There are quite a few threads about this, but this is the first one on the 2.0 OS.

So, this morning I was in the tube, late and going to school. I was to present some project. As always, I emailed the .pptx to myself(not time to upload it wireless). I have a mini-HDMI cable so projects are easy for me. Not today.

I started the Bluetooth on my BlackBerry Bold 9700(latest OS 5) and on my 64GB Playbook(also latest OS). They paired, everything was great until i wanted to get into the email app. My BlackBerry has a short password so I had to enter the password.
    I typed it in, it loaded for about 2 seconds and then I was awesomely greeted by another lock screen(picture 1). I entered the password again and it went in a loop: loading-black screen-loading again. But no freaking email. I thought it was some malware(a small chance, but there has to be a first "OMG, my photos and my history") at first.

Everything else works, contacts, calendar, files(i opened the ppt through the files app). I just can't access my god-damn mail. I do have the icon in the corner that says I have new, unread emails tough.

As I said in the beginning, this issue was reported before, but not on official OS 2. Apparently OS 2 fixed it. Well, not so much. The solution was to wipe both the phone and the Playbook, but it's just so much hassle. Any solution to this problem?
    06-18-12 07:00 AM
    This has happened to me more than a few times. The only fix that seems to work (for a little while) is the security wipe. It happened to me again last week and I've given up. I hate the anxiety I get each time I open bridged mail wondering if I'll get the "flashing screen". I'm using native e-mail for now but my personal choice would be to have the bridged function working as it should. EXTREMELY disappointed that this problem has not been taken care of yet.
    AT&T 9900 7.0.0.440 (rroyy bridge app)-Playbook 16GB 2.0.1.358
    06-18-12 08:11 AM
    I just started having the same problem of flashing bridge email. Everything else works fine. I deleted and reloaded Rrovy's Bridge App, restarted, and no fix. Would hate to Security wipe it. Perhaps I could try connecting to DM while PB is turned off, and reload OS.
    06-19-12 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD