:03 PM
    to me the bigger scandal here is charging $20 for the "save file" prompt performance of Bridge Browser. I deactivated from BES and tried it a few times and could never get more than two pages to load. It was horribly frustrating to try to use. I went right back to BES and gave up on it.

I too don't have the option to add the plan as it would screw up my grandfathered international plan, but when I bought the thing I didn't expect bridged browsing. when it was announced shortly before the PB was released, I was excited for it, saw the abysmal performance, and forgot about it. I went into this deal expecting this to be a WiFi only device that I could choose to pay an additional tethering charge for if I wanted anything beyond WiFi. No loss based on that.

If you bought yours after bridge .93 came out where the performance is supposedly better (I didn't find that it was btw), then I can understand some frustration/anger. Bottom line, though, what did you expect AT&T to do? You weren't surprised by this were you? If they were going to do what the other carriers did, they would have made it available day 1 - clearly they were looking for a way to make a buck.

Depending on what phones are released when, I'm seriously considering switching to VZ, but their unlimited plan is gone too as of next week.
    07-01-11 01:03 PM
    A lie is a lie!

Remember this statement from Evil AT&T?

Time to leave them folks. Supporting them any further will just empower them
    to pick your pocket even more!

Tim
    What is the lie? The Blackberry Bridge App is available. No one said that tethering would be free.
    07-01-11 01:05 PM
    What is the lie? The Blackberry Bridge App is available. No one said that tethering would be free.
    except being free everywhere else and RIM releasing statements saying it is not tethering
    07-01-11 01:08 PM
    this is Jim Official statement on this

"Last week at the launch party of the new PlayBook in New York City, RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie said that the "bridging" app for the PlayBook was a big differentiator for the Playbook over either the iPad or other Android tablets that are sold through carriers, because the "bridge" app allows BlackBerry users to get 3G data access on their tablets without paying an additional fee."
    07-01-11 01:12 PM
    Hey fool read the part after ***

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 01:12 PM
    I smell a nice big fat law suit coming against AT&T for double charging people. Charging two times for one data access stream is not legal.

Every single Blackberry person that uses AT&T should write the FCC to put a stop to the AT&T and TMobile merger using the Bridge
    as an example of AT&T's improved customer service, Charging two times for one service.

If anyone is interested here are the emails of the FCC Commissioners. This is all public information.

Chairman Julius Genachowski: [email protected]
    Commissioner Michael J. Copps: [email protected]
    Commissioner Robert McDowell: [email protected]
    Commissioner Mignon Clyburn: [email protected]

Send an email just to stop the merger and F AT&T
    Last edited by dfaris; 07-01-11 at 01:46 PM.
    dosto likes this.
    07-01-11 01:20 PM
    I smell a nice big fat law suit coming against AT&T for double charging people. Charging two times for one data access stream is not legal.
    Unfortunately it is because that's all tethering is. You pay for the data; if your smartphone then relays that paid product to your tablet or laptop, you pay for it again.

Its b.s. But it goes on all the time.
    Oh by the way. F*** you AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 01:28 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD