I upgraded my phone to the Q10 from a 9800 recently... In using BlackBerry Bridge on my PlayBook, I had moved some of the elements from the application folder to the dock. After the phone upgrade, the icons on the dock vanished. Is there any way to re-load the Bridge application? I'd rather not have to wipe the PlayBook!
    03-18-14 12:26 PM
    The icons aren't missing per say, BB10 Bridge functionality is much different than the Legacy BB OS Bridge functionality. They have added a few things since the release of BB10. I can't remember initially, but the most recent re-addition was text messaging via bridge if I'm not mistaken.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-18-14 12:50 PM
    Just reinstall Bridge from BB World on your Playbook. I did not have any issues flipping from a Torch 9850 to the Z30, all things were kinda the same, Bridge is a bit hobbled when compared to the Bridge in OS 7.xxxxxx

But it is slowly coming back to what we knew and loved....

c
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    03-18-14 12:57 PM
    When i was trying to set up BlackBerry Bridge on my parents PlayBook i noticed the Bridge app wasn't there like on mine. I went to the App store and couldn't find it. I just swipped down the menu and went to the Bridge then connected it to my Z10 and it showed up. Now my parents can video chat with me on my phone once i put my pin in their contact list.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 01:20 PM
    Just reinstall Bridge from BB World on your Playbook...

c
    That is what I'd like to do, but Bridge is nowhere to be found in BB WORLD... If anyone has a link that would be great.
    I'm backed up, so I could wipe and start over, but that seems a bit extreme...
    03-20-14 02:44 PM
    Do you have to install bridge on the Playbook? I thought it was only something to install on the phone side. Been a while, but can't remember. Oh, and BB10 bridge has much more limited functionality vs the older BB7 devices. Can still check text messages and BBM, but no more bridge "mail" for now.
    03-22-14 10:07 AM
    Bridge is built into the PlayBook, but has to be installed on your handset.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 06:44 AM
    I upgraded my phone to the Q10 from a 9800 recently... In using BlackBerry Bridge on my PlayBook, I had moved some of the elements from the application folder to the dock. After the phone upgrade, the icons on the dock vanished. Is there any way to re-load the Bridge application? I'd rather not have to wipe the PlayBook!
    What you are seeing is by design. Bridge for BB10 is essentially gone. Crippled. Eviscerated. Violated. Taken from us. You get the point.

There is no more contact sync, no more email sync, no more "Open on" command, no more remote file browsing, etc etc etc. All of the useful stuff has been removed, leaving only BBM sync, remote keyboard, browser gateway (which is redundant since your phone is a wifi hotspot), and the recently re-added (as Thachoc notes below) sms sync. Your PB is now much, much, much less useful, thanks to BB10, and you may well find yourself shoving it in a drawer to be forgotten, as so many here did long ago.

Also, as has been mentioned in other comments below, there is not, nor ever has been, a Bridge app on the PB. You are only looking for one because logic is telling you that something is missing and needs to be replaced.

There is small hope, however: read this forum for the recent news that a PB OS update is coming. While I'm certain Bridge will not return with that update, I dare hope for a lite-to-middlin' version of BB10 itself, complete with Android 4.3 or better.
    03-23-14 04:46 PM
    Bridge is a bit hobbled when compared to the Bridge in OS 7.x.
    That's like saying that Alderaan was a little smaller after the Death Star attacked it...
    03-23-14 04:53 PM
    There is no more contact sync, no more email sync, no more "Open on" command, no more remote file browsing, etc etc etc. All of the useful stuff has been removed, leaving only BBM sync, remote keyboard, browser gateway (which is redundant since your phone is a wifi hotspot), and the recently re-added (as Thachoc notes below) sms sync. Your PB is now much, much, much less useful, thanks to BB10, and you may well find yourself shoving it in a drawer to be forgotten, as so many here did long ago.
    Open On is now under Share - Open on PlayBook. Remote files still work, internet sharing still works. Phone calls can now be answered or ignored from the PB pop-up window. Really the only thing missing is the Bridge mail/PIM.
    03-24-14 06:00 PM