Hi, i'm having the following problem when trying to install Balckberry Bridge on my phone. I have a Bold 9000 (5.0.0.822) and installed the app (version for OS5) via desktop because app world is not available where i live and the OTA doesn't work.

Anyway, the app gets installed correctly on the phone, since i can see it in the installed apps menu, but there is no icon to run the app in any of the folders.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall it multiple times with the same result.

Does anyone know how i could solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
    06-11-11 03:55 PM
    Try this.. use the blackberry button on your home screen, click on show all. Also do the same for the downloads folder, you should see it.
    06-11-11 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the advice, but it was already selected..
    06-11-11 05:04 PM
    UP. Anyone have suggestions?
    06-12-11 04:32 AM
    I wonder if it's being blocked because of your location. Very odd not to find it. Check under applications in the menu to see if it's installed correctly.

Maybe try emailing the app instead of desktop?
    06-12-11 08:17 AM
    When i go to Options>Applications i can see the Blackberry Bridge 1.0.0.93 installed (on its left it does not have an icon though)

About email the app, you mean sending the .jad file via email and opening it? Because i did try to copy the .jad file in a folder on my bb memory card and when i execute it, it gives me the same "unable to download" error i get while trying the OTA.

Note: one of the first times i installed BB Bridge (via desktop) a message appeared on my screen stating: Application lookout(152) is not responding.

I have no idea what that is about and if it's related..

Anyway regarding the "blocked because of my location" that's not the issue because i know other people who succesfully installed the Bridge app on their phones (but they all have newer models such as the 9700)

I really want to solve this problem trying to keep my current blackberry and without having to buy a new one since it should be compatible being a OS5...

Any other suggestions are much appreciated..

Thanks everyone..
    06-12-11 04:33 PM
    UP..
    06-13-11 05:32 AM
    i am having the exact same issue on my torch 9800. in apps world it shows installed but i cannot find the app anywhere. when i do a search on the phone the app doesnt show up either. i have deleted and re-installed the app many times already in apps world. any help would be greatly appriciated.
    11-29-11 12:41 PM
    11-29-11 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD